pannet1

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Those posts about the speed of execution concern me. It could be detrimental to the scalpers. I often have 2-3 tick target bracket orders where both the legs get completed within the same second.

Fyers doesn't provide NEST, does it ?
1-3 tick targets for Bracket orders are not good for execution. There are times when both the target and stop loss can get hit at the same time. How can this happen? Let's say you are long and the Target selling price gets triggered and executed and before the system can remove your stop loss. If the stop loss gets triggered before it can be removed, you will end up with a net short position. All of this can happen within 50-100 milliseconds which is faster than the time it can take to connect to the exchange via leased lines when it is slow.

There are some complaints about FYERS trading terminal, today someone said order was executed and was still showing as pending order in order window.These things shake traders confidence and these should be addressed with all seriousness. Just growing at 15 % or 25 % is meaningless if the infrastructure does not get updated to handle larger volumes.....I have 2 accounts with FYERS but I am not very confident trading on it..one really wonders whether it is worth it trading with discount brokers.Take it in positive way,we must feel confident about FYERS....

Another suggestion is keep some dedicated numbers only for call and trade and square off positions in case of emergency .These numbers will go through a separate board and not through normal telephone board and these will be ONLY for emergency square off and not for solving other issues....treat them as emergency lines .

Hope you learn from Z and not go the same way.....

Smart_trade

1-3 tick targets for Bracket orders are not good for execution. There are times when both the target and stop loss can get hit at the same time. How can this happen? Let's say you are long and the Target selling price gets triggered and executed and before the system can remove your stop loss. If the stop loss gets triggered before it can be removed, you will end up with a net short position. All of this can happen within 50-100 milliseconds which is faster than the time it can take to connect to the exchange via leased lines when it is slow.
So, what can be done to facilitate this ?

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
There are some complaints about FYERS trading terminal, today someone said order was executed and was still showing as pending order in order window.These things shake traders confidence and these should be addressed with all seriousness. Just growing at 15 % or 25 % is meaningless if the infrastructure does not get updated to handle larger volumes.....I have 2 accounts with FYERS but I am not very confident trading on it..one really wonders whether it is worth it trading with discount brokers.Take it in positive way,we must feel confident about FYERS....

Another suggestion is keep some dedicated numbers only for call and trade and square off positions in case of emergency .These numbers will go through a separate board and not through normal telephone board and these will be ONLY for emergency square off and not for solving other issues....treat them as emergency lines .

Hope you learn from Z and not go the same way.....

Smart_trade
Hi @Smart_trade, If this happened on FYERS Web, one needs to refresh the trading details from the settings window in the dashboard or reload the page. As soon as there is another request from the user's end, the platform shows the updated positions. If your friend has written a mail to [email protected] our team will help resolve/clarify it. Our main focus is on order execution. We are planning the next scale-up and I know the reliability of order execution is the most important thing. That's why we don't launch features randomly or take brash decisions. If you noticed, we launched Bracket Orders for F&O after a lot of testing much after we did it for equities segment. In our business, it pays to have a conservative approach. So far, we have been able to deal with stuff efficiently. Your feedback is valuable to us. Yes, it makes sense to have a separate extension number or a board line just for Call & Trade. We'll make this adjustment soon.

Thanks for taking the time out and give your suggestions.!