Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
MY VIEWS ON TEJAS SIR AND FYERS
1)I have never been a fan of anyone in my entire life but this time i became a fan of both fyers and tejas sir. You have all those qualities that i want on myself like having a vast knowledge of securities market and a great trader, a practioner of martial art, even accepting the mistakes with courage and responsibility and trying to rectify it as soon as possible, reading book ,except playing chess(i dont like chess at all).
MY VIEW IS BASED ON AFTER READING ALL YOUR INTERVIEWS (that i found), READING YOUR REPLIES ON BRAINSTORM , TRADERJI, FACEBOOK ETC basically i follow you like a trader tracks his postion and investors on his investment. AND I M ALSO A SMALL FAN OF MR.NITHIN KAMATH .

2) I love fyers web soo much that i have become addicted to it. It has solved many of problem that i was facing before its launch. FAVOURITE FEATURE ARE- a) position size tool ,b) order placement throgh drag and drop, c)vast amount of intraday and EOD corporate action adjusted data ,d) saving drawing on charts(MOST LOVED FEATURE) ETC
PROBLEM FACED BY ME ON MY ENTIRE JOURNEY WITH FYERS;-
1) Blocking of MIS order on one day during the recent market crash (atleast should have allowed by blocking full margin)
2)Mis-behave by one of your customer executive (i was also quit rude at that time). already complained about it to [email protected]
3)even after opening account for mcx, order placement was disabled for me , later enabled after complaining about it
4) many time your customer executive don't follow up after saying that will call back
5)you have also ignored many of my comments on fyers brainstrrom
IMPROVEMENT AND FEATURE REQUEST ;
1)chart loading is slower compared to your competitor platform especially kite .kite loads so smoothly that it doesn't feels we are loading something .even thier website open faster than fyers.
obviously fyers web much more tools and data than zerodha but it like comparing amazon app with flipkart app amazon offers much more product than flipkart but flipkart apps work much smoother that amazon.(personal opinion)
DONT THINK THAT I M COMPARING YOU BUT I JUST WANT YOU TO IMPROVE IT TO ENHANCE THE USER EXPERIENCE.
2)IF possible kindly allow order placement from pop-out chart, or add scrip search option on order window OR add buy-sell button on watchlist itself so that we don't need to load chart before loading chart on fyer web;
3)sometimes drawing on chart dont get save on cloud even after clicking multiple time on save button especially at night.
4)simultaneously order placement from fyers web and fyers one so that even if a problem occur on one terminal we could use the secound one.
3)i will be very thankful to you if you launch a TRADING JOURNAL application

ALL THE ABOVE POINTS ARE MY PERSONAL OPINION AND I AM NOT BIASED TOWARDS ANY BROKER.
Hi @AMIT PANDEY,

1)I have never been a fan of anyone in my entire life but this time i became a fan of both fyers and tejas sir. You have all those qualities that i want on myself like having a vast knowledge of securities market and a great trader, a practioner of martial art, even accepting the mistakes with courage and responsibility and trying to rectify it as soon as possible, reading book ,except playing chess(i dont like chess at all).
MY VIEW IS BASED ON AFTER READING ALL YOUR INTERVIEWS (that i found), READING YOUR REPLIES ON BRAINSTORM , TRADERJI, FACEBOOK ETC basically i follow you like a trader tracks his postion and investors on his investment. AND I M ALSO A SMALL FAN OF MR.NITHIN KAMATH .
I'm humbled, thanks for appreciating & noticing our efforts. Chess & Martial arts are some of my hobbies. I indulge whenever I find some free time during the week. :)

2) I love fyers web soo much that i have become addicted to it. It has solved many of problem that i was facing before its launch. FAVOURITE FEATURE ARE- a) position size tool ,b) order placement throgh drag and drop, c)vast amount of intraday and EOD corporate action adjusted data ,d) saving drawing on charts(MOST LOVED FEATURE) ETC
Thanks for acknowledging that we helped solve many of your problems. I hope it has for others too. Our first priority has always been to help easy order placement and ensure the platform is stable. Saved Charts helps analyze your own TA at a later date and saves them in a repository for later use. Many of these features that are not available on other platforms are made available on FYERS because we reached out for feedback and developed based on that. Not all feedback is feasible to implement but I would say that our clients have played a big role in helping us refine the platform and offer what is most useful to them. @Traderji users, in particular, are my favorite. I find this community to be more aware than the ones on other forums.

1) Blocking of MIS order on one day during the recent market crash (atleast should have allowed by blocking full margin)
We block MIS/Intraday orders to protect you and us in the event that the marketwide circuit limit is triggered. Most traders don't know that in such times, the exchange cancels all pending orders (They don't care if it's a fresh trade entry, Target/SL, BO, CO, Margin). They will cancel everything. In such a situation, you will be left with an unhedged position when the market re-opens and could potentially lose money. People readily blame us for this but they don't know that the exchange cancels everything and makes RMS difficult for brokers.

2)Mis-behave by one of your customer executive (i was also quit rude at that time). already complained about it to [email protected]
Disciplinary action has been taken. We are scaling up and in the process, have hired new staff. Sometimes when they have gone out of line, we have taken the necessary action including terminating the concerned person.

3)even after opening account for mcx, order placement was disabled for me , later enabled after complaining about it
The front-end update takes 1 day. Not sure when this was but must be a one-off.

4) many time your customer executive don't follow up after saying that will call back
Happens sometimes, yes. Usually because of heavy incoming call flow during and post-market hours. To enable customers with self-help, we introduced a Support Portal. Hopefully, this reduces repeated queries to some extent so we can dedicate more time to new queries & Call N Trade.

I'm sorry about that. I try to reply to as many comments as I can. I will try to attend to them in the future.

I hope that we are your broker of 1st choice and that you're trading with us though. We've been interacting on Brainstorm for quite some time now. :)

Hi @AMIT PANDEY,

I'm humbled, thanks for appreciating & noticing our efforts. Chess & Martial arts are some of my hobbies. I indulge whenever I find some free time during the week. :)

Thanks for acknowledging that we helped solve many of your problems. I hope it has for others too. Our first priority has always been to help easy order placement and ensure the platform is stable. Saved Charts helps analyze your own TA at a later date and saves them in a repository for later use. Many of these features that are not available on other platforms are made available on FYERS because we reached out for feedback and developed based on that. Not all feedback is feasible to implement but I would say that our clients have played a big role in helping us refine the platform and offer what is most useful to them. @Traderji users, in particular, are my favorite. I find this community to be more aware than the ones on other forums.

We block MIS/Intraday orders to protect you and us in the event that the marketwide circuit limit is triggered. Most traders don't know that in such times, the exchange cancels all pending orders (They don't care if it's a fresh trade entry, Target/SL, BO, CO, Margin). They will cancel everything. In such a situation, you will be left with an unhedged position when the market re-opens and could potentially lose money. People readily blame us for this but they don't know that the exchange cancels everything and makes RMS difficult for brokers.

Disciplinary action has been taken. We are scaling up and in the process, have hired new staff. Sometimes when they have gone out of line, we have taken the necessary action including terminating the concerned person.

The front-end update takes 1 day. Not sure when this was but must be a one-off.

Happens sometimes, yes. Usually because of heavy incoming call flow during and post-market hours. To enable customers with self-help, we introduced a Support Portal. Hopefully, this reduces repeated queries to some extent so we can dedicate more time to new queries & Call N Trade.

I'm sorry about that. I try to reply to as many comments as I can. I will try to attend to them in the future.

I hope that we are your broker of 1st choice and that you're trading with us though. We've been interacting on Brainstorm for quite some time now. :)
I m addicted to fyers. I Trade only with fyers.

Hello Tejas,
As we know Fyers account opening was free till March. Is it necessary to levy account opening charges? There are many discount brokers still offers free accounts. As a Youtuber many people have opened account under me in different brokerages, one of them being Fyers as I recommend it more often because I like your approach to the community.

Recently I noticed the number of people moving to fee free brokerages and those brokers are highlighting the newly introduced fee in some brokerages to attract people.

These new account holders are active traders as they are learning & trading. My referral income from other brokerages are substantially high nowadays compared to Fyers. If the fee is waived off I'm sure such traders brokerage will make it up than them opening account with some other broker.

@Tejas Khoday

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Hello Tejas,
As we know Fyers account opening was free till March. Is it necessary to levy account opening charges? There are many discount brokers still offers free accounts. As a Youtuber many people have opened account under me in different brokerages, one of them being Fyers as I recommend it more often because I like your approach to the community.

Recently I noticed the number of people moving to fee free brokerages and those brokers are highlighting the newly introduced fee in some brokerages to attract people.

These new account holders are active traders as they are learning & trading. My referral income from other brokerages are substantially high nowadays compared to Fyers. If the fee is waived off I'm sure such traders brokerage will make it up than them opening account with some other broker.
Hi @vipicorp, We offered a free account opening since inception. Demat was offered free for 6 months. Whoever opened an account with us on or before 31st March is not affected. We are not charging them AMC either. Please note that there is a cost of client acquisition that we have been subsidizing for a long time. We have been offering valuable stuff for free and levying A/C opening fee & a small AMC only helps us cover the costs partially. We do not chase numbers by compromising quality!

If they have already opened an account listening to your advice beforehand, then it would be free. Now, we levy a small fee. But we do provide value to our clients. You see, at the end of the day, our ability to service clients depends on our ability to support our operations based on revenues. Unlike other discount brokers, we are not funded so I cannot comment on their plans and goals. We will provide value and quality service and it comes at a very small cost.

If you really think everything can be made free forever, then think again. We did it for 4 years+ It's a business at the end of the day and there has to be an incentive for diligent work. Many consumers/customers always ignore this aspect and pay the price in some other unforeseen way later. Hey, but apart from all that, customers can trade for FREE if they win the 30 Day Challenge. I don't know any broker who offers that though and in fact, encourages people to take the challenge and win (The brokerage refunds we pay is much higher than the account opening fees that we collect).

Last edited:

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
They also need to satisfy today's first 15minutes opening range breakout .. just reverse for selling side. is it possible to create a scanner like this ?
I suggest you subscribe to TradingView through us with the link mentioned therein. You can use the TV screener, trigger alerts, and fire orders through FYERS API Bridge. This is our latest initiative to reduce the cost for those interested in TrardingView and AlgoTrading.

Developing unique screeners based on individual feedback is not feasible because then there would be innumerable and not everyone would want such screeners. To resolve this, we are providing a good deal to our clients to create their own screeners and also integrate with our APIs with the bridge tool. It's like shooting 2 birds with one arrow :).

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
anybody can help on it
Yes @vsreeram77,
  1. Learn about the API Bridge here - Introducing FYERS API Bridge.
  2. Read our Support Articles on the API Bridge. - FYERS API Bridge Archives.
  3. Join our API Discussions group on Telegram - FYERS API Discussion.
  4. You can contact our support team and ask to speak with API support.
Make sure to subscribe to TradingView through us and not directly to get the Bridge for free or at 50% discount depending on which plan you choose. All the best!

superman

Why my MIS orders were rejected in pre-open market today ?

RMS:12005042152 PRODUCT IS BLOCKED FOR THIS PROFILE

Not just for today. I see this happening often. Suddenly out of nowhere some restriction during pre-open market but after pre-open everything will be fine