Upstox - RKSV - Trade in Rs 20 Max

iTrade

So if I square off the order, will the profit/loss reflect corretly ? Right now it is not shown correctly ..that is my concern. Because terminal seems to calculate profit loss taking LTP 80 as difference..

if traders can't trade during such events (monetary policy etc) then when will they make money ???
Hi ethan hunt,

By 11am tomorrow, when the monetary policy is released, the issues will have been mitigated.

So if I square off the order, will the profit/loss reflect corretly ? Right now it is not shown correctly ..that is my concern. Because terminal seems to calculate profit loss taking LTP 80 as difference..
Hi gansal,

Yes, the terminal is taking the LTP value, which is incorrect; in reality, your MTM will be based on the actual trades placed based on the live prices trading at that time. Thanks.

Hi US_64,

It's nice to see you have a sense of humor in this situation! But that being said, we will get this resolved before 11am tomorrow.

Hi US_64,

You're correct on most your points. That being said, we did broadcast a message right after market open and during various times during the day over NEST, and also SMS's all clients today as well as over the weekend.

We understand that communication with our clients is of the utmost priority. We will communicate with you all with updates from our side
Yes you did send an email stating some activity over the weekend. But please presume that none of us would wonder the impact of this activity, well I treated that email just as the SMS a bank sends regularly not to share passwords, kyc details etc to anyone i.e. on the most lowest importance. Probably next time onwards I will be more careful with all of your communications.

I did get an SMS but that was at around 10:30 am today.

I did not get a single broadcast on NEST till writing this post.

I had overnight position of short Nifty CE 8800 from last week which I continue to hold even now. As a worst case scenario was prepared for gap up opening of 50-60 points on Nifty (i.e. spot at 8500) but that didn't happen. I will now create at strangle by EOD today by web version so I am hegded for the D day tomorrow. But just imagine, had today been monetary policy day the situation would have been grave. Obvisously, I wouldn't have held naked overnight positions in that case.

While we have learnt our lesson by this experience, you should also not return home empty handed. i.e. the most important of all is not to undertake any such major revamp activity on occasion of any preset economic activity like the monetary policy. Please include this point in your check list as a strictly no - no.

Hi all,

The broadcast is back up. You should be able to see rates for all NSE segments on your terminals. We will be broadcasting a message on NEST as well as SMS'ing all clients right away.

iTrade

Yes you did send an email stating some activity over the weekend. But please presume that none of us would wonder the impact of this activity, well I treated that email just as the SMS a bank sends regularly not to share passwords, kyc details etc to anyone i.e. on the most lowest importance. Probably next time onwards I will be more careful with all of your communications.

I did get an SMS but that was at around 10:30 am today.

I did not get a single broadcast on NEST till writing this post.

I had overnight position of short Nifty CE 8800 from last week which I continue to hold even now. As a worst case scenario was prepared for gap up opening of 50-60 points on Nifty (i.e. spot at 8500) but that didn't happen. I will now create at strangle by EOD today by web version so I am hegded for the D day tomorrow. But just imagine, had today been monetary policy day the situation would have been grave. Obvisously, I wouldn't have held naked overnight positions in that case.

While we have learnt our lesson by this experience, you should also not return home empty handed. i.e. the most important of all is not to undertake any such major revamp activity on occasion of any preset economic activity like the monetary policy. Please include this point in your check list as a strictly no - no.
I agree...No SMS. No email. No terminal notification. You go check yourself if all clients got these notifications or not. And no wonder, why would anyone think your weekend activity will impact our Monday. It is your job to ensure impact and not ours.

I agree...No SMS. No email. No terminal notification. You go check yourself if all clients got these notifications or not. And no wonder, why would anyone think your weekend activity will impact our Monday. It is your job to ensure impact and not ours.
Gansal, please PM your client code so we can see what went wrong from our side. We did send out SMS's and notifications on NEST throughout the day, so it is odd that you did not receive anything.

As of right now, the feed is back up. We are deeply sorry for the inconveniences caused today.

XRAY27

Terminal is updating now...anyways your sms is not received till now..just check you data base,i think many of us not received :(

Guys, if you didn't receive an SMS, we request you to please send us a PM with your client code so that we can update our database with your correct number (if it was indeed the case that you did not receive any SMS). We SMS'd all clients today with their registered mobile numbers.

XRAY27

from 3PM to 3.12PM disconnected 2 times and screen turned into blank... pls rectify this server issue