Upstox - RKSV - Trade in Rs 20 Max

NJ23

Have you seen any client who consistently made money using so called research advice from these broking houses ? In last 7 years I have worked with Motilal Oswal,IIFL and LKP as franchisee and also as a online trading client of Kotak,Sharkhan,Angel & Nirmal Bang.... So called "trading calls" given by these brokers ( and so many others ) are nothing but a matter of joke amongst most clients and more often than not these "tips" are nothing but a ploy to generate brokerage revenues..Most of the research teams have revenue targets as well...

So not having a research team may actually turn out to be a advantage in the future.. In fact, I strongly believe entire brokerage business model in India is poised for some irreversible changes...
You're spot on!:thumb:

Rksv, why have you stopped uploading videos from market scientist?
Hey classifiedindian,

We upload 'The Week Ahead' videos on our YouTube channel. Each video has a theme, we answer questions, talk about upcoming events, and more. The latest one is '4 more must watch movies for traders: https://youtu.be/xACx8WVwHSc.

You can post Q's on our Facebook page and we'll answer it on video.

Hope that helps!

RKSV,

Don't you think that indiantradingleague.com will have a big impact on you?

Reasons:
1. 20 per order
2. Its in Mumbai
3. Kapil dev is the face
4. Great prizes
5. Great variety of competitions.
6. New concept
7. It has launches at the right time
8. They advertise on CNBC

I have a feeling its going to take the lions share of discount broking.. And many existing ones will be hit like the ball when it.flies out of the park.

What do you think?
Can't speak for their offers. Competition is good as it brings more attention to this space. SEBI just recently announced that they won't interfere with brokerage pricing :) http://www.livemint.com/Money/fGc6mwoVogCvrUURsdH3ON/Sebi-refuses-to-set-a-minimum-fee-for-discount-brokerages.html

Hi rksv,

few weeks ago i changed my mobile number and send a mail to your customer care id intimating them to update the same at their end since there is no option to change it online or through your BO portal. i got a reply to submit a "mobile no change" form duly filled and signed to your HO or to dl,take print out,scan and then upload to send you.

To be frank all your “security reasons” are just harassing the customer where the reality should be a very simple process wherein a customer logs in to your keystone backoffice and changes the number without any fuss.

Now if you give bollocks such as for the security reason and can’t even trust the customer to remember his/her password then frankly you should disable the trading terminals and make customers send in scanned requests for the security trading.

Sounds stupid, right? That’s how it sounds to me to send a scanned copy where I have the password to the trading terminal and backoffice but can’t do a simple thing like changing a mobile number through it.

i can change the mobile no of my bank by simply swiping the atm at the kiosk and updating it in real time w/o filling any forms, so as an online broker you should definitely have mechanisms to update the mobile no too online.

otherwise simply take trading orders too via signed,scanned forms (coz that's the explanation you gave). make processes uniform across your portal and please don't behave like a sarkari bank, coz i am really not going to go through that hassle. and if at all if i have to that will be for a/c closure.

PS: can't find any option under usercp to PM you my details. my ucc is 100939

Last edited:
Hi rksv,

few weeks ago i changed my mobile number and send a mail to your customer care id intimating them to update the same at their end since there is no option to change it online or through your BO portal. i got a reply to submit a "mobile no change" form duly filled and signed to your HO or to dl,take print out,scan and then upload to send you.

To be frank all your “security reasons” are just harassing the customer where the reality should be a very simple process wherein a customer logs in to your keystone backoffice and changes the number without any fuss.

Now if you give bollocks such as for the security reason and can’t even trust the customer to remember his/her password then frankly you should disable the trading terminals and make customers send in scanned requests for the security trading.

Sounds stupid, right? That’s how it sounds to me to send a scanned copy where I have the password to the trading terminal and backoffice but can’t do a simple thing like changing a mobile number through it.

i can change the mobile no of my bank by simply swiping the atm at the kiosk and updating it in real time w/o filling any forms, so as an online broker you should definitely have mechanisms to update the mobile no too online.

otherwise simply take trading orders too via signed,scanned forms (coz that's the explanation you gave). make processes uniform across your portal and please don't behave like a sarkari bank, coz i am really not going to go through that hassle. and if at all if i have to that will be for a/c closure.

PS: can't find any option under usercp to PM you my details. my ucc is ------
Hey ashsahu,

Thing is, changing email/phone number requires a physical form because of SEBI's rules. We would like to do away with it too but there are certain things that we can't do because of regulations.

Anyways, guess the issue must be solved by now by one of our support officers. Let us know if we can help you further.

Hey classifiedindian,

Hopefully not... we don't have any other information apart from what was in the article.
Isn't this also discouraging for brokers like you? Why don't you take a firm stand against it? What are you doing to stall such a move?
Moreover, do you think it will effect retail traders or not?

deba72

Must be the brainchild of our knowledgeable FM,, I see a concerted moves in many fronts to roll back the participation in markets..be it FII or retail traders..so that in future market becomes hostage to few institutions and few unscrupulous market operators in Ahmedabad..