The condition of Indian traders is tragic. No broker has the combination of saving features:
  • Charts are good in Fyers, and entry, exit etc can be seen onscreen, but funds are not in single account (separate for MCX and NSE). Platform is problematic sometimes, especially mobile.
  • Zerodha has more reliable platform-mobile and pc- but no single account. Charts also problematic.
  • TradeJini has single account but no proper charts. PC platform is very inconvenient and mobile often times does not respond.
  • Samco has solid mobile platform, but no proper charts on mobile and pc. Also intraday data is fewer duration only one day when I last checked. No single account.
  • Sharekhan apps are too heavy, no single account.
  • Angel broking is said to have single account. Haven't/couldn't try simply because it seems so difficult to get commodity account with them.

Last edited:
The 30 day challenge page says that the challenge was unsuccessful, even though, as can be seen in the ledger, from 12 June to 24 July, there were only 2 trading days, one of them 2651.33 profit & the other 463.91 loss, so overall, I was in profit for the challenge period but the challenge says otherwise. If they can't get the challenge P&L right for 2-3 trades taken during the challenge period, I can't imagine how often they'd be wrong if there were dozens or hundreds of trades during the period. :(

Fyers Challenge.png

Fyers Backoffice.jpeg

Further, this is not the first time this has happened to me. It's happened before & I posted about it on this thread last year & was ignored - https://www.traderji.com/community/threads/fyers.105097/post-1295854
I didn't care to pursue the matter then since it was also a very small refund but the fact that Fyers can't get such simple things right is troubling.

@Tejas Khoday visits here often & seems sincere in his efforts but I'd have to say that his team doesn't seem to be on top of their game.

The 30 day challenge page says that the challenge was unsuccessful, even though, as can be seen in the ledger, from 12 June to 24 July, there were only 2 trading days, one of them 2651.33 profit & the other 463.91 loss, so overall, I was in profit for the challenge period but the challenge says otherwise. If they can't get the challenge P&L right for 2-3 trades taken during the challenge period, I can't imagine how often they'd be wrong if there were dozens or hundreds of trades during the period. :(

View attachment 37219

View attachment 37220

Further, this is not the first time this has happened to me. It's happened before & I posted about it on this thread last year & was ignored - https://www.traderji.com/community/threads/fyers.105097/post-1295854
I didn't care to pursue the matter then since it was also a very small refund but the fact that Fyers can't get such simple things right is troubling.

@Tejas Khoday visits here often & seems sincere in his efforts but I'd have to say that his team doesn't seem to be on top of their game.
Hi @Newbie Day-Trader,

We request you to kindly raise a ticket or provide us with the ticket number to escalate this to concern team, we will review this and update you at earliest.
Thanks!

The condition of Indian traders is tragic. No broker has the combination of saving features:
  • Charts are good in Fyers, and entry, exit etc can be seen onscreen, but funds are not in single account (separate for MCX and NSE). Platform is problematic sometimes, especially mobile. Eg finding order rejection reason as in my above post.
  • Zerodha has more reliable platform-mobile and pc- but no single account. Charts also problematic.
  • TradeJini has single account but no proper charts. PC platform is very inconvenient and mobile often times does not respond.
  • Samco has solid mobile platform, but no proper charts on mobile and pc. Also intraday data is fewer duration only one day when I last checked. No single account.
  • Sharekhan apps are too heavy, no single account.
  • Angel broking is said to have single account. Haven't/couldn't try simply because it seems so difficult to get commodity account with them. Like a govt office. Their customer service leaves a lot to be desired.
The condition of Indian traders has improved significantly. When some of us first started trading the only platform available was NOW, which was robust for execution but did not have much of anything else, the charts available were simple line charts that's it, no indicators, no tools etc. There was TAME in the later times but the extent of its use was limited, the charts had to be manually refreshed, the extent of indicators were limited to RSI MFI DPO MACD MA just the basic stuff and this was on the days it worked, there were many other days when it simply refused to load. so all charting needs had to be satisfied with 3rd party vendors and most them were horrendously expensive.Then we got access to NEST and whether it was a step up or down I do not know. The charts would be stuck in some candle and you had to re-log in every time that happened which meant you were re-logging anywhere between 10-15 times a day for the active traders. There were days when logging into the platform required multiple tries, my personal record was 8. Then for no reason whatsoever the green light(used to show that the platform was online) would turn red and then you go through the tiresome login process again. We did not have access to BO or CO and the list goes on and on. Then Zerodha came up with PI and it was definitely a step up it looked good but it did not address any of the issues of the previous platforms completely and soon people were facing problems with the charts and order execution and of course the log-in problems. Then they had kite which was another bag of worms, take a look at the zerodha forum or tradingqna about Kite and you will know the extent of the problems the user faced.
My point is that there are good people here trying to do a good job and bring us products that are world class. TV is by far the most stable platform I have used in a long time and there are issues, sure every platform will have issues. But they have fixed it promptly. And give me another example where you have a direct channel to the CEO of a company. Tejas is as proactive as it gets. Sure there are things that need to be added to the platform but it will take time. The common attitude of " I want this and I want it now" is not constructive. You were willing to deride the platform without examining the extent of its functionality. And I am not singling you out. But its become a common theme here. Even the smallest of problems attract the strongest of reactions ranging from I have stopped trading with this broker to making unhealthy criticism of it. Just take it easy take the time to examine whats at hand. try to work around it or adapt to it that will just make you better. Not everything in this world can be handcrafted to suit personal needs.

The condition of Indian traders has improved significantly. When some of us first started trading the only platform available was NOW, which was robust for execution but did not have much of anything else, the charts available were simple line charts that's it, no indicators, no tools etc. There was TAME in the later times but the extent of its use was limited, the charts had to be manually refreshed, the extent of indicators were limited to RSI MFI DPO MACD MA just the basic stuff and this was on the days it worked, there were many other days when it simply refused to load. so all charting needs had to be satisfied with 3rd party vendors and most them were horrendously expensive.Then we got access to NEST and whether it was a step up or down I do not know. The charts would be stuck in some candle and you had to re-log in every time that happened which meant you were re-logging anywhere between 10-15 times a day for the active traders. There were days when logging into the platform required multiple tries, my personal record was 8. Then for no reason whatsoever the green light(used to show that the platform was online) would turn red and then you go through the tiresome login process again. We did not have access to BO or CO and the list goes on and on. Then Zerodha came up with PI and it was definitely a step up it looked good but it did not address any of the issues of the previous platforms completely and soon people were facing problems with the charts and order execution and of course the log-in problems. Then they had kite which was another bag of worms, take a look at the zerodha forum or tradingqna about Kite and you will know the extent of the problems the user faced.
My point is that there are good people here trying to do a good job and bring us products that are world class. TV is by far the most stable platform I have used in a long time and there are issues, sure every platform will have issues. But they have fixed it promptly. And give me another example where you have a direct channel to the CEO of a company. Tejas is as proactive as it gets. Sure there are things that need to be added to the platform but it will take time. The common attitude of " I want this and I want it now" is not constructive. You were willing to deride the platform without examining the extent of its functionality. And I am not singling you out. But its become a common theme here. Even the smallest of problems attract the strongest of reactions ranging from I have stopped trading with this broker to making unhealthy criticism of it. Just take it easy take the time to examine whats at hand. try to work around it or adapt to it that will just make you better. Not everything in this world can be handcrafted to suit personal needs.
Agree.. The condition has improved a lot . But there is a problem . Its basically our Human nature. What We get becomes a Standard and we forget what we already have (Myself guilty of it too :) ) Its similar to having 4G and still complaining and forgetting that once we are not happy with 2G too and complained when we had "E" on our Signal on Phone. It changed to "H+" and now "4G" but We still feel its not sufficient. Need for More Features will always be there and it will come out as either constructive and negative criticism. That's what is heard and that's what is Discussed in meetings and forums ( I guess) and someone picks it up and implements it .. Ok Enough Philosophy ;) . But Yes, There is still a need for improvement and we need to Keep Developers busy.. Right ?

I'm not favoring any broker.
Thanks for sharing your views and experience.
Btw what is TV.