Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Do u want to perform similar automatic way to mark the option position "Do not exercise" (as per new rule), if the cost of exercising the option is greater than what we stand to gain, just like some other discount brokers?
Such automatic strategy from brokers side surely reduce lots of burden from traders.
Have you used it yet?

headstrong007

----- Full-Time ----- Day-Trader
Have you used it yet?
No, NSE just released the Circular today, that NSE(BSE also) has found a fix for the STT anomaly on exercised options. The members/brokers need to place a 'Do not exercise' flag (i.e. to mention N” against the positions in the file) on all such CTM contracts(mentioned as below) within the stipulated time.
Zerodha said, in their thread, it will be automatic, the client needn't do anything here. So, just asking you. :)

Below is the circular.

https://www.nseindia.com/content/circulars/CMPT35635.zip

bpr

@bpr, we don't get the exact updates that you see on tradingview. Currently, we do have renko charts but without wicks. How much of a priority is it for traders at the moment? If it is not too urgent, we can take up this feature later.
Updating the tradingview api should be your highest priority. they keep releasing a lot of small enhancements .. it is always better if you are close to actual version as tradingview if not latest. if you are building custom features you have to make sure it is not preventing you from updating the api.
Otherwise it is like stuck in a old application, defeats the whole point of using tradingview which is remain at cutting edge.

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Updating the tradingview api should be your highest priority. they keep releasing a lot of small enhancements .. it is always better if you are close to actual version as tradingview if not latest. if you are building custom features you have to make sure it is not preventing you from updating the api.
Otherwise it is like stuck in a old application, defeats the whole point of using tradingview which is remain at cutting edge.
Yes, we are and will be in line with them. It's just that the updates are not going to happen at the exact same time and frequency. Also, there maybe features which are exclusive to their portal and full access might be difficult. That being said, we're not going to build stuff that will prevent us from updating the API. Its just that we're more focused on Indian markets than they are. So the features we build will he suited for Indian traders/investors. We are fully aware of this but thanks for your advice.

Dear Sir, Sorry for disturbing you again

Kindly suggest me one trading strategy , based on your scanners and tools provided in Fyers One X software

I am watching Unusual Volume, Intraday recovery tool, Support Resistance tool, Open Interest Up Price Up, OI Up Price Down..

Which tools are good for intraday either individual or combination of tools , can be used.. if possible with screenshots please.

Last edited:

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Dear Sir, Sorry for disturbing you again

Kindly suggest me one trading strategy , based on your scanners and tools provided in Fyers One X software

I am watching Unusual Volume, Intraday recovery tool, Support Resistance tool, Open Interest Up Price Up, OI Up Price Down..

Which tools are good for intraday either individual or combination of tools , can be used.. if possible with screenshots please.
Hi, I personally do not suggest any trading strategies. But you are free to discuss with other members on Traderji. Usually, most traders look for more than one or two confirmation points before entering trades. For instance, a stock breaking R2 with a higher open interest and volumes could be a sign that the market is bullish and hence worthy of a trading signal. I suggest you use the resources on the website to discuss how you can use our features.

For basic information, read these posts on Brainstorm:

cloudTrader

Hi Tejas,

In the Account Opening Form it is given that Brokerage is 2% or Rs. 20 per order whichever is lower. I have never traded on Web Platform & not used Trade from Charts feature so I thought That I will start with your Web Platform and that too with Equity Cash segment for getting acquainted with the features on small turnover and then switching to Futures & Options.

Now with 2% of turnover brokerage it seems the whole point of having two plans is missing. If I trade very nominal value of shares & say my turnover is Rs. 10,000 then also 2% means Rs. 200 brokerage so the lower is Rs. 20 & it will be charged. So how does it helps ? I remember you earlier said in this thread that the plan is 0.01 % or Rs. 20 whichever is lower.

Thanks.

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Folks, these are the new features added on Fyers Web today:
Hi Tejas,

In the Account Opening Form it is given that Brokerage is 2% or Rs. 20 per order whichever is lower. I have never traded on Web Platform & not used Trade from Charts feature so I thought That I will start with your Web Platform and that too with Equity Cash segment for getting acquainted with the features on small turnover and then switching to Futures & Options.

Now with 2% of turnover brokerage it seems the whole point of having two plans is missing. If I trade very nominal value of shares & say my turnover is Rs. 10,000 then also 2% means Rs. 200 brokerage so the lower is Rs. 20 & it will be charged. So how does it helps ? I remember you earlier said in this thread that the plan is 0.01 % or Rs. 20 whichever is lower.

Thanks.
@Leonid , it has been revised downwards before we started our Traderji thread. Our charges are given on our pricing page. The 2% < 20 was launched as an experiment but after feedback, we immediately revised it as per market standards. It was the brokerage charge and not turnover charges. The turnover charges for equity is ₹325 per crore (0.00325%). Calculate your net transaction cost here: Fyers brokerage calculator.

We have made the changes in our account opening forms too. Usually, we send typed forms to clients so we hadn't uploaded it on the website by oversight, thanks for pointing out. It is being done as I type this message.

Update: The new form is now uploaded in the downloads section.

Last edited:

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Folks, we added some features on Fyers Web (Live now):
  1. Convenient search function for options - As you know, adding options contracts to your watch list can take more time due to the drop down selection method used in most existing trading platforms. To help you save time, we have improved our symbol search query as follows:
    • Upon typing the symbol name in "Search - Add Symbol", it will show you the most relevant options contracts. The list of calls & puts are sorted based on 10 strike prices above and below the underlying price.
    • Near month expiry contracts will be shown first.
    • Type the symbol name and expiry date to get next and far month contracts.
Here's a screenshot for your reference:
Fyers Web -  Options Search function feature.png

2. Day's % change introduced in the holdings tab: Upon receiving feedback from clients, we introduced this in Fyers Web. It helps understand today's percentage change of each stock held in your account. Check the screenshot for your reference:

Fyers Web - Daily % change in holdings.png

More new features on the way. Stay tuned..

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
No, NSE just released the Circular today, that NSE(BSE also) has found a fix for the STT anomaly on exercised options. The members/brokers need to place a 'Do not exercise' flag (i.e. to mention N” against the positions in the file) on all such CTM contracts(mentioned as below) within the stipulated time.
Zerodha said, in their thread, it will be automatic, the client needn't do anything here. So, just asking you. :)

Below is the circular.

https://www.nseindia.com/content/circulars/CMPT35635.zip
Yes, the circular was updated on our Circulars page when it was published by NSE. Recommend you to use that page because it is more convenient and updates are accurate. I was surprised when you said (Like other stockbrokers). Yes, it will be automatic in our case too. We'll act as per the NSE circular to avoid STT traps.

This new circular comes as a great relief to everyone managing risk (traders & brokers).