Riskyman

Increase the gap between the target and stop loss orders within the bracket order.
That calls for user discretion, sure to lead to contention at some time or the other. Maybe it could be done programmatically ? Like a spread or something. Maybe included in the order validation.
Yes, we'll figure it out. The thing is that all scrips have different absolute values and a fixed spread is not feasible.
Maybe something %wise, or slabs (price Rs. 0-50, 50.05-100 etc..). The validation procedure could absolve the broker, and be a first in the market with such a facility :D
We're working on it. Thanks for your suggestions. We're also working on a mechanism to deal with partially executed Bracket Orders. This is a very real issue and I wonder how some other brokers are so complacent about the order execution failures/partial order execution. Perhaps because they can't change anything about it.
Tejas, I have faced this issue while trading on Fyers web platform. Sometimes, when I put Stop limit orders, I get only a partial fill. There is no facility on fyers to place a Stop limit market order. This is especially handy in volatile markets when a traders want to Buy/sell at market to cut his loss quickly or enter a position. Kindly consider introducing SL-M orders.

pannet1

Tejas, That "friend" in question is me!!! Writing to your support team "after the fact" is of no use. Therefore, I didn't even bother to complain to you or your team.

Yesterday, Friday 2-11-2018, I placed a Stop limit sell order. A few minutes later price made it to my trigger line and pulled back sharply. My stop limit sell order still sat on the screen due to which I assumed my order didnt trigger. There were no pop ups etc of any kind.(How else would I know??) I checked the dash board where the order status said "working". So, I left the order as is to trigger and went about placing another Stop limit sell on another stock. After waiting 2-3 minutes, price came to my trigger line on the second stock and snapped back up like in the first instance. My un-executed order sat on the screen. I checked the dashboard and it said "working". So, at this time it showed 2 orders pending. Finally after some 15-20 minutes I canceled the orders.To my shock, when I tried to cancel the orders I got pop ups saying the orders couldnt be canceled as it was already executed.

The orders had been executed at my prices 15-20 minutes ago but they had not been updated. In those 15-20 minutes price had moved against me (but thankfully fell back down below my sell levels in my favor). I had no way of knowing that the orders were executed. There were no pop ups nothing!! There was no question of a putting in a stop loss when the platform tells you yours trades have not been executed. Friday was a big bullish day and I dread to think how badly I could have been FYERied if those 2 positions rallied 3-4% against me. It is not my job to keep refreshing the page. Its the platform's job to tell me when an order is executed. Isn't it?

I have previously brought this issue to your notice about the painfully slow order execution/modification on the Fyers web platform. I read in your recent comments to other user here that the latency was due to some issues with Bharti Airtel lease lines. Really? That should not be an excuse at all. You don't have a back up lease line? I am really not sure what the thinking here is. Why is it so tough to get very simple basic things done from your tech team right? Some day its the internet, on some its a computer problem, on others its something else. Traders cannot be at the mercy of all these excuses. You guys have to get your act right very quickly or guys like me who faced problems 3-4 times will simply stop trading on Fyers.

Having seen your interactions here with traders, I can only judge that your intentions are very good and noble. Thats probably the only reason why I continued to trade on Fyers web despite the initial 1-2 not-so-pleasant experiences. I appreciate your time here. The fyers web platform, its interface etc is inherently very good. However, its too far from being reliable and efficient at this point. Please consider serious upgrades, backup servers, lease lines ( or moving your entire tech resources to Mumbai. The lease line providers in Mumbai are very reliable:) ). I simply cannot believe that in the IT capital of our country there are no reliable ISPs.
The refresh problems are often the case with server side scirpts/languarges like PHP, Python ... because the workflow is like this.

1) client (browser) sends an order
2) it gets updated in the fyers RMS and is immediately processed transparently to the exchange server.
3) now if the order is not a market order the FYERS RMS and inturn the client (our browser) does not know when that order got filled
... unless and until the exchange server let it know about it.

there should be a mechanism for the client to know immediately when an order is filled. when there are many layers of software/languages/vendor between the exchange and the web client, there is bound to be problem. this is also the reason why javascript shines because it could do what a server side language/script could do and yet its the king of client side (since netscape time). no server side language could do what its able to do (being in the client side).

just my few paise. please ignore if irrelevant.

cloudTrader

Hello TJ Members,

I'm running a survey on Twitter. Kindly participate and let me know what you think -
I am not on Twitter so casting my vote here only. What I get from the question is that you are referring to Fox Trader , so my vote will be
I am not much interested in such a platform as although I would like to Vote for option 1 and discard the other two options outright but not being a very tech savvy person the features of that platform are useful in a very limited way to me as far as its pricing is concerned.

PS: Adding some more features to Fyers One can make it much more powerful.

Riskyman

The refresh problems are often the case with server side scirpts/languarges like PHP, Python ... because the workflow is like this.

1) client (browser) sends an order
2) it gets updated in the fyers RMS and is immediately processed transparently to the exchange server.
3) now if the order is not a market order the FYERS RMS and inturn the client (our browser) does not know when that order got filled
... unless and until the exchange server let it know about it.

there should be a mechanism for the client to know immediately when an order is filled. when there are many layers of software/languages/vendor between the exchange and the web client, there is bound to be problem. this is also the reason why javascript shines because it could do what a server side language/script could do and yet its the king of client side (since netscape time). no server side language could do what its able to do (being in the client side).

just my few paise. please ignore if irrelevant.
Thanks for explaining the flow.
Hope "FRYERS" will take note of it !!

pannet1

Hello TJ Members,

I'm running a survey on Twitter. Kindly participate and let me know what you think -
some points

1) the backtesting option is very much lacking in the indian stock market.
2) the problem is quality intraday data.
3) system trader are already successful they dont back test again ... because they did it already
4) mechanical traders will never care to backtest.
5) if someone is really willing to take all the pain then the famous quote (past performance is not indicative of future .. blah blah blah) put them off
6) tech savvy users are very small percentage of the trader communities (you will get an idea from z developer forum)

wisedome reimburses the data vendor payment. i think they get a discount from datavendor ... dont know how that works. so you allow users to freely select the data source and then map it to your backtesting tool ... so you will have less queries to handle. if there is nan annual fee for FYERS brokerage, then you should collect it upfront.

the backtesting tool should be free and should be available in the Fyers one (not in web client) for free. the backtesting tool should be able to act as an algo and put realtime trades if client signs up. you could charge additional (api) fee for this

D.Hatkar

Never stop learning.

bpr

Hello TJ Members,

Short answer your survey is flawed ...Not enough info to answer properly
You need to give us the exact platform name before collecting comments otherwise the answer will get does not make sense
Screening n backtesting is present in every platform that does not make it a success..
E.g Pi platform has screening and backtesting ...Do you thing anybody uses it ...Many platform have it just to tick a feature ...
Even if a platform has all features you cannot just say it is a hit ... how the features are implemented ? is it usable ? how is the UI ? how is the speed/responsiveness? how is the integration ? there are many many things ...
Besides Traders personal taste vary widely .. a single platform that fits into all traders need is rare..

most of the platforms out their is crap..
just my two cents ...

There are some complaints about FYERS trading terminal, today someone said order was executed and was still showing as pending order in order window.These things shake traders confidence and these should be addressed with all seriousness. Just growing at 15 % or 25 % is meaningless if the infrastructure does not get updated to handle larger volumes.....I have 2 accounts with FYERS but I am not very confident trading on it..one really wonders whether it is worth it trading with discount brokers.Take it in positive way,we must feel confident about FYERS....

Another suggestion is keep some dedicated numbers only for call and trade and square off positions in case of emergency .These numbers will go through a separate board and not through normal telephone board and these will be ONLY for emergency square off and not for solving other issues....treat them as emergency lines .

Hope you learn from Z and not go the same way.....

Smart_trade
Tejas, That "friend" in question is me!!! Writing to your support team "after the fact" is of no use. Therefore, I didn't even bother to complain to you or your team.

Yesterday, Friday 2-11-2018, I placed a Stop limit sell order. A few minutes later price made it to my trigger line and pulled back sharply. My stop limit sell order still sat on the screen due to which I assumed my order didnt trigger. There were no pop ups etc of any kind.(How else would I know??) I checked the dash board where the order status said "working". So, I left the order as is to trigger and went about placing another Stop limit sell on another stock. After waiting 2-3 minutes, price came to my trigger line on the second stock and snapped back up like in the first instance. My un-executed order sat on the screen. I checked the dashboard and it said "working". So, at this time it showed 2 orders pending. Finally after some 15-20 minutes I canceled the orders.To my shock, when I tried to cancel the orders I got pop ups saying the orders couldnt be canceled as it was already executed.

The orders had been executed at my prices 15-20 minutes ago but they had not been updated. In those 15-20 minutes price had moved against me (but thankfully fell back down below my sell levels in my favor). I had no way of knowing that the orders were executed. There were no pop ups nothing!! There was no question of a putting in a stop loss when the platform tells you yours trades have not been executed. Friday was a big bullish day and I dread to think how badly I could have been FYERied if those 2 positions rallied 3-4% against me. It is not my job to keep refreshing the page. Its the platform's job to tell me when an order is executed. Isn't it?

I have previously brought this issue to your notice about the painfully slow order execution/modification on the Fyers web platform. I read in your recent comments to other user here that the latency was due to some issues with Bharti Airtel lease lines. Really? That should not be an excuse at all. You don't have a back up lease line? I am really not sure what the thinking here is. Why is it so tough to get very simple basic things done from your tech team right? Some day its the internet, on some its a computer problem, on others its something else. Traders cannot be at the mercy of all these excuses. You guys have to get your act right very quickly or guys like me who faced problems 3-4 times will simply stop trading on Fyers.

Having seen your interactions here with traders, I can only judge that your intentions are very good and noble. Thats probably the only reason why I continued to trade on Fyers web despite the initial 1-2 not-so-pleasant experiences. I appreciate your time here. The fyers web platform, its interface etc is inherently very good. However, its too far from being reliable and efficient at this point. Please consider serious upgrades, backup servers, lease lines ( or moving your entire tech resources to Mumbai. The lease line providers in Mumbai are very reliable:) ). I simply cannot believe that in the IT capital of our country there are no reliable ISPs.
Totally agree with both on so many things.

I've been following Fyers' developement for a long time because I liked the Tradingview interface & 30-day-challenge is nice but months ago, when I tried to give it a go, within a couple of weeks, I faced all sorts of issues, like lack of order-updation (as rightly said by @Riskyman , should NOT be traders' responsibility but that of the platform, to let us know when orders execute), line failures & what not. Still hoping that things will improve but seeing the same continuing issues doesn't instill much confidence. I could be wrong but I think its something about Banglalore, which is why even Z regularly keeps having issues, so while I don't understand the intricacies of brokerage-business but the suggestion to move your tech resources to Mumbai might be useful in that respect, if at all feasible.

Totally agree with both on so many things.

I've been following Fyers' developement for a long time because I liked the Tradingview interface & 30-day-challenge is nice but months ago, when I tried to give it a go, within a couple of weeks, I faced all sorts of issues, like lack of order-updation (as rightly said by @Riskyman , should NOT be traders' responsibility but that of the platform, to let us know when orders execute), line failures & what not. Still hoping that things will improve but seeing the same continuing issues doesn't instill much confidence. I could be wrong but I think its something about Banglalore, which is why even Z regularly keeps having issues, so while I don't understand the intricacies of brokerage-business but the suggestion to move your tech resources to Mumbai might be useful in that respect, if at all feasible.
I think that all their business computers are installed in Mumbai near NSE (something about co-location). The city is not the point.

Give them room to grow their infrastructure.