Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Hi Tejas, Are cotton futures cash settled or delivery contract? My broker does not know this. I am new in my family business and I hedge using cotton futures in manufacturing time. This time some problem happened so I am asking.

Hi There, I can't comment about your broker as I don't have any information about them and it won't solve your problem.

1. Firstly, cotton futures are compulsorily deliverable if you carry them to expiry. Hence, if you are a buyer of cotton, you can let your futures contract expire and then follow the procedure by paying up the balance amount and going ahead with the delivery process. Most online brokers won't allow this as it is not commercially feasible. Despite being physically settled, most traders avoid taking delivery because the futures markets are used for hedging and speculation purposes only.

2. Cotton is traded on MCX with a monopoly market share. Hence, choose a broker which is also a member of MCX.

3. If you are adamant about taking delivery, go through your brokers' policies, contact them beforehand and confirm if they give you the option of taking delivery or square-off before expiry. FYI, the delivery centers are as follows:
  • Rajkot
  • Kadi
  • Mundra
  • Yavatmal
  • Jalna
  • Adilabad
  • Warangal
Note: One of the reasons why traders in the physical market don't take delivery through the exchange is because of the following reasons:
  1. Standard quantities are not feasible.
  2. No credit facilities.
  3. Logistics are not convenient.
  4. It is more expensive after taxes & transaction costs.

Last edited:

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
@Tejas Khoday, What's your take on SEBI's move on banning Machine learning & AI apps from stock markets?

Does it effect algo trading?
Hi @rahulsharma17,

Firstly, I strongly believe that Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning are no more than trending buzzwords when it comes to the stock markets. These technologies have barely touched the surface and most capital markets startups (Especially MF distributors) claim to have implemented some next level stuff before anyone has even understood its applications properly.

SEBI has not 'banned' AI and ML technologies. They issued a circular in January this year mandating a quarterly reporting. They're primarily concerned if the compliance with SEBI's cybersecurity framework. Apart from that, they want to prevent data breaches and system failures with respect to AI/ML. This is as far as I have understood the circulars.

With regards to Algo trading, currently, the regulator wants to identify Algo trades by tagging orders with a unique Algo ID. It has got nothing to do with AI/ML.

1. If it in the middle, it interrupts the charting experience. Hence, it is above the candles. Secondly, we chose to put it above the candle and not below.
@Tejas Khoday

Looks at the two attached pics, one from TV and another from Fyers TV. Check Reliance EQ charts from Fyers Web and Reliance EQ chart from TV.
Dividend D is eclipsing the previous days candle in Fyers chart, but it is NOT on TVs charts as its on the bottom. Is it just me who sees it?

Also, which one looks better. BTW, am NOT saying just coz TV does it, does not mean its best, but what you are doing is definitely NOT good (at least in my opinion).

If you still say, no it is still above the candle and looks better, I cannot say anything. I give up.
The Fyers Dev and test team does everything perfectly. Amazing!!

Attachments

Last edited:
And all the symbols (at least the F & O ones as the list would be small even on a very busy results day) which have the events to have Fyers web watchlists named:
Today
Tomorrow
Forthcoming

Which is to be dynamically updated everyday from the backend (as you already have that info in Fyers one, similar to how you update them everyday on Fyers one) to update the watchlists with scripts which has view-> board meetings (today, tomorrow, forthcoming).

Well, this is just something that I could think of, but you/your team knows best.

Last edited:

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
@Tejas Khoday

Looks at the two attached pics, one from TV and another from Fyers TV. Check Reliance EQ charts from Fyers Web and Reliance EQ chart from TV.
Dividend D is eclipsing the previous days candle in Fyers chart, but it is NOT on TVs charts as its on the bottom. Is it just me who sees it?

Also, which one looks better. BTW, am NOT saying just coz TV does it, does not mean its best, but what you are doing is definitely NOT good (at least in my opinion).

If you still say, no it is still above the candle and looks better, I cannot say anything. I give up.
The Fyers Dev and test team does everything perfectly. Amazing!!
Hey @ragsid,

We just implemented a few days ago. Let it sink in and we'll see how it goes from there. I just told you what we thought about it. I'm not saying your feedback is invalid or irrelevant. There are a few ways of doing it and we chose this. I hope it adds value.

sach007

Impatient Trader
@Tejas Khoday

I have bought 405 QTY Liquidbees in total on differnet days.

And I calculated the Dividend till yesterday I should get is 1.605 units (Comes to Aprox value of Rs 1605 )

But I have received on 0.058 QTY till Now as Dividend ... its something wrong going there...

Where is my Dividend Gone?

I raised ticket also... 9144341

plz look into matter.

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
@Tejas Khoday

I have bought 405 QTY Liquidbees in total on differnet days.

And I calculated the Dividend till yesterday I should get is 1.605 units (Comes to Aprox value of Rs 1605 )

But I have received on 0.058 QTY till Now as Dividend ... its something wrong going there...

Where is my Dividend Gone?

I raised ticket also... 9144341

plz look into matter.
Hi @sach007,

Please write to [email protected] and your issue will be resolved.