Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
@ Tejas Khoday Sir,

1. Very very impressed to see that FYERS is going to such a deep level to analyse and take risk prevention measures accordingly . Very very possible to make such mistakes (entering the actual price instead of difference value) . On a selfish note, If there is any client specific configuration available to remove this validation or to allow stoploss till 70% instead of 50% (as my trades falls in this range usually), please do let me know.

2. Yes.Trades went through in zerodha for the same price . I didnt noted down the order nos. Will try tomorrow and provide u the order nos if the issue happens again.

3. Thanks a lot. Will send the details separately to u.
Hi @raj98,

1. Thanks for appreciating our efforts. Customizing the risk checks on a client level is not possible. We like to keep things simple.

2. Sure, please do let us know if and when it happens again.

3. Cool.

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
@Tejas Khoday When subscription is free, why create avoidable irritants for clients? Why a client needs to call or email support?
Yes, I understand that it can be an irritant from a client's perspective.

But from a business perspective, it was an effort to put a timeline for free users who never trade but consume our bandwidth. We have given free access without such expirations on the web platform which is what we are currently focused on.

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Can someone please explain what does this ladder mean ?

View attachment 34138

Don't know how to read / interpret this.
Hi @timepass,

It's called a 'Depth Charts'. It allows you to visualize the order book and market depth at each price. It's a graphical representation of the demand for the scrips using price and bid/asks in real-time. It gives you a real-time view of the demand/supply.

Sample reading: The tallest point in buy side is where the maximum depth is and so on.

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
a "for dummies" lesson please. What does the above picture tell you ?
  1. Firstly, the Depth Charts are real-time.
  2. It shows you the demand/supply for the scrip as the price changes.
  3. It helps you to understand how the order book is changing.
  4. You can use it to place orders at prices where the execution will be relatively better (Since it is FIFO).
  5. Ideally, Level 3 data or full order book is very useful for analyzing Depth Charts.
Hope this helps.