Upstox - RKSV - Trade in Rs 20 Max

How long will it take????? your QUADRUPLED size doesn't seems to be working.... Today only i had put up extra margin to increase the trade size and you guys gave this surprise....
Hi Saakk,

We apologize for this mishap- we're looking into it in detail and will rectify the problem ASAP. It's a broadcast issue with the NSE. Orders should be working fine.

Yes, my orders executed.... even reconciliation works

For about 1/2, I was not able to modify orders ("Server not ready", "Adapter is down").... but now I am able to modify and place orders.
Hi Augubhai,

That's correct, orders should be going through fine.

i don't have open position, what about those people if your phonelines are not working like today !!! :annoyed:

sat and sunday you won't work, all are done in trading hours ! at least send a msg like "Go for vocation for few days we are updating server" :annoyed: :D
Hi XRAY27,

We have sent an SMS to all our clients. Our phone lines are working, but the call wait is longer than usual. We request you to stay put on the line if it's a question that is not answered here.

Hi
I agree with xray bhai
Fortunately, I dont have any open positions..but what about the traders who have open positions..how will they close their positions..what about their losses..will rksv pay for their losses..those technical things should do on sat & sunday..
besides, what if we dont have open positions..but here we cant participate in market..why do we take risk to put order when we cant see proper price on screen.whats the use of putting orders..who will redempt for our opportunity loss..trade of day coems in 1 hour of day..& we are seeing these stupid issues...who will redempt for our opportunity loss..
Rksv...you are discount broker..it doesnt means that you can stop broadcast any time..the brokerage we saved, can be a big loss for us days like this..the technical issues, is never expected..
if you have tchnical issues, you should be ready for phone calls..at least give proper infrastructure...
now ..its been now 1 hour, KINDLLY start now
ThANKS
Hi niftytaurus,

You can place orders, but as of now you can't see prices streaming in from the NSE. This has never occurred to us in the past and we are on it. We understand your concerns and assure you are working around the clock to mitigate the issues at hand.

Our phones lines are available- do call if you have technical queries that are not answered here. The call wait might be longer than usual today but should quiet down soon.

iTrade

I placed a sell order for SUNPHARMA15JUN900CE and it got executed at 25 while I could see 80 as LTP in terminal. I didn't know the terminal had issues and also no SMS or email from RKSV .

Last edited:
So you know that "monday" your terminal won't work :annoyed: ...my basic question is why don't you send a SMS to your clients...:mad:
Hi XRAY27,

We did not expect any issues at all today. As we have stated, this is quite unprecedented for us- any client of ours who posts here can vouch for that.

We have sent an SMS to all our clients informing them of the situation. Over the weekend, we also notified all our clients that a migration was underway over the weekend. We tend to take these issues very proactively.

I have naked open position in Nifty (short OTM options), fortunately Nifty didn't gap open (favourably or otherwise), else it would have been heart burn for unable to book profit or cut loss on opening. Moreover the phone lines weren't working i.e. getting busy tone. Luckily I had a personal cell number of a senior person who could address my anxiety. But even after talking half an hour ago, still the issue isn't solved.
Least RKSV should have immediately broadcasted message in NEST about the issue and it's expected resolution time, so we are not in the dark and helpless.
Hi US_64,

The phone lines are working; you might have been on queue if you had called right after market open. The issue will be solved guys. We have SMS's all clients and also informed all clients over the weekend as well.

And yes, we did broadcast a message over NEST to all clients. Guys, are on this- just try your best to sit tight.

And you also need to mention in the broadcast or SMS that orders can be placed in the web version. This can save us the mental and financial agony, if any.
Hi US_64,

Yes, we sent an SMS, broadcast a message over NEST, and also informed all clients over the weekend as well.

Guys, orders can be placed. This is a broadcast issue, which will get mitigated ASAP. We are working diligently.

I logged in the web version but the market watch rates are static i.e. friday's closing rates are appearing. Can the orders be still placed? Who ever has placed orders and have got execution, friends pls reply.
Hi US_64,

Yes- orders can be placed.

Orders are going through in NEST .. though feed is not there
Hi
Traders get financial loss due to your mistakes..why should they suffer financial loss due to technical problems created by you..In trading, we want zero technical issue..
You should also suffer financial loss due to your mistakes,..then you will be serious & maintain zero error..what about return of all monthly brokerage of clients who have fixed brokerage plan..? & return of complete month brokerage when those technical issue happened..
atleast then you will also suffer financial loss with your loyal customers..& may be this will help you to take technical problemes serioussly..& you may develop a zero error technical infrastructure at least during market hours..
I have other broker accounts also..but they never have this kind of issue..in trade tiger they provide optional server if soem technical problems occur..trading never stops for a minute..here we are sitting infront of screen for last 1 hour..
this is really not done! now you should take responsibility ..because as a broker its your responsibilty to take & execute our orders at any circumstances..this types of mistakes are unbearable by traders
hope you understands
Dear niftytaurus,

We understand the issue that's at hand. As we have stated, this was not expected but we are working diligently to get this resolved ASAP. Orders can be placed, but we are facing broadcast issues.

We broadcast a message over NEST multiple times during the day, starting right after market open. We have SMS's all clients and also notified all clients over the weekend about the migration.

At the end of the day, this was our responsibility. We do understand what our customers go through. If you've been with us, you would understand how much importance we place on customer service and ensuring these issues do not arise. The responsibility does bear with us. The migration we did over the weekend was specifically done to reduce the chances of these types of issue from arising.

Stay put guys. We're working on it.

but who will take risk putting orders on a blind screen
Very true..this is sheer callousness on the part of RKSV...
What the Hell with you RKSV ?

At least you have to intimate your clients before market opening.
Don't forget most of your new customers are routed towards you because
of other brokers pathetic & irresponsible service. If you are also going to be one of them, then your Business's future is not good.....
Hi Raamakant,

This is and was our responsibility. That being said, we sent an SMS to all customers, broadcast a message right after market open, and informed all clients over the weekend. We take customer service very, very seriously. Nothing of this sort has occurred to us in the past.

That being said, we do take responsibility. We are working hard around the clock to get this fixed as soon as possible. You can place orders but cannot receive market data until this get resolved.

Ramakant Bhai
Aapka bhi broker rksv hai kya?
I thought zerodha..zerodha have same problem..so I never dared to trade with them..ab to lagta hai..3-4 broker rakhney hogey..par sab key paas margin jama karayengey to kaam kasiey karengey?
i missed a short in bank nifty
Hi niftytauraus,

Yes we are a broker :) We take customer service extremely seriously. We will get this resolved in a timely manner.

iTrade

I placed a sell order for SUNPHARMA15JUN900CE and it got executed at 25 while I could see 80 as LTP in terminal. I didn't know the terminal had issues and also no SMS or email from RKSV . Is this expected?

Last edited:

XRAY27

Hi XRAY27,

We did not expect any issues at all today. As we have stated, this is quite unprecedented for us- any client of ours who posts here can vouch for that.

We have sent an SMS to all our clients informing them of the situation. Over the weekend, we also notified all our clients that a migration was underway over the weekend. We tend to take these issues very proactively.

Hi US_64,

The phone lines are working; you might have been on queue if you had called right after market open. The issue will be solved guys. We have SMS's all clients and also informed all clients over the weekend as well.

And yes, we did broadcast a message over NEST to all clients. Guys, are on this- just try your best to sit tight.

Hi US_64,

Yes, we sent an SMS, broadcast a message over NEST, and also informed all clients over the weekend as well.

Guys, orders can be placed. This is a broadcast issue, which will get mitigated ASAP. We are working diligently.

Hi US_64,

Yes- orders can be placed.

Dear niftytaurus,

We understand the issue that's at hand. As we have stated, this was not expected but we are working diligently to get this resolved ASAP. Orders can be placed, but we are facing broadcast issues.

We broadcast a message over NEST multiple times during the day, starting right after market open. We have SMS's all clients and also notified all clients over the weekend about the migration.

At the end of the day, this was our responsibility. We do understand what our customers go through. If you've been with us, you would understand how much importance we place on customer service and ensuring these issues do not arise. The responsibility does bear with us. The migration we did over the weekend was specifically done to reduce the chances of these types of issue from arising.

Stay put guys. We're working on it.

Hi Raamakant,

This is and was our responsibility. That being said, we sent an SMS to all customers, broadcast a message right after market open, and informed all clients over the weekend. We take customer service very, very seriously. Nothing of this sort has occurred to us in the past.

That being said, we do take responsibility. We are working hard around the clock to get this fixed as soon as possible. You can place orders but cannot receive market data until this get resolved.

Hi niftytauraus,

Yes we are a broker :) We take customer service extremely seriously. We will get this resolved in a timely manner.
I have not received this SMS if I would have received that..... , anyways resolve the issue at earliest..

Last edited:
Maybe the terminals will now start only tomorrow after 11 am when RBI announces its monterary policy. :lol:
Hi US_64,

It's nice to see you have a sense of humor in this situation! But that being said, we will get this resolved before 11am tomorrow.

In my online trading career of last 13 years, I have faced same problem with Motilal Oswal, LKP, Kotak, Angel and Indiabulls... but never faced such an issue with Sharekhan...hats off to their IT guys..they really maintain it well...
Hi deba72,

We can't comment on other brokers here, but what we can tell you is that we take customer service extremely seriously. We are working around the clock and deeply apologize for inconveniences caused.

Bhai i know its difficult to digest when terminal is dead (price updates) but the bright side is we can still punch in order though it is getting DC and reconnect every 3 min.... Been trading with RKSV since last 2 years, never had any problem.... so may be once in 2 years this kind of technical issue is al-right as long as it is not happening frequently.......
Hi saakk,

Despite of having 2 years of a near flawless record, this is still our responsibility and we take full responsbility for inconveniences caused. As we have stated (and our customers know by now), we take customer service extremely seriously. We are mitigating the problem and will ensure to keep you all posted.

start something like sms service for at least cover / close position orders so that traders are not stuck with positions from yday/previous days.

app will not work as it is just an extension of the platform which itself is down in the first place.
Hi ethan hunt,

For now, you can call our CnT team (extension 2) to ensure that positions that normally would not get squared off, do get squared off.

We will send a mass mailer soon indicating to all clients who want their positions to be squared to reply to the email indicating the same.

Friends I am not talking in favour of the broker, but please understand that as you mentioned that one has to pay (or lose money) for their mistake, then RKSV has already lost money. Their business is brokerage revenue by offering services, they have already lost one hour of brokerage revenue which will not be compensated by any means and by any one. Their fixed overhead remain the same in this lost one hour. Also the goodwill (which is more important than money, atleast in the service oriented industry) is hit which is where it will hurt them the most.
Also most of the traders feel that they would have made a killing only when there is some issue like this. It is like they would have never taken a wrong trade in this lost time. Which is unlikely, on the contrary there could have been traders who would make money just sheerly hold this position compulsarily during this period, which they would have other exited early with lesser profits.
In my opinion we should treat this just like we tread gap openings. We take risk of gaps by holding overnight positions. So we can think this a extend opening time.
My only suggestion to RKSV is they need to immediately communicate this to all their clients. And ideally this should be done premarket opening. E.g. we have successfully done migration/ upgradation OR though the testing has been done, the successful upgradation will be known only after market opening and confirmation would be sent accordingly etc...etc, OR we may face issues after this upgradation/migration and we will keep you informed, OR you can visit this link xxxxxx on our website for latest updates related to this upgradation / migration etc.
They should not treat this issue as if it were a news to them too after the market opened. As this is what it appears to us now. This doesnt reflect professionalism on their part in anyways.
Hi US_64,

You're correct on most your points. That being said, we did broadcast a message right after market open and during various times during the day over NEST, and also SMS's all clients today as well as over the weekend.

We understand that communication with our clients is of the utmost priority. We will communicate with you all with updates from our side

I have both accounts but
I am not comfortable with PI till now
so currently I am trading with RKSV only ....:mad:
Hi Raamakant,

We will keep you updated with updates as soon as they roll in. We apologize for the inconveniences caused to you today but are working very hard to mitigate the issues.

Sakk Bhai
apun ki bhi same eshtoryy hai..sara confidence juta key new month sey bank nifty key sath trading ki tayyari thi..
1 trade bhi nahi leney dina..bohni bhi nahi hui
hi Sakk Bhai,

Sorry to hear about that, but you will definitely be able to start trading Bank Nifty soon. In fact, you can place orders- you just cannot get broadcast/market data at the moment.

We will keep you all updated in a prompt fashion.

deba72

Well well..even after all the apologies..I must say breakdown of services for such a long period is quite unprecedented...Fail to understand why there is no plan B ...

I have not received this SMS if I would have received that anyways resolve the issue at earliest..
Hi XRAY72,

Do you mind send us a PM with your client code? We can verify to see if the SMS went through or not for the number you have provided us.

hi RKSV
on which price should we place orders ?
bina bhaw key kaun sey bhaw par order lagaye?
please enlightn me
Hi niftytaurus,

I you have another data feed, you could reference that and place your orders through RKSV; otherwise, it would be wise to hold off on orders until the broadcast issue gets resolved.

I placed a sell order for SUNPHARMA15JUN900CE and it got executed at 25 while I could see 80 as LTP in terminal. I didn't know the terminal had issues and also no SMS or email from RKSV . Is this expected?
Hi gansal,

Due to the aforementioned broadcast issue, 80 was the rate that was showing at the time; however, the actual rate was 25.

Do you mind send us a PM with your UCC details? We can check to see if we sent an SMS and/or email, since we have not heard of complaints from clients that they did not receive an SMS. Thanks.