Upstox - RKSV - Trade in Rs 20 Max

saakk

Guys, if you didn't receive an SMS, we request you to please send us a PM with your client code so that we can update our database with your correct number (if it was indeed the case that you did not receive any SMS). We SMS'd all clients today with their registered mobile numbers.
Just PM you my client id and mobile no.

Just PM you my client id and mobile no.
Got it. Will take a look at it and let you know.

I know it must have been a super painful day today trading with us for NSE. We were tearing our hair apart figuring out why just that one exchange won't broadcast rates. We were up at 7A just to take care of last minute stuff. Super sorry for the all the issues around it.

The SMS's should have gone out in the morning right after we discovered it. Will look into it to see why it didn't reach many of you. We sent it to all customers, not just the ones who traded today or anything.

Again, super sorry for the problems. Migrated to a new datacenter over the weekend. We can't take back today's problems but a positive out of it is that we do expect to get fatter pipes to the Internet on both Tata and Airtel after this migration in a few days.

Please accept our apologies.

- Shrini

The SMS's should have gone out in the morning right after we discovered it. Will look into it to see why it didn't reach many of you. We sent it to all customers, not just the ones who traded today or anything.
got the SMS at 10:31

NJ23

Don't believe so easily. Only 1 broker in traderji is best. U all know who.. Technology is so important and costly. Everybody can't afford
:rofl: We all remember December 2014, when even orders were not getting accepted!

I know it must have been a super painful day today trading with us for NSE. We were tearing our hair apart figuring out why just that one exchange won't broadcast rates. We were up at 7A just to take care of last minute stuff. Super sorry for the all the issues around it.

Again, super sorry for the problems. Migrated to a new datacenter over the weekend. We can't take back today's problems but a positive out of it is that we do expect to get fatter pipes to the Internet on both Tata and Airtel after this migration in a few days.

- Shrini
I hope you just don't look at it. Pls do let us know what corrective action has been taken. As your customers it is our right to know how such thing will not be repeated, i.e. the no or delayed communication part and not the core technical glitch part, that can still happen for reasons beyond your control.

It is easy for all of us (us the clients and you) to forget once things start running smooth. Hence we would appreciate if you could revert about your findings why SMS were not delivered before market opening (I too got it at 10:30 am, buy that time the entire world knew about it). Why not even a single broadcast messages appear on NEST terminals. Till then I logged off the NEST twice, rebooted the machine once and then decided to call you. I saw messages on the web version later though.

Instead of creating a short strangle which I had earlier plannned, I for that matter closed my last week carried forward short 1000 Nifty CE8800 for a small profit at EOD today. Twice bitten than shy. Cant risk having even a hedge position like a short strangle tomorrow without having any control i.e. just incase if today's issue had to happen tomorrow again.

Pls remember "communication is the key". Hope you updated all with your findings, plan b and assurance that such massive downtime will be handled well.

On a lighter note, we too have fatter pipes and know where to put them just in cases of repeat instances like these. ;-)

amsin21

- Shrini
That is a much better professional approach. Glitches can happen in this techie world. Acceptable.

But as many users pointed out, open position situations should be handled in a better way, eg; calling the user with open position directly, thus user will also get benefited, RKSV also through more bonding in the expense of a simple phone call.

Let the fatter pipes make the life with RKSV much better.

Best wishes.

megapixel

Yep, you can skip it. It's optional. You can always add it later.

Completely optional. We don't use that information either. Section is there just for compliance.

Yep. You can do that.

We refund any idle money lying in your account every once in a while. You can pick whether you'd want that done monthly or quarterly. The money gets refunded to your primary bank account.

Yes you can.

Drop an email to sales AT rksv DOT in and we can help you with any Q's you may have. Hope that helps!

Thanks for the reply.

I have two more queries.

In MCX FORM C....

page 4: Section G , VAT details , validity etc- Can I skip this part ? I have no idea what to write here.

page 5: Section H, Tax registration details - Can I skip this part ? I have no idea what to write here.

also , I already have IL&FS demat account. ....Can I link this with rksv ? if so what to write in the form (if any) and what(any doc?) to send for this ?

Last edited:
I hope you just don't look at it. Pls do let us know what corrective action has been taken. As your customers it is our right to know how such thing will not be repeated, i.e. the no or delayed communication part and not the core technical glitch part, that can still happen for reasons beyond your control.

It is easy for all of us (us the clients and you) to forget once things start running smooth. Hence we would appreciate if you could revert about your findings why SMS were not delivered before market opening (I too got it at 10:30 am, buy that time the entire world knew about it). Why not even a single broadcast messages appear on NEST terminals. Till then I logged off the NEST twice, rebooted the machine once and then decided to call you. I saw messages on the web version later though.

Instead of creating a short strangle which I had earlier plannned, I for that matter closed my last week carried forward short 1000 Nifty CE8800 for a small profit at EOD today. Twice bitten than shy. Cant risk having even a hedge position like a short strangle tomorrow without having any control i.e. just incase if today's issue had to happen tomorrow again.

Pls remember "communication is the key". Hope you updated all with your findings, plan b and assurance that such massive downtime will be handled well.

On a lighter note, we too have fatter pipes and know where to put them just in cases of repeat instances like these. ;-)
Hi US_64,

You're totally on the dot. Communication is always key especially in these scenarios.

We are happy to say that today everything is working as planned. You might encounter a slow login process but rates and order placement should be fine.

Please let us know if any of you guys face anything abnormal.

saakk

Hi US_64,

You're totally on the dot. Communication is always key especially in these scenarios.

We are happy to say that today everything is working as planned. You might encounter a slow login process but rates and order placement should be fine.

Please let us know if any of you guys face anything abnormal.
Nest crashed twice while loading (reaching 85%)... In 3rd attempt it logged in... Never happened before....