Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Placed orders to sell BOB @134.6 to 135.1, target 50 paisa, stoploss 60 paisa. 4 orders got filled and sold, then the target got hit in 1-2, but the DOM still showed the green signal at the price point.

Has happened earlier too. Need to refresh too often.

Also, it doesn't sync well with Fyers One, as if they are from different databases.

So far I am not finding Fyers platforms very conducive for quickies.
Our team will call you today.

Hi @msmee,

Here's how our System Works:
  1. Assume that LTP = 100
  2. You placed sell limit order @ 105 and the order is pending.
  3. Assume that the funds blocked = 10
  4. You placed a buy limit order @ 95 and this order is pending as well.
  5. Total Funds blocked for both pending orders = 20 (10 for sell order + 10 for the new buy order)
  6. When one of the order gets executed, the margin blocked will reduce to 10.
How other platforms work:
  1. Assume that LTP = 100
  5. Total Funds blocked for both pending orders = 10 (10 for sell order + 0 for the new buy order)
  6. When one of the order gets executed, the margin blocked will remain 10.
Difference: We provide the margin benefit for the counter order (leg 2) once the first leg is traded whereas other platforms automatically assume that the second order is a counter order.
Thanks for explaining honestly and in detail @Tejas Khoday .

Any particular reason why you would like to keep it this way or are there plans to change the logic to like everyone else's? I would assume that if someone wanted to reverse their position, that would also block double margin and that is really strange.

Hi @Tejas Khoday,

Thanks for providing one of the best web trading platforms with the unique & vertical DOM. I must admit that i used to prefer desktop trading applications but your web platform being fantastic as it is, i hardly log into Fyers One. However, a few info are seriously missed in the web platform. I request you to kindly show

i) Cumulative Volume
ii) OI
iii) ATP
iv) Bid / Ask ratio (total bid & total ask)

of the selected scrip. These are quite important for an active trader and there is no way to access them in the web platform (perhaps except for the cumulative volume which we can get by selecting daily chart). It would be great if you could add these to the "Details" sub window in the bottom right corner.

Thanks & regards.

Do not you think your system's implementation is fundamentally flawed. Placing both buy and sell orders is actually reducing your risk but still you want users to give twice the margin? This scenario is nothing but a manual CO order.

Hi @msmee,

Here's how our System Works:
  1. Assume that LTP = 100
  5. Total Funds blocked for both pending orders = 20 (10 for sell order + 10 for the new buy order)
  6. When one of the order gets executed, the margin blocked will reduce to 10.
How other platforms work:
  1. Assume that LTP = 100
  5. Total Funds blocked for both pending orders = 10 (10 for sell order + 0 for the new buy order)
  6. When one of the order gets executed, the margin blocked will remain 10.
Difference: We provide the margin benefit for the counter order (leg 2) once the first leg is traded whereas other platforms automatically assume that the second order is a counter order.

Hi @Tejas Khoday,

Thanks for providing one of the best web trading platforms with the unique & vertical DOM. I must admit that i used to prefer desktop trading applications but your web platform being fantastic as it is, i hardly log into Fyers One. However, a few info are seriously missed in the web platform. I request you to kindly show

i) Cumulative Volume
ii) OI
iii) ATP
iv) Bid / Ask ratio (total bid & total ask)

of the selected scrip. These are quite important for an active trader and there is no way to access them in the web platform (perhaps except for the cumulative volume which we can get by selecting daily chart). It would be great if you could add these to the "Details" sub window in the bottom right corner.

Thanks & regards.
Yeah. These could replace the "Depth Ladder".

Hello @msmee and @Raj232 ,

A. The client places an order to buy 2 Quantities of XYZ at ₹100 with a Target of 105 & SL of 98.
B. This order is received by the broker and is sent to the exchange for execution (Leg-1).
C. The order is partially executed as only 1 quantity is purchased at ₹100. Since Leg-1 is partially executed, the broker's platform then places a target order at 105 & SL at 98 for that 1 quantity. These orders are placed in the exchange's order book.
D. After some time, the pending quantity of 1 gets executed too. The brokerage platform then places a new Target order at 105 and SL at 98. So now, there are multiple orders Targets & SLs on the exchange order book.
E. Let's say your target is hit at 105. In this case, since your order was entered in 2 parts, we had to place 2 target orders too. So in this case, when the price hits 105, your orders will get executed in the way it was entered. The orders are not modified for your own safety and to prevent any failures arising out modification errors.

A few days ago, in response to @Raj232, you'd said that the reason there are multiple SLs & TPs on Bracket Orders is because the entry-order is partially executed but today, my entry-order of two lots was seemingly executed in one shot given that there's only one Order ID, Exchange ID & time-stamp, & yet, there were two SL's & TP's, & I presume brokerage will be charged twice on the exit order. What is your take on this?

Fyers BO.jpg