Realtime Stock Quotes

S

sunyhyd

Yestreday, i formatted my system and reinstalled it, Manishrt.exe shows the quotes(the rates are changing) but it doesnot update the amibroker not even the backfill or history, can u pls help me in this.
thanks
subha.
Kindly follow the video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74ZStrJIRrs
for setting up Amibroker and database. Let me know if you are still facing issues. Kindly join ManshiRT yahoo group for such issues.

Thank you for your suppor

sub2501

thanks, the problem was not in setting, actually this time i kept the data in other drive rather than in c/programfiles/amibroker.
after i changed the data from "d" drive to c it is working as it was.
thanks MAN!

:D What abt ur odin project???????? waiting for- eagerly...........:D

Are u thinking to add PIB in ur Einstein - u call it MANISHRT but i think its no less than "einstein" Brilliant of all the softwares ever found.

Last edited:

sub2501

Hi,
1st of all, thanks for the wonderful software- ManishRT,

well I dont have much knowledge abt software, Ive an a/c with icici and is provided Traderacer (tr) for trading --- TradeRacer (TR) is an exe based trading platform designed by Asian CERC Technologies ltd & named it as MarketPulse/tradeanywhere, now when I login to my icici a/c using TR, it connects to the server of icici or nse(not known to me) and fetches quotes in real-time streaming on my desktop based exe(TR) for trading. One more thing the intraday quotes are saved in the server atleast upto 7 PM as far I know and have found.

Now my point is that, Is it not possible to create a plugin which mutually logsin/ send requests to the server of icici as soon as I login with my TR a/c & password and fetches the quotes from the server in realtime (as ManishRT fetches from yah0/g00g or esignal does).

I want to say that whomsoever the broker be, each provides a trading platform (.exe based), may be TTADV, PIB, ODIN OR DIETODIN- - - - one thing common in every trading platform is that they fetches quotes from the server to the platform to trade in realtime, so the plugin would be compitable to the software and it hits the server without any issue, the only thing Im saying is that when we send our login details to the server it accepts our request and allows us to fetch quotes for trading, now the server should also accept our plugin and allow us to fetch quotes for amibroker,

Ive spoken to someone and he said this is impossible giving many reasons of which I dint understand a single, but I think this is possible,

Just think over it again & again & aga.

Thanks.
Subha

S

sunyhyd

Hi,
1st of all, thanks for the wonderful software- ManishRT,

well I dont have much knowledge abt software, Ive an a/c with icici and is provided Traderacer (tr) for trading --- TradeRacer (TR) is an exe based trading platform designed by Asian CERC Technologies ltd & named it as MarketPulse/tradeanywhere, now when I login to my icici a/c using TR, it connects to the server of icici or nse(not known to me) and fetches quotes in real-time streaming on my desktop based exe(TR) for trading. One more thing the intraday quotes are saved in the server atleast upto 7 PM as far I know and have found.

Now my point is that, Is it not possible to create a plugin which mutually logsin/ send requests to the server of icici as soon as I login with my TR a/c & password and fetches the quotes from the server in realtime (as ManishRT fetches from yah0/g00g or esignal does).

I want to say that whomsoever the broker be, each provides a trading platform (.exe based), may be TTADV, PIB, ODIN OR DIETODIN- - - - one thing common in every trading platform is that they fetches quotes from the server to the platform to trade in realtime, so the plugin would be compitable to the software and it hits the server without any issue, the only thing Im saying is that when we send our login details to the server it accepts our request and allows us to fetch quotes for trading, now the server should also accept our plugin and allow us to fetch quotes for amibroker,

Ive spoken to someone and he said this is impossible giving many reasons of which I dint understand a single, but I think this is possible,

Just think over it again & again & aga.

Thanks.
Subha
Hi Subha,

There are a lot of hurdles in connecting to the server like the data encryption (so that intermediateries does not modify and interpret the data), protocol followed between the two manchines and the data format. It would be very difficult to do this unless the vendor is providing APIs for this task.

Fortunately to get data from a watch may be possible. Please work with me if you want to extract data from a traderacer watch.

Thank you

sub2501

THANKS,
as u know i've no knowledge in software, but i'm ready to work with u, but how pls do let me know !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

u can reach me == [email protected]

murthymsr

Vikas,

Thanks for your suggestion. I will study and will certainly go for it. My only concern is that before a final release I would like to be tested it by a few people as I dont have any testing team.

Thank you
Hi Sunyhyd,

Thanks for this wonderful sw. I have today ran the application during market hours and found it very stable. I have compared

the quotes with those provided by my broker. The quotes are live to a few seconds.

In my view, following features will enhanse the utility of the application. You may do as considered necessary and feasible.

1) Ability to get live data for non-Indian exchanges. This will also help the Indian traders as they will try, stabilise and

integrate the application with Amibroker during non trading hours without any loss of trading time.

2) In most of the software, double clicking the task bar icon will open the application. This may be added, in addition to

the present right click & select.

3) On mouse pointing the Icon, it may show the values for the currently selected window, just at the Icon. This will enble

to occasionally get a view of the portfolio without obstructing his other operations/windows.

4) User may be able to set one upper & one lower limit in point terms (and if possible in % terms also) to produce two

distinct audible alarms. This will avoid the strain of continuous staring of the screen.

5) An About tab may be added to show the version number and build number. This information is now available only in the

debug report.

6) Ability to receive data from 8:55 To 15:45 so that the close tick released by NSE at around 15:40 is also caught. If user is allowed to set the times himself, with the default ones being above NSE timings, this will help to catch up international stocks/indices also.

Thanks for your time & contribution.

murthymsr

Last edited:

cnbondre

HI,

sunnyhyd,

YOU HAVE BEEN ADMIRED BY ONE OF THE MOST RESPECTABLE SENIOR MEMBER " Mr. murthymsr " OF THE TRADERJI FAMILY FOR YOUR WORK. KEEP IT ON

:clap::clap::clap:

EXPECTING YOUR NUMBERED AND MORE SCRIP ADDED VERSION SOON.

MAY GOD BLESS YOU,

REGARDS,

CNBONDRE

S

sunyhyd

HI,

sunnyhyd,

YOU HAVE BEEN ADMIRED BY ONE OF THE MOST RESPECTABLE SENIOR MEMBER " Mr. murthymsr " OF THE TRADERJI FAMILY FOR YOUR WORK. KEEP IT ON

:clap::clap::clap:

EXPECTING YOUR NUMBERED AND MORE SCRIP ADDED VERSION SOON.

MAY GOD BLESS YOU,

REGARDS,

CNBONDRE
Thank you murthymsr and CNBONDRE.

Thank you for the suggesions. I am studying them for future enhancements.

-Suny

murthymsr

Thank you murthymsr and CNBONDRE.

Thank you for the suggesions. I am studying them for future enhancements.

-Suny
Hi sunyhyd,

Thanks for the prompt and positive response.

I was getting the error as I have indicated in my earlier PM when I try to add a watch-list/stock.

Yahoo provides quote data for indices and stocks for all the large exchanges / countries spread across different time zones. User may or may not be located in the time zone where the exchange is located.

A sw made based on yahoo data could be useful to all, if properly designed.

With this in my mind, I was thinking that ManshiRT needs some improvements. Hope you don't mind if I share my thoughts on this !

To make the system simple, I feel that watch-lists and symbols need some reorganization.

Watch-list is a group of stocks and symbol is either a stock or an index.

symbol may have a prefix like in an index and a suffix to indicate the exchange.

User may create a watch list, specifying the parameters:

1) Watch-List name, which can be added, deleted or edited.

2) Fetch quotes from time (his local/system time) ; prefilled default value NSE To time.

3) Fetch quotes upto time (his local/system time) ; prefilled default value NSE To time.

4) Enable/Disable option. The quotes for symbols in the watch-list are fetched only when this check box is checked. With this facility, a user may simultaneously fetch quotes from different watch-lists. As you can see, there is a lot of time overlap among all the exchanges.

The symbol selection may have the following parameters.

1) Index (Y/N check box).

2) symbol body ( only the first 9 characters of the entered value are used, even if NSE symbol is directly entered)

3) Alias name: If an alias name is entered, the quoted may be delivered to AB with the alias name instead of the symbol. This facility allows user to select a user friendly name instead of the yahoo symbol, which sometimes is confusing.)

4) Exchange suffix ( NSE suffix "NS" prefilled. This may be ignored if Index=Y at 1)

5) Test button. On pressing this button, the symbol will be assembled with the data provided in the row and a request eill be sent to the built-in browser to fetch the quotes/chart. This will allow users to check for themselves if data entered is correct.

6) Watch-List of which this symbol is a member of. A symbol can be a member of only ONE watch list.

7) Enable/disable : user may select the stocks for which he will need the intra-day data on that day. In general, a user may have a master list of many stocks out of which he may select only some on a particular day.

In this arrangement exchange parameter is there only in conjunction with stock suffix and I feel this will cater to ALL users across this globe.

You may look into and act as desired / feasible.

Thanks for your time.

murthymsr

Last edited:
S

sunyhyd

New Release of ManshiRT

Dear Members,

A new release of ManshiRT has been made which is available at the following location:
http://www.4shared.com/file/223362819/44d702ae/Release-17-Feb-2010.html

Changes:
  1. Added support for Kotak KeatPro
  2. Enhanced watch based support for TTAdvance - there is no need to open intraday charts in TT Advance and perforance is also better. To use this functionaly, please see the section below.
  3. Configurable desktop watch - it is a small window which remains on top. Along with the Alert functionality, it is now much easier to track stocks. To open the desktop watch, right click on the tray icon and select desktop watch menu option.
  4. Added support for alerts - add alerts and get notified of the same when prices changes. To set alert for a symbol, right click (or double click) it in the RT ticker window (or desktop watch) and select set alert menu option
  5. A few bug fixes

Using KeatPro and Watch based TTAdvance functionality

Please note that to use KeatPro and TTAdvance, visual sutido 2008 redistributable is needed which can be downloaded from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9b2da534-3e03-4391-8a4d-074b9f2bc1bf&displaylang=en

1. Open settings dialog
  2. Click on the Odin tab
  3. Select KeatPro or TT Adavance in the source combo
  4. The KeatPro / TT Advance watch should display in the watchlist box below
  5. select a watch and click on "Start RT Data" button
  6. Click ok to close the dialog

Please note - support for ODIN and PIB is not working, hence do not use these features. These are placeholders for future functionality.

Thank You
Suny
Join ManshiRT