D.Hatkar

Never stop learning.
It's always nice to meet other Linux users. I've been using Linux Mint for years. I've set up Windows in Virtualbox, which I'm VERY careful with, & not afraid to dump & re-install every now & then to ensure that there are no security issues. I use Tor browser to access Fyers Web. Will look into Min browser.
I see you are a very privacy conscious person. Using Linux and Tor Browser. I wonder if you even use any Google services? Just kidding. Linux is a great alternative to Windows. I even tried to run some Windows only softwares on Linux using Crossover. Some worked really well. Some just didn't. But I think we both have an agreement that it is really difficult to completely avoid Windows OS.

pannet1

Happy to meet another Linux user. I myself run Deepin Linux on my spare laptop. However, my main laptop runs Windows because I cannot live without gaming. I've never tried MX Linux. How's it? And I've heard about Min Browser. I'll give it a try. But FYERS Web runs fine on Chrome 70 for Windows. TradingView is using more resource with every update it seems.

Take care of your health. Good day.
MX Linux is running fine without any problems so far. I was using Deepin Manjoro as my main OS prior to that. Everyone was screaming in Linux Telegram channel that Deepin is just a big Chinese spyware (or some ...ware), I dont remember what. They also had very poor opinion about Manjaro because they failed to update the https certificate in their site. I was ignoring everything, then one day after update i was not able to boot ... and i did not have the time and energy to fix it.

Usually when i switch OS, i check out distrowatch website thats how i got MX Linux .... just plain Debain with some bells and whistles. Nothing fancy. Everything simply works.

I see you are a very privacy conscious person. Using Linux and Tor Browser. I wonder if you even use any Google services? Just kidding. Linux is a great alternative to Windows. I even tried to run some Windows only softwares on Linux using Crossover. Some worked really well. Some just didn't. But I think we both have an agreement that it is really difficult to completely avoid Windows OS.
I'd say security is my main concern but yes, privacy is important too. :p Right, when I first started trading & online-banking, I thought security was the most important thing to me, so that's why I decided to give Linux a go, & have been a Linux user since then, given that it wasn't that different from Windows. Right, I tried that with Wine & such but yeah, they don't always work very well, so I agree with you, that it's difficult to get away from Windows completely.

pannet1

It's always nice to meet other Linux users. I've been using Linux Mint for years. I've set up Windows in Virtualbox, which I'm VERY careful with, & not afraid to dump & re-install every now & then to ensure that there are no security issues. I use Tor browser to access Fyers Web. Will look into Min browser.
Min browser is for someone who think even firefox is a bloatware (minus the plugins). If tradingview software works once ... i think it will work forever without complain. I am surprised you use Tor for trading :)

D.Hatkar

Never stop learning.
MX Linux is running fine without any problems so far. I was using Deepin Manjoro as my main OS prior to that. Everyone was screaming in Linux Telegram channel that Deepin is just a big Chinese spyware (or some ...ware), I dont remember what. They also had very poor opinion about Manjaro because they failed to update the https certificate in their site. I was ignoring everything, then one day after update i was not able to boot ... and i did not have the time and energy to fix it.

Usually when i switch OS, i check out distrowatch website thats how i got MX Linux .... just plain Debain with some bells and whistles. Nothing fancy. Everything simply works.
Yes, I'm aware of the whole spyware chaos. There was an official statement from the Deepin developers explaining the situation. Honestly speaking, it is very difficult to go completely undetected online. And I remember FBI's words, "If you're not doing anything illegal online, you shouldn't be worried."

I too look at Distrowatch once in a while. And that's also how I was introduced to Deepin.

pannet1

w.r.t trading softwares this is very true ... i tried making NEST, Pi run on Wine but both did not work. Still I managed to stay in Linux with kite (web based). Now i dont remember when i booted into windows 7. Its OK to use Win* now and then as and when you need. There is no need to be a purist here.

I am using Metatrader on Linux without any problem. I am also running my custom EA, there.

Selection_015.png

D.Hatkar

Never stop learning.
w.r.t trading softwares this is very true ... i tried making NEST, Pi on Wine but both did not work. Still I managed to stay in Linux with kite (web based). Now i dont remember when i booted into windows 7. Its OK to use Win* now and then as and when you need. There is no need to be a purist here.

I am using Metatrader on Linux without any problem. I am also running my custom EA, there.

View attachment 29874
Good to know. Even I tried running Zerodha Pi on Linux. No luck there. FYERS Web works just fine but there are some UI glitches. I believe MetaTrader has a Linux version of their software, which is great. I'm guessing you're using it just for analysis. You can't actually place trades off of it. Correct me if I'm wrong?

pannet1

I believe MetaTrader has a Linux version of their software, which is great
No. Its same windows executable that runs on W.I.N.E emulator.
I'm guessing you're using it just for analysis. You can't actually place trades off of it. Correct me if I'm wrong?
I can but the order goes to only the broker from whom i downloaded the platform. I think you mean to say, you cant place trades on Indian Exchanges. If yes, you are right .. There are some attempts like Robo Trader to place orders into NEST from MT4.

I am on a demo MT4 Platform ... and just testing out my EA and my trading skills. I am placing order directly with the MT4 broker.

D.Hatkar

Never stop learning.
No. Its same windows executable that runs on W.I.N.E emulator.

I can but the order goes to only the broker from whom i downloaded the platform. I think you mean to say, you cant place trades on Indian Exchanges. If yes, you are right .. There are some attempts like Robo Trader to place orders into NEST from MT4.

I am on a demo MT4 Platform ... and just testing out my EA and my trading skills. I am placing order directly with the MT4 broker.
You're right. That's what I meant. I'm guessing BSE was suppose to official start supporting MetaTrader as their trading platform. Don't know when that will happen.

pannet1

You're right. That's what I meant. I'm guessing BSE was suppose to official start supporting MetaTrader as their trading platform. Don't know when that will happen.
yes, BSE started mt5 but no broker is ready to embrace it, i guess.