Hi Tejas,

There seems to be a lot of confusion around the margin requirements for the account. I had faced some issues earlier as well and raised in this forum.

Today I received a call from Fyers Support that there is margin shortfall in my account. The daily margin statement shows positive balance and the web site also showed positive balance (though a slightly different number) at that time. I was also able to place trades and no margin concern was shown by Fyers website while placing orders.

I called up support just now and they say there is shortfall as I should have margin more than the premium outstanding for options sold. I am not sure if that should be the case as the final margin available shown on the website is after adjusting the outstanding premium for the positions I have. Is that not the case?

I believe I have been in this position before where outstanding premium is more than the margin available and no concerns were raised. So I am not sure why this is coming up now. Should not available balance shown already be adjusted for all outstanding and is fully available for trading?

Can you pls get back on this asap so that I can make adjustments at the earliest?

Regards
Abhishek

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
@Tejas Khoday

This is an amazing feature.

Few things would make it even better (first one is definitely needed):

1. Can you ask the dev team to put them near the date/time axis at the bottom, near the price action in some of the charts eclipses the PA. Bottom helps (just like how TV has for earnings and other calendar events).
Attached pic, two D's right in the middle or around price action PA.

2. As you have earnings calendar and future corporate actions integrated in Fyers One, can you get the same on Fyers web charts, so lets say results of a certain company or board meetings.
Basically integrate view-> board meetings (today, tomorrow, forthcoming) which is there in Fyers one, to be visible on the chart of Symbol which has these events happening.
This helps immensely, because as traders we dont care the outcome of an event, but if we know there is an event lined up in future, or it is happening today and so on, and this is how price reacted, before, during and after, we can see them all on charts. (Usually on result days volume will be highest in that Qtr, but does not happen all the time and this helps)

3. Would be nice to have encircled A for announcements for the symbols which have announcements which are under view -> announcements under Fyers One.
Ideally would love to see what that announcement just by clicking on A, but it may be tricky to embed an URL to NSE/BSE (which is there in announcements window in Fyers One), but an A signifying there is something happening in this Symbol would help traders.
[This would be difficult as lot of events come during market hours as well]
Thanks, @ragsid :)

1. If it in the middle, it interrupts the charting experience. Hence, it is above the candles. Secondly, we chose to put it above the candle and not below.

2. Good feedback, but will take some time.

3. Keeping track of all updates and plotting them on all stock & futures charts is what's tricky. This will take some time too. Not a priority at the moment.

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
I'd suggested it about a year ago, so I'm glad that Fyers has gotten around to making it happen, though not sure if it shows any upcoming events or not, which can be pretty useful to know beforehand - https://www.traderji.com/community/threads/fyers.105097/post-1281283
Thanks for suggesting it @Newbie Day-Trader. As I said, these things take time but we had made a note of your feedback and decided to take it up when we could.

What we have done is for past corporate actions. For future events, hmmm it will take some time.

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Hi @Tejas Khoday

I have noticed something and i even asked Support about the same and they said it is how it is.

Whenever i take a overnight position in commodities then the profit or loss is adjusted at the end of the day and i am presented with a NEW COST THE NEXT DAY.

This perturbs my calculations and i have to remember at what price was the actual trade carried out.

Support team says it will be like this only.

Can you not have it where it shows the original purchase / sell price like how the others do ??

For eg. in zerodha crude mini i purchased yesterday for 3947 .... it is still showing my position purchase at 3947...
I had done the same purchase of 1 mini in Fyers yesterday at around the same levels... But today my purchase is showing at 3966.... so whatever profit was there has been squared off and credited to my trading fund balance and i am presented with the new purchase price.

So now i will need to mentally try and remember at what price i had actually purchased yesterday so as to keep track of overall profit or loss....

Requesting you to kindly keep the system where it is NOT SQUARED OFF automatically.

regards
Greg
Hi Greg,

As per the F&O MTM settlement mechanism, the net positions of the carry-forwarded positions are shown as per the previous day's closing price. A few brokers have decided to show the original price instead of the previous closing price. However, the norm is still showing it as per the exchange files. You can check the original entry price in the following ways:
  1. Contract Note
  2. Back-Office
  3. Manually record it from the Order book for future reference.
Unless we receive feedback from many users, we will not be able to take this up anytime soon.

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Is it possible to set the CANDLESTICK in FYERS ONE from 9.15AM-9.45AM? As of now, when I choose 30 minutes, the candlestick appears from 9.30AM to 10 AM. I want a 30-minute candle from 9.15am-9.45am. Is it possible to do that in fyers one (and other platforms)?
The mechanism used for the first candle is slightly different in FYERS One because it has a customizable feature. However, you can get 30-minute candles in FYERS Web from 9:15 AM. In fact, you can get the following time-frame charts:
  • 1 minute
  • 2 minutes
  • 3 minutes
  • 5 minutes
  • 10 minutes
  • 15 minutes
  • 20 minutes
  • 30 minutes
  • 1 hour
  • 2 hours
  • 4 hours
  • 1 day
  • 1 week
  • 1 month
  • 12 months
Hope this helps.

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Can you please tell me how and also point to where the fibonacci retracement tool is in the WEB version? I can do it in the ONE version, but the web version is confusing. Any help would be appreciated.
Here's how to do it:
  1. Click on the Third Icon on the Left-hand side vertical menu.
  2. Click on the 10th option (Fib Retracement) as shown in the image below.

FYERS Web - Fib Retracement.png