cloudTrader

Latest from Us: School Of Stocks (Our Education Initiative)

We've been spending our weekends formulating content and working on this platform. Of course, everyone on @Traderji is already financially aware. In fact, you'll are the most aware crowd IMO. Just making you aware that we are working on the education front as well. Slow and Steady!

Blog post - Introducing School Of Stocks
I hope you guys won't spread yourself out too thin (like you know "who") by trying to do too many things at the same time & losing focus off of your main task, that is, to provide good, stable & glitch-free platforms & a smooth trading-experience.

iTrade

Same here , I liked to trade with them but some major issues are not letting me trade with them.
True that.
Also there are many times when I am not able to update stoploss(move up in the direction of long trade). Its so scary. I had to close the position. See screenshot below. LTP is 134.55 and I am trying to move the cover order stoploss up to 133.3 from its initial value of 131. I have faced this number of times in Fyers One desktop. The platform is only good for indicators. Trades has to be taken with other brokers.

2019-03-05 12_47_20.png

Recently, I decided to have Fyers as my second broker (due to chart-trading in Fyers Web as well as consistently high BO leverage for stock-futures, not to mention, responsive support of @Tejas Khoday here on Traderji) because my other broker has crazy margin-requirements for some stock-futures. Anyway, I've not traded a lot on Fyers Web but when I opened the chart for ZEEL April Future earlier today, I could only see today's couple of candles, which put me off a little (this was even after I'd already refreshed page/chart as I do first thing every morning), so I decided not to trade on Fyers Web today but fortunately, I was able to get an order through with the other broker, otherwise I would have missed out on decent profit shown below. The POINT is that these little issues with a platform can cost a trader a LOT, especially if one is trading F&O. So, my sympathies for everyone who has faced some issue on Fyers Web. It's a very good platform but some issues can leave a trader with a sour taste.

ZEEL.jpeg

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
I hope you guys won't spread yourself out too thin (like you know "who") by trying to do too many things at the same time & losing focus off of your main task, that is, to provide good, stable & glitch-free platforms & a smooth trading-experience.
Was expecting this feedback from some notable @Traderji members who have liked the post :). Not spreading ourselves too think or anything! We've been working on this in the background for a while now. We'll keep your feedback in mind.

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Thanks much @Tejas Khoday !

On a side note, could you have your team look into margin blocking logic (or explain if the same is correct as per below problem).

Suppose i place a sell order on MCX at a higher price than LTP, it gets accepted and goes into working/pending status and margin is blocked as it should . Now still nominal funds are available, so i try to place a buy order at a lower price than LTP for the same qty (as earlier sell order) & funny enough it gets rejected due to insufficient balance. Again if i cancel the earlier pending sell order and place the buy order it gets accepted. For a ranging market it is kind of annoying.
Hi @msmee,

Here's how our System Works
:
  1. Assume that LTP = 100
  2. You placed sell limit order @ 105 and the order is pending.
  3. Assume that the funds blocked = 10
  4. You placed a buy limit order @ 95 and this order is pending as well.
  5. Total Funds blocked for both pending orders = 20 (10 for sell order + 10 for the new buy order)
  6. When one of the order gets executed, the margin blocked will reduce to 10.
How other platforms work:
  1. Assume that LTP = 100
  2. You placed sell limit order @ 105 and the order is pending.
  3. Assume that the funds blocked = 10
  4. You placed a buy limit order @ 95 and this order is pending as well.
  5. Total Funds blocked for both pending orders = 10 (10 for sell order + 0 for the new buy order)
  6. When one of the order gets executed, the margin blocked will remain 10.
Difference: We provide the margin benefit for the counter order (leg 2) once the first leg is traded whereas other platforms automatically assume that the second order is a counter order.