Upstox - RKSV - Trade in Rs 20 Max

megapixel

Re: RKSV - Unlimited Online Trading @ 1947/-

Hi megapixel,

Sorry for the delay. Getting the concerned persons on our team to get to all the q's over the weekend. :)

On #1) No physical exercise happens on index and stock options. In case you are long on an option and it expires in the money, the exchange will square it off for you if you don't do it yourself before expiry. This is termed as 'exercise' and you will be charged a higher STT of 0.125% (delivery STT).

On #2) Yes, you can buy and sell options as much as you want before expiry. Even intraday trading is allowed.
Thanks. You are very much helpful....that helped.

If the option is out of the money i.e current stock/index price < strike price ....

should I let the option to expire ?
should I square off ?
should I exercise ?

which one is good for trader ?

Thanks. You are very much helpful....that helped.

If the option is out of the money i.e current stock/index price < strike price ....

should I let the option to expire ?
should I square off ?
should I exercise ?

which one is good for trader ?
Let it expire. Exchange won't square up the trade.

megapixel

If I want to buy a NIFTY Option CALL can I choose any expiry date ?

Which expiry date I am allowed to choose ..

Expiry 26-July-2012
Expiry 30-Aug-2012
Expiry 27-Sep-2012
Expiry 27-Decm-2012

whats the rule here ?

Last edited:

If I want to buy a NIFTY Option CALL can I choose any expiry date ?

Which expiry date I am allowed to choose ..

Expiry 26-July-2012
Expiry 30-Aug-2012
Expiry 27-Sep-2012
Expiry 27-Decm-2012

whats the rule here ?
It's not about picking expiring dates. Each expiry and strike price is a different tradable derivative. For every future on the stock, the NSE has several strike price (listed above and below the current price) bands. For each strike price, they have several options each expiring in different months.

For example, RELIANCE has three expiry dates with more than 25 options on each day. http://www.nseindia.com/marketinfo/fo/optionKeys.jsp?symbolCode=242&symbol=RELIANCE&symbol=RELIANCE&instrument=-&date=-&segmentLink=5&symbolCount=2

NIFTY on the other hand, has many more expiry dates, and slightly more strike prices too.
http://www.nseindia.com/marketinfo/fo/optionKeys.jsp?symbolCode=-10007&symbol=NIFTY&symbol=NIFTY&instrument=-&date=-&segmentLink=5&symbolCount=2

megapixel

It's not about picking expiring dates. Each expiry and strike price is a different tradable derivative. For every future on the stock, the NSE has several strike price (listed above and below the current price) bands. For each strike price, they have several options each expiring in different months.

For example, RELIANCE has three expiry dates with more than 25 options on each day. http://www.nseindia.com/marketinfo/fo/optionKeys.jsp?symbolCode=242&symbol=RELIANCE&symbol=RELIANCE&instrument=-&date=-&segmentLink=5&symbolCount=2

NIFTY on the other hand, has many more expiry dates, and slightly more strike prices too.
http://www.nseindia.com/marketinfo/fo/optionKeys.jsp?symbolCode=-10007&symbol=NIFTY&symbol=NIFTY&instrument=-&date=-&segmentLink=5&symbolCount=2
I agree.

my question was little different ......ok...giving you an example....please tell me ...

Can I place a NIFTY option CALL buy order which has expiry date on 27-Decm-2012 with strike price 5200 ?

Why I'm asking this ? You know one of my friend told that you can not place option call buy order 3 months in advance expiry date....This is the reason I am asking whether there is any such restrictions in order placement.

Last edited:

Hi RKSV,

Pl let me know at the end of financial year whether you are able to
give full details of trade scrip wise so that it will be easy to file income tax returns?
Hi Nandamad,

We already have annual reports in back office where you can check your activity on a scrip-by-script basis. We also send quarterly statements on all your positions.