Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
There are no charges for the desktop software right ? Can we use NSE Now desktop software also in parallel to the one provided by Fyers?

I think there are no account opening charges ,, Any charges I may miss out to open a pure trading account (no Demat account required)
@superman , You're right.

1. There are no charges for the desktop software.

2. We are not providing NSE NOW (It is not free anymore for anyone. DOTEX started levying fees for your information for all the brokers who are using the platform). Also, it is a hassle to manage 2 parallel systems and it can create more problems than it solves. Hence, we don't provide NSE NOW.

3. Trading account opening is free. The charges of 400 + taxes are applicable only if you open a demat account. But remember, you will need a demat account if you want to trade in intraday equity segment too. FYI.

Last edited:

cloudTrader

Thank you! It would be nice if you can spread the word. If you feel like.
Off course. You are making a commendable progress on technical front & it is surely a pleasure to share about your performance with fellow traders. Initially had some issues to face on data front but I will be again resuming with Fyers Web as you have stated that the system has undergone major changes.

@superman , You're right.

1. There are no charges for the desktop software.

2. We are not providing NSE NOW (It is not free anymore for anyone. DOTEX started levying fees for your information for all the brokers who are using the platform). Also, it is a hassle to manage 2 parallel systems and it can create more problems than it solves. Hence, we don't provide NSE NOW.

3. Trading account opening is free. The charges of 400 + taxes are applicable only if you open a demat account. But remember, you will need a demat account if you want to trade in intraday equity segment too. FYI.
This is new. The other discount brokers allow intraday trades in equity with just a trading account. And if you do happen ending up buying the shares, it is transferred to their pool account and then to your linked demat account at the end of the month.

What is the AMC for the demat account ?

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
This is new. The other discount brokers allow intraday trades in equity with just a trading account. And if you do happen ending up buying the shares, it is transferred to their pool account and then to your linked demat account at the end of the month.

What is the AMC for the demat account ?
1. The other discount brokers used to allow it until it became compulsory. The alternative to opening a demat account is to give us a CMR copy of your existing demat account. With this, we will be able to enable the intraday segment but not the delivery (CNC) segment.

2. You will not be enabled in the intraday equity segment without (a) demat account or (b) CMR Copy of an existing demat account. The rules keep changing and I am referring to the latest compliance requirements from the exchange. If traders were able to buy shares without a demat account, and the broker is unable to square them off, then basically he has to pay up the settlement and hold it in the pool account and be exposed to price risk. Not a sound practice in my opinion.

3. AMC of the demat account is ₹400 + taxes which is levied by IL&FS. I have mentioned this before.

1. The other discount brokers used to allow it until it became compulsory. The alternative to opening a demat account is to give us a CMR copy of your existing demat account. With this, we will be able to enable the intraday segment but not the delivery (CNC) segment.

2. You will not be enabled in the intraday equity segment without (a) demat account or (b) CMR Copy of an existing demat account. The rules keep changing and I am referring to the latest compliance requirements from the exchange. If traders were able to buy shares without a demat account, and the broker is unable to square them off, then basically he has to pay up the settlement and hold it in the pool account and be exposed to price risk. Not a sound practice in my opinion.

3. AMC of the demat account is ₹400 + taxes which is levied by IL&FS. I have mentioned this before.
Thanks for the quick reply.

I have a demat account with Sharekhan. If I provide you with a copy of the Client Master, I can open a trading account only with you and trade intraday equities, right ? MIS and BO/CO (but not CNC).

@Tejas Khoday Hope i dont sound complaining, but i want your platform bug free. am experiencing issues in saving charts layout, i contacted support team but they say, on their end its working fine. but after pressing the save chart layout button and later if we refresh the page, the settings are not saved. i need to press the save chart layout button as well as from the drop down menu button, atleast 5 times each, only then it gets saved sometime.
another issue, is recently i feel the Fyers Web is taking too long to open. hope you will fix these issues soon.

@Tejas Khoday Recently one of your customer executive called from a mobile number to one of my friends. as he was unable to clear the doubts of my friend,, he tried to end the conversation abruptly by saying " AAP JAISE BAHUT SAARE CUSTOMER HAME MILTE HAI". This made my friend feel insulted. Further, your executive verbally abused my friend and was replied in the same language.

What kind of employees have been recruited by FYERS ???