Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Seems like too many glitches in Fyers, just tried checking the SPAN / margins required and just seen glitch after glitch. ..so posting the last one for reference:
View attachment 33999

The pic is self explanatory (taken at approx 5:15 PM on 19-March-2019 ) :)

and another one...

View attachment 34002
Hi @Raj232,

Just tried on my system and it works fine. We'll investigate why this is happening and get back to you.

Hi @gregferns,

Feedback is that you placed the wrong input values in the Bracket Order Entry window. This is the reason why a higher margin amount has been blocked. In any case, we will look into the margin aspect. The bracket order functionality works well if your input values are valid.
Ok sir... Point noted... Thanks..

Even your support team mailed about the same... And they also mentioned they will work towards the system not being able to process the order if price is mentioned instead of points... I think this needs to be done fast..

Regards
Greg

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Latest on Brainstorm (Blog): Introducing Corporate Actions on Charts.

In this post, I have given the details of how and why corporate actions are useful if properly presented on the charts with adjusted data. I'm sure most of the @Traderji crowd already knows the benefits but there are many out there who don't. If you have anything to say, you can get in touch with me in the comments section of the blog too.

I recently opened an trading account with FYERS as i have faced some issues with zerodha. I trade usually in options and mostly through bracket orders only. Before opening an account , checked in https://fyers.in/introducing-bracket-orders-phase-2/ and made sure that bracket orders facility for options are available in FYERS. I tried to place BO for both 20 mar expiry and 28 mar expiry nifty options and both got rejected with message "RMS : BO not enabled". contacted fyers support team and was informed that bracket order facility not available for options . Got confused. Whether FYERS supports bracket orders for NIFTY options or not ? whether any one is using the same ? Seems i need to close the account without even doing one trade and the time I spent in completing documentation formalities are waste of time. Seems FYERS is not having proper documentation in their website or whether i am one off case facing such issues ?

Raj232

I recently opened an trading account with FYERS as i have faced some issues with zerodha. I trade usually in options and mostly through bracket orders only. Before opening an account , checked in https://fyers.in/introducing-bracket-orders-phase-2/ and made sure that bracket orders facility for options are available in FYERS. I tried to place BO for both 20 mar expiry and 28 mar expiry nifty options and both got rejected with message "RMS : BO not enabled". contacted fyers support team and was informed that bracket order facility not available for options . Got confused. Whether FYERS supports bracket orders for NIFTY options or not ? whether any one is using the same ? Seems i need to close the account without even doing one trade and the time I spent in completing documentation formalities are waste of time. Seems FYERS is not having proper documentation in their website or whether i am one off case facing such issues ?
Better you call their support once again. Just relying on 1 support persons answer may not help :)

None of my friends trade BO with Fyers as their margin calculation is a bit higher as well as multiple trades are treated as multiple orders thus charging Rs 20 every time even though the original order is just one.

My plea to Fyers is to make "Bracket orders" "zero brokerage" has gone unheard. If this was done, Fyers would get approx 35,000 new customers within 3 months (as per my understanding) (dont ask how.. ) .. :)

Last edited:

Raj232

Hi @Raj232,

Just tried on my system and it works fine. We'll investigate why this is happening and get back to you.
Strange that it is erratic, but the code in the backend is what is causing the problem. Even if I add and remove some instruments, it should recalculate. This basic recalculation is probably not working correctly or simply non-existent on the calculator page :)