pannet1

Yes, what is your profession @pannet1?
short story:
i am neither a trader nor a programmer now.

long story:
2 decades ago whenever i was having a computer, i liked to automate my problems on hand. it started with ms access, VB and then PHP, MQL and of late Python. Early on, i had to cut short my education due to family situations. i still pursued BCA from open university, so had to study C and C++.

In between, I was also introduced to exciting world of markets by one of my friend. i have tried almost everything i can put my hands on to (and those i can't too), with very little success.

so now i am just an investor and someone is managing my little money.

NOTE: the narrative in my previous post was basically my experience with Kite API when i tried to consume it with PHP server side script.

bpr

I will reach out for more feedback in separate posts. The responses are assuming it has all the features users are looking for. @bpr, have you used any platform for screening + backtesting? If you have extensive experience in this area, do let me know. We will reach out to you for more detailed feedback in the future for comparisons and whatnot.
I do have experience with wide variety of platforms. Happy to help whatever way I can.

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Why order modifications are slow in Fyers Web? Placing orders are good. But whenever I modify orders it takes a while.

I was very excited when I opened my account almost a year ago. But after that it never became my primary trading account.
i) I was looking for some specific features of NEST trader (feature requested a year ago) , which is not provided by Fyers Web or One.

ii) RMS policy of fyers. Some volatile stocks are blocked for intraday trades. Shorting is also blocked on such stocks. If stock is risky by the standard of RMS team, then at least allow us to trade on that. I wouldn't mind blocking full 1x margin for such scripts. But blocking altogether is a wasted opportunity for me.

However charting is very good in Fyers Web.
Hi @neo.mx,

1. Our platform has a come a long way since the last one year. Please try trading again on Fyers Web. You will most certainly feel a big difference. Which features of NEST trader? Let me know so I can give my comments.

2. We have blocked a few scrips because the volatility and movement in them can exceed the margin requirements very easily. As on date, we have only blocked only 9 of the 200+ stocks (Click here to get the list) which have equity derivatives and for very real reasons. I will give you a brief explanation on why we did this.

A. PC Jewellers - After the Nirav Modi scam broke out this year, the stock has fallen more than 80% since 1st January 2018! After the market discovered that there was an issue with the disclosures by the company's management, On 2nd Feb 2018 alone, there was a 55% movement! This stock doesn't deserve to be in the F&O segment according to our risk management team and could pose big risks to us as a broker. Right now the contract value has reduced substantially so we could consider re-enabling it.

B. BPCL, GAIL, HPCL, IOC, ONGC - A random announcement by Arun Jaitley that the oil firms will have to absorb a 1 rupee fuel price reduction on October 4th led to an immediate sell-off to such an extent that the SPAN + Exposure Margins of derivative positions of traders were exceeded in barely 10 minutes (Overnight positions). Since we provide Intraday leverage of 3x, the margin of safety is approximately 5%. The next day, these stocks gapped down by more than 10% and ended the day lower by another 15%. In such circumstances, we have no choice but to reduce remove leverage from such stocks altogether. If other brokers haven't done it, then their risk management policies are questionable.

C. Indiabulls Housing Finance & Ujjivan - After there was a panic sell-off from DSP mutual fund's debt scheme, the market thrashed DHFL, Indiabulls and many other NBFCs including Bajaj FInance. The nature of the sell-off was extreme as DHFL crashed by more than 50% and Indiabulls had a 25% movement that day with huge volatility in the coming days. Ujjivan Finance was blocked for other reasons.

You may have looked at it as a wasted opportunity, but if you look at it from the above perspective it made sense to do it. Please note that we block and unblock based on our perception of the upcoming risks.