No, it is not possible as per our current configurations.

You will have to break it down into smaller orders < 2 crores (Total Transaction Value).

Is there any particular reason why you want to place large orders in single trades? Ideally, larger trades are sliced into smaller orders to get a better execution price.
Ok. I understand the 2 crore transaction value part.

But the 2nd choice will have less than 2 crore transaction value right? (options)

Reason for single order is just simplicity in execution. Slicing is something i will dive more into.

Thanks Sir

Raj232

Seems like too many glitches in Fyers, just tried checking the SPAN / margins required and just seen glitch after glitch. ..so posting the last one for reference:
1552996221101.png

The pic is self explanatory (taken at approx 5:15 PM on 19-March-2019 ) :)

and another one...

1552996748575.png

Last edited:

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
hi @Tejas Khoday

I have 2 tickets with your support team

They are yet to come back to me on this. Hoping you could throw some light on the last question i have raised in the ticket.

This is a surprising one, which you will note by reading through it.... I placed a BO for 1 lot of CRUDEOILMINI and was blocked 41000 Rs.... to the effect that i was running in negative.... Finally after some discussions the support team did understand that it was a glitch at the backend.... And they have CLOSED THE TICKET saying they have rectified it and it wont happen in future... BUT I WANT TO KNOW WHY IT HAPPENED... Can you please check and inform me ??

Having said the above, till i don't understand it, i am a bit apprehensive to place BO's if these type of things happen again in future.

Regards
Greg
Hi @gregferns,

Feedback is that you placed the wrong input values in the Bracket Order Entry window. This is the reason why a higher margin amount has been blocked. In any case, we will look into the margin aspect. The bracket order functionality works well if your input values are valid.

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
@Tejas Khoday
Today I found out that the bug is not quite fixed.
It works perfectly when you chart a scrip for the first time but when you switch to some another scrip and the comeback to the first scrip the limit price will again show some historical value, I guess it is the value at which you move from scrip one to scrip two.
Try this quickly while the market is open.
And also see for some scrips quantity is not 1 at the beginning it is 10 or some other number can you please make it uniform.
Thanks
Hi @EpsiloniPhi,

1. Thanks for letting us know. We'll look into this.

2. The quantity is based on what you have selected. It cannot be uniform across symbols.

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Ok. I understand the 2 crore transaction value part.

But the 2nd choice will have less than 2 crore transaction value right? (options)

Reason for single order is just simplicity in execution. Slicing is something i will dive more into.

Thanks Sir
Yeah, that's right!

Also, slicing is very useful in options too. It's all about getting a better average price. Almost every large trader opts to scale-in & scale-out of positions rather than entering and exiting using market orders. Why?
  1. Single market orders can lead to significant slippage, especially in options (Impact cost).
  2. You tend to act impatiently instead of patiently waiting and maneuvring your trades.
  3. You can choose to add/subtract based on how the position is moving. If the position has gone in your favor, you can afford to add more etc. If you enter in one shot, you're pretty much stuck to your seat with all the chips on the table. One bad hand can make you make your account go north-south.