Riskyman

Hi @Riskyman, I will explain this to you. FYERS Web works on the TradingView front-end which works in a certain way. When you place an order, it is sent to the exchange after our servers receive the order entry information from your side. Let's say your order is pending, when the LTP reaches your limit/SL order price, the front-end makes a request to the server to check whether the order is executed or not. Very rarely, SL orders get triggered even when the LTP has not reached the trigger price (This happens because SL orders get matched at the exchange and not at our end). During such times, our front-end does not make a request to get the latest order status. The system is designed in a way that it fetches the order details upon the following:

1. A new request is made from the user's end
2. When the user clicks on the "Refresh Trading Details button".
3. When LTP reaches the pending order price.

FYI, we are working on a solution to give instant updates without any rare exceptions such as the one mentioned above. It is not a server issue or got to do anything with backups as such. We already have backups fro our leased lines and our IT infrastructure is located in Mumbai too. Your assumption on the leased line providers in Mumbai being reliable is not true. All this while we have been located in Mumbai and in the most reliable data centers in the stock market domain.

Hope this clarifies.

Note: The issues you report does not occur in Fyers Markets or Fyers One. The mechanism is slightly different there. For instance, the order book is refreshed each time you load the order book but that is not the case in Fyers Web due the front-end limitations of TradingView in this regard. We will optimize it even more.
All this is a problem with NSE alone. Damn those idiots.
Sorry, I shouldn't have bothered you with this problem. specially, when it's not even your fault.
Thanks for the clarification.

PS: On a serious note, I was really expecting a more professional reply thaN more excuses as to why things happen the way they do. As a trader, I am disinterested in all of these. I just want a more reliable platform when I go out to risk my money. Trading is risky anyways. I don't want to add more risk due to a trading platform. Thank you for your patience thus far

Last edited:
Dear @Tejas Khoday ,
Finally after lot of testings in the last six months on your all platforms comes to an conclusion that Fyers is better than their competitor except some order execution issue which i mentioned earlier.
So decided to transfer a portion of my fund, and try full fledge trading with the hope of your action on order issues. Will be back soon with the real experience with your platforms.
Happy Diwali.....

Riskyman

Why order modifications are slow in Fyers Web? Placing orders are good. But whenever I modify orders it takes a while

I was very excited when I opened my account almost a year ago. But after that it never became my primary trading account.
i) I was looking for some specific features of NEST trader (feature requested a year ago) , which is not provided by Fyers Web or One.
The slow order execution/modification etc etc is all due to the exchange. Not a fault of Fyers.

timepass

Let's not play the blame game as yet. The whole industry is in nascent stages. The various problems get identified and will be taken care of in due course of time. I am sure that one day we will have softwares with the robustness of MT4 etc. in our markets too. At present, if we face any problems, let's identify and report them, and while not expecting big time results, check if the brokers' intentions are in the right direction.

So far, as we have seen here, Fyers are the most active broker on this website, they have paid attention to the various wishes of the customers, have not hurried nor made any promises they can't keep. All that sounds like right direction to me.

Broker Special Offers