hey @Tejas Khoday, this is about intraday leverage:

”With regards to F&O – most contracts are already leverage 4 to 8 times (higher in currency/commodity). That is the nature of derivative contracts. If a broker is offering leverage intraday, it would be getting blocked from his capital

*(btw, with all the new regulations coming in, I don’t think brokers will be allowed to offer intraday leverage in F&O soon)* "

From Nithin Kamath's reply to a thread on TradingQnA, the part between the asterisks, is that true?

Also Karthik Rangappa confirmed it in a way (see image attached), your take on this?

Nithin's reply thread: https://tradingqna.com/t/discount-brokers-and-high-leverage/50864/3

Attachments

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Honestly... your order execution is way fast than Zerodha ...for this one thing I was finding another broker... as I already told that last 45-50 days I was doing intra trades on Zerodha app and I am profitable every day except 1 day.

Though your execution is fast after we submit order...

But but.... before submitting order we have to do a lot of selection which makes execution efficacy in vein ...

There should be option for selection of default order settings.
Appreciate your honest feedback @sach007. Apart from the selection process and horizontal charts, what do you think of the app?

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
hi "we can not authinticate ur credential, pls chek ur internet connection". i am getting this messege after trying to log in today in fyers one(saturday). but in web version i can log in. so is my fyers one blocked. previously also i faced same error. i had also upstox dartstock installed in same system but till yesterday it was working fine. just opened commodity account and now worried. upstox datstock working ok
Hi @kaly422000, Could you please write an email to [email protected]? We'll resolve this.

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
it is like a alternate platform. fyers one is best though
Yeah, it can be an alternate platform but running 2 Order Management Systems, multiple software and running processes for them individually does not make sense because if one platform goes down, the intraday positions on the other OMS are not updated. This can create a problem to square-off open positions from the alternate system such as NEST in this example.

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
hey @Tejas Khoday, this is about intraday leverage:

”With regards to F&O – most contracts are already leverage 4 to 8 times (higher in currency/commodity). That is the nature of derivative contracts. If a broker is offering leverage intraday, it would be getting blocked from his capital

*(btw, with all the new regulations coming in, I don’t think brokers will be allowed to offer intraday leverage in F&O soon)* "

From Nithin Kamath's reply to a thread on TradingQnA, the part between the asterisks, is that true?

Also Karthik Rangappa confirmed it in a way (see image attached), your take on this?

Nithin's reply thread: https://tradingqna.com/t/discount-brokers-and-high-leverage/50864/3
Recently, some officials from NSE asked us if we are providing intraday leverage for Equities & derivatives. What a strange question to ask any broker, especially those who have clearly published everything transparently on the website. The inquiry goes on, Why are you providing leverage? And we're like of course it's obvious because every broker in the stockbroking industry provides intraday leverage. It's a no-brainer thing to do to stay competitive in this market. Yes, there are rumors floating around and although I can't say for certain, it may happen. Not sure! The rate at which regulations are being changed, it can't be ruled out!

Why would they do this? Because SEBI is concerned about the leverage in the system! Derivative to Equity turnover ratio makes them uncomfortable and this has been publicly declared in a white paper last year when they were considering banning retail participation altogether in the derivative markets. In a recent circular dated 26th December 2018, NSE increased Margin Period for Risk (MPOR) from 1 day to 2 days! This effectively means that the margins required to trade derivatives will rise. Why? Because if the price scan range increases for the worst loss scenario, then the margins required per lot will go up accordingly.