pannet1

@pannet1, The traditional players and institutional investors who I know personally, think that it is complete lunacy. Right now, I'm pondering over the economics of my effort on Traderji! :)
Way to go. I think we are going to miss you soon.

@pannet1, Yes, economics drives our decision-making too. We'll see how we can accommodate MetaTrader in our product offering. It has to be feasible to be able to support the users who are on it. You see, our business is a game of wafer-thin margins. We do a lot of work to earn a maximum of ₹20/- per trade. The traditional players and institutional investors who I know personally, think that it is complete lunacy. Right now, I'm pondering over the economics of my effort on Traderji! :) Any idea how many active users there are out here?

The moderators should know best?
@timepass
Are your growth expectations realistic? Obviously, you'd know these things better than me but Z was very active on Traderji since 2010 until at least 2016-17, after which they seemed to be losing interest, so obviously, they thought it was worth the effort for all of those years, & it's only within the last couple of years that their user-base has exploded, whereby they felt that they didn't need to be on Traderji any more. Moreover, when they entered the business, the field of discount-brokerage was pretty thin whereas Fyers has entered a very crowded field rife with a lot of discount-brokers, with some even offering completely free trading, so your growth is likely going to be much harder than Z. Just my two cents.

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
i think there is a difference here. i believe you should not be responsible for MT5 hiccups or you just should be able to pass on the buck to BSE or Meta (company). Otherwise it's not worth the effort. The main advantage is apart from standard indicators everything else can be added by users and you will not be responsible for it. But the fact that NSE did not embrace is a big let off.

this is contrary to trading view, where you are directly answerable for the trading platform woes to Fyers users.
If the third-party platforms are not functioning properly, it becomes a liability for the broker as clients will blame us for all the hiccups. To pass on the buck to the software vendor is easier said than done. To them, the broker/exchange is the client and not the end user. In my experience, they barely give a shit about the end user. That's why we focus on technology so that we can influence the user experience to a large extent. Providing support for a product is an expensive affair if one has to do it properly and allocate resources.

Are your growth expectations realistic? Obviously, you'd know these things better than me but Z was very active on Traderji since 2010 until at least 2016-17, after which they seemed to be losing interest, so obviously, they thought it was worth the effort for all of those years, & it's only within the last couple of years that their user-base has exploded, whereby they felt that they didn't need to be on Traderji any more. Moreover, when they entered the business, the field of discount-brokerage was pretty thin whereas Fyers has entered a very crowded field rife with a lot of discount-brokers, with some even offering completely free trading, so your growth is likely going to be much harder than Z. Just my two cents.
Yes... That is true. But the people who fed up with z will be the source. If fyers do best on the customer service part, they will get lot of customer easily from zerodha as now a days they (z) don't bother about the technical issues customer faced.

Sent from my M5_lite using Tapatalk

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
@Tejas Khoday Why don't you start your own forum on Fyers website? Just checked online and your website is rocking.
Thanks for your suggestions, but no thanks. We have other things on our plate right now! Creating a forum with traction like Traderji requires a lot of dedicated effort from a full-blown team who know what they are talking about. It's certainly not a walk in the park. TJ members, what do you think?

Thanks for your suggestions, but no thanks. We have other things on our plate right now! Creating a forum with traction like Traderji requires a lot of dedicated effort from a full-blown team who know what they are talking about. It's certainly not a walk in the park. TJ members, what do you think?
Some day, you will surely have a community on your website. I suppose you already have a mini version at present. It's a part of growing process. You have to decide when you want that non-revenue producing headache :D

pannet1

Fyers need to bring in new customers somehow. If that is the motivation, then Traderji is the good choice. Having a forum in Fyers means that the user already is aware of Fyers and by reading forums they dont see the good things ... they only see complaints. But people can always read between the lines and see how fast things are resolved. But i think its like keeping butter on cranes head to catch it (after butter melts ...it cannot see)

I am just wondering how india's first discount broker can sustain the momentum so far. copy cat broker could not do well, disruptive broker cannot do well. There is free brokerage one that is also not capable of toppling the numero one. there is so much complaint against the india's first discount broker, but is that because of the volumes or really they are bad. I think the former shoud be right.

What should FYERS do to become India second best for now.