kaly422000

Fyers has one of the best charting tools, that they offer free of cost. I say this with experience of more than 18 years of online trading and a decade more of offline trading.
As Tejas said, even under lockdown, their Technical Team went out of the way to solve a tech issue in a friends Computer. That too, they arranged for a whatsApp call, as there was no mobile range at my friends place.
As someone mentioned, testing a system, is an expensive process. This 7 rs might make you more diligent in testing thoroughly before deployment.
i am generally delivery trader but now try to enter in intraday cash trade with tiny volume with zerodha and upstox for testing some strateji and to prepare for big volume for intraday cash and future . for trading with suppose 3 dlf buy and sell zerodha genarate .4 rs inclusive tax. they can can compensate this cost as they have huge active traders and as well as best technology. for fund transfer and payout they have reliable technology,though there are some news of platform fredge during high volatility . this is normal for high volume trade. they accept imps transfer without the need of proof.still now tradelab(zerodha pi) is best ever platform for trading among discount brokers atleast. only sharekhan tradetiger has better edge.

i am generally delivery trader but now try to enter in intraday cash trade with tiny volume with zerodha and upstox for testing some strateji and to prepare for big volume for intraday cash and future . for trading with suppose 3 dlf buy and sell zerodha genarate .4 rs inclusive tax. they can can compensate this cost as they have huge active traders and as well as best technology. for fund transfer and payout they have reliable technology,though there are some news of platform fredge during high volatility . this is normal for high volume trade. they accept imps transfer without the need of proof.still now tradelab(zerodha pi) is best ever platform for trading among discount brokers atleast. only sharekhan tradetiger has better edge.
Platform freeze is Ok with large volume?
Please explain
Though to be fair, in my roughly 9 years with Zerodha, faced a platform freeze just a couple of times, while in a trade.
Have seen freezes a few more times, but was not in a trade, at those times.
As for platform, all a trader needs is fast, one click execution.
Provided in NEST, but discontinued by Zerodha.

kaly422000

Platform freeze is Ok with large volume?
Please explain
Though to be fair, in my roughly 9 years with Zerodha, faced a platform freeze just a couple of times, while in a trade.
Have seen freezes a few more times, but was not in a trade, at those times.
As for platform, all a trader needs is fast, one click execution.
Provided in NEST, but discontinued by Zerodha.
ys nest is better platform but i need trading software with good charting option. sadly i heard that zerodha for sometime not updating pi where as dartstock is doing regular updates but that does not mean they are better platform than tradelab

My suggestion would be to use independent charting software. No broker is able to provide perfect charts, though both Fyers and Zerodha are near perfect
For execution, Fyers One is good for people who want exe based execution platform

I am not surprised that some people have raised an issue with the minimum brokerage because you are not looking at the other side of the coin. Please note that we have fixed costs and many times, the costs are much higher than the brokerage itself. For a long time, we have been subsidizing the cost of micro trades even though the infra utilization is higher than the amount we charge per trade. However, considering the changing environment, the brokerage charges must justify the investments we make in the future. If you are on the other side, running the brokerage, you will realize the enormous costs we undertake in technology, human resources, compliance & ops to make it happen. We're charging a small minimum fee to ensure that we can maintain quality going forward. During the lockdown when most brokers have faced untold issues, support desks were not operational, many stopped services altogether, some even went bankrupt, we continued to operate without any hindrances or issues. I have published all this in our recent notice.

Having said that, why are you worried? We are openly offering a brokerage refund if you win the 30 Day Challenge. Take the challenge and win. You can effectively trade without brokerage charges.

Good luck.
Sir, it is justified to increase brokerage if viability is a problem but not fully justified by minimum cap.

Raise the upper limit of inr. 20 to 30, I'm sure it won't hurt those who are trading large volumes and proportionately even it out.
Even those paying upper limit can take the challenge.
I would say that let the brokerage be the same percentage with upper limit cap. ( new 0.03% is also fair as its even for all)
This is also 3X increase.

Even inr.30 for a derivative trade is reasonable, but flat fee of inr. 7 seems to be targeting specific traders.

Thank you.

Last edited:
as i think this step of introducing minimum brokarage for intraday cash will encourage other discount broker to go to the same way. any way in that case if u intro delivery trade brokerage to .1 or if some lower wud be better . zerodha increased slightly as they have maximum no of clients. .03 will not be a matter but if u rethink about minimum brokarage wud be better. nowadays traders has many account and they will trade where they will get maximum benefit. fyers has introduced amc charge and increased brokarage too at the same time. this step may creat doubt about fyers. this is just my view. i think max clients engaged in intraday cash trade
There is rule of 2.5% or inr. 7, whichever is lower. kindly do the math accordingly.

It may not come to inr 7 all the time. Still not even playing field as lot all smaller trade sizes see a huge cost to it esp under 10K

On a separate note, when SEBI fixed the max 2.5% commission rule, they would probably be feasting somewhere in a 7 star and thought its reasonable. I dont have time to go study the fine print, but I'm wondering what they were thinking. Maybe 2.5% covered a complimentary drink with each trade.

Last edited:

kaly422000

There is rule of 2.5% or inr. 7, whichever is lower. kindly do the math accordingly.

It may not come to inr 7 all the time. Still not even playing field as lot all smaller trade sizes see a huge cost to it esp under 10K

On a separate note, when SEBI fixed the max 2.5% commission rule, they would probably be feasting somewhere in a 7 star and thought its reasonable. I dont have time to go study the fine print, but I'm wondering what they were thinking. Maybe 2.5% covered a complimentary drink with each trade.
if ur trade size is rs 200/ then brokarage is 5/ and rs 300/ it is7.5/. now in rs 200/ u can not test any intraday trade.problem is where if i have to try multiple small trade for testing it wud be a problem. any way they will not make loss allowing low brokarage but still many discount broker maintaining .03 or rs 20/ which is lower.

if ur trade size is rs 200/ then brokarage is 5/ and rs 300/ it is7.5/. now in rs 200/ u can not test any intraday trade.problem is where if i have to try multiple small trade for testing it wud be a problem. any way they will not make loss allowing low brokarage but still many discount broker maintaining .03 or rs 20/ which is lower.
I said same. only wanted to highlight the 2.5% rule.
traders were complaining about STT, which is 0,025% sell side and now there is 0.03% both sides upto 2.5%.

looks like all are big traders so not many complaining or they are wiser and know that our points will make no difference and trading with other broker where it is suitable.