cloudTrader

this is incredible effort from arthachithra.

i dont know if they still have the backtesting tool but the open nature of the software allows the community to build tools on top of it. already supports nest/ib/kite/quandl as data provider and you could fire orders

I think that firing orders from NEST is not possible now through ArthaChitra because Thomson Reuters has stopped the API for retail clients.

cloudTrader

We're not referring to Fox Trader! I can tell you that we are in touch with several software providers. What makes you averse to Fox Trader? I haven't used the platform yet so need some feedback from those who have. The survey was solely focused on a software which will help in screening + backtesting. If you are not using those features on Fox Trader, then you might have to use those features and let me know :)
Ok, nice to know that you were not referring to Fox Trader as it generates interest also. :)

Fox trader is good but it has an elongated learning curve for those who are not from technical background as far as its advanced features are concerned. A non-techie trader will need lot more efforts to design their strategy , even will have to regularly take help of support for designing and modifying their system. :oops:

I used Fox Trader for some days recently and I was overwhelmed with the information loaded in it. Net result was that I eliminated all advance stuff from my use of the platform and just used it for trade execution and some basic scanning. :nailbiting:

While using Fox Trader it seemed that I am using it to learn something which does not fall in my domain. Some terms were just sounding Greek to me. :bored:

I would really give more importance to that platform which could be predictive in its use and has an interface which intuitively allows to try new things rather than trying to mug up the process.

pannet1

I think that firing orders from NEST is not possible now through ArthaChitra because Thomson Reuters has stopped the API for retail clients.
so thats why they bought NEST to make it unusable for us and sell their API sh*t.

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Dear @Tejas Khoday ,
Finally after lot of testings in the last six months on your all platforms comes to an conclusion that Fyers is better than their competitor except some order execution issue which i mentioned earlier.
So decided to transfer a portion of my fund, and try full fledge trading with the hope of your action on order issues. Will be back soon with the real experience with your platforms.
Happy Diwali.....
Hi @nrmkvl, The order execution is good too. Rarely, it can be slow due to the above-mentioned reasons. Glad to know you trust us and taking the step. Happy Trading!

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
All this is a problem with NSE alone. Damn those idiots.
Sorry, I shouldn't have bothered you with this problem. specially, when it's not even your fault.
Thanks for the clarification.

PS: On a serious note, I was really expecting a more professional reply thaN more excuses as to why things happen the way they do. As a trader, I am disinterested in all of these. I just want a more reliable platform when I go out to risk my money. Trading is risky anyways. I don't want to add more risk due to a trading platform. Thank you for your patience thus far
Hello @Riskyman, Do you really think that we are unprofessional and giving unjustified reasons? I am being transparent about what happens in the back-end to everyone on Traderji and casual visitors who land on this website for information. A trading platform is not just a single layered application that works independently. The performance is interdependent on ISPs at our end, ISPs at the exchanges' end, data centers' services, server architecture and scale up, TAT of service providers, NEAT terminal settings, Clearing member issues and many other small components. Please note, that "The chain is only as strong as its weakest link." A broker is a part of the chain and not the chain itself. I know all this doesn't matter to the end user but I thought by giving you a perspective of what happens inside, it will make everyone more informed. We take the best possible measures without compromising our clients' interests and we speed up the Turn-Around Time although it may not be because of us. We are working in your interest and we have a good team on the job. Do you really think that the telecom operators in India are doing an amazing job? You will be surprised to note that during the metro construction in Mumbai and even during normal times, their lines get cut left right and center even without their information. They don't seem to have a clue about how to fix such issues. We all operate in the environment that we are surrounded by.

Can you confidently tell me that any other brokerage prioritizes uptime as much as us? There are many occasions when our platforms have been working perfectly fine when other large brokers' platforms were down for hours at a stretch. I don't want to question or point fingers at anyone's competence but I'm just making you aware that your orders and positions are the TOP priority here. Our platform is reliable and many large and active traders trade through us with confidence. If we were not reliable, I don't think we would be doing over 2000 crores of daily turnover if there was any question on our reliability. Since we are always available online to interact with traders, even the smallest blip gets highlighted as headlines. Traditional offline brokers face outages regularly and since they don't bother to reply or address clients' concerns online, all the flaws get hidden under the carpet.

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
this is incredible effort from arthachithra.

i dont know if they still have the backtesting tool but the open nature of the software allows the community to build tools on top of it. already supports nest/ib/kite/quandl as data provider and you could fire orders

What tools can you build on top of it? Integration is easier said than done. :)

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
i did not use it .. the software is free to download and use.
you just need to select the connection as NEST and enter your credentials and you should be able to trade.
check out their other videos from youtube by clicking on the uploader name (arthachitra).

some tj discussions on them

instructions on how to get us instruments in arthachithra

they are broker agnostic. so you could connect to more than one broker (at the same time ?)

their contact details
Software vendors' logic: We've built a software, so let's lease it out to as many brokers as possible or ask their users to pay directly.

Brokers' logic: The software guy has already built it, so let's just integrate and finish it off. Whoever wants to use it will use it. Who cares?

Our thought process: Don't offer anything and everything. Launching is one thing and providing service is another. Spreading too thin may dilute the experience. We may be wrong about this too. Feel free to give us your thoughts on our approach. What do you think?

Last edited: