Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
I agree with you it is a mess. The recent judgement adds to the confusion.
But have you ever traveled to foreign countries. To get a visa most would ask for finger prints at the least and more ...Will you ask them the same thing ?
"Am I criminal ?"
No you are not a criminal but it help authorities to nab the criminal faster.
Adhaar can do the same in India and dramatically reduce criminal activities.
Now do you support it or not ?
Every and any app that a user downloads on a smartphone on Ios/Android Play Store is a security risk because the app can access information on the phone (Live location, Access to contacts, media etc). Also, Google, Facebook, and other such sites should be banned because they sell/monetize user information from companies. The Aadhar issue became unnecessarily political and the UIDAI failed to instill faith in the people by providing a proper explanation on how it intends to limit access to companies and handle security threats.

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
@Tejas Khoday , you claim that you give 100% brokerage refund to your clients if they win the 30 Day Challenge right? Are you sure you will refund full amount if I have generated some huge amount like 30,000?
Hi @MJ123,

Yes, that's right. It may be hard to believe but we have refunded brokerage far in excess of ₹30,000 for winners of the 30 Day Challenge!

I agree with you it is a mess. The recent judgement adds to the confusion.
But have you ever traveled to foreign countries. To get a visa most would ask for finger prints at the least and more ...Will you ask them the same thing ?
"Am I criminal ?"
No you are not a criminal but it help authorities to nab the criminal faster.
Adhaar can do the same in India and dramatically reduce criminal activities.
Now do you support it or not ?
I don't want to argue because it's a tricky issue, so there will be differences of opinion, plus, this thread isn't about politics but the main difference between visa & Aadhar is that we have a choice to travel somewhere or not, so if someone is concerned about their data potentially being leaked by a particular country, then they can choose not to travel to that country whereas with Aadhar, there was no choice, & the government has no right to deny basic rights to citizens of their country just because they don't want their private data exposed, it is authoritarian at its core; on the other hand, the less is said about the security & honesty of most parts of our government the better (& I'm NOT talking about particular parties or anything but the entire political system & bureaucracy). As has been pointed out already, there were already so many documents in existence anyway, so this was just another stupid scheme by government to blow taxpayers' money. As for catching criminals, just like other official documents are misused, so will be Aadhar. In a few years, I wouldn't be surprised if they came up with some other government ID scheme to waste even more tax-money while lining their own pockets.

bpr

I don't want to argue because it's a tricky issue, so there will be differences of opinion, plus, this thread isn't about politics but the main difference between visa & Aadhar is that we have a choice to travel somewhere or not, so if someone is concerned about their data potentially being leaked by a particular country, then they can choose not to travel to that country whereas with Aadhar, there was no choice, & the government has no right to deny basic rights to citizens of their country just because they don't want their private data exposed, it is authoritarian at its core; on the other hand, the less is said about the security & honesty of most parts of our government the better (& I'm NOT talking about particular parties or anything but the entire political system & bureaucracy). As has been pointed out already, there were already so many documents in existence anyway, so this was just another stupid scheme by government to blow taxpayers' money. As for catching criminals, just like other official documents are misused, so will be Aadhar. In a few years, I wouldn't be surprised if they came up with some other government ID scheme to waste even more tax-money while lining their own pockets.
your argument is valid about choice .But you ignore to notice my point that in reality no one would cancel their travel plan just becuase of privacy concern.
Again you ignore my indirect point that privacy data point is blown out of proportion.
Lot of things can be misused does not mean we stop using that e.g Internet banking. Gullible people lose money to fraud do you think they stop using internet banking. There is campaign by banks to educate masses how not to not share your password /pin.Detect Phishing emails etc No bank is saying you are illiterate/idiot, can't handle it ...stop using internet banking/ATM to their customer.
My Gmail was hacked once ...Did I stop using it ? No
Adhaar will be no different.
Adhaar is not going anywhere. The govt will find a way to use it that fits within the judgement.
Will be interesting to see what will brokers do now.

your argument is valid about choice .But you ignore to notice my point that in reality no one would cancel their travel plan just becuase of privacy concern.
Again you ignore my indirect point that privacy data point is blown out of proportion.
Lot of things can be misused does not mean we stop using that e.g Internet banking. Gullible people lose money to fraud do you think they stop using internet banking. There is campaign by banks to educate masses how not to not share your password /pin.Detect Phishing emails etc No bank is saying you are illiterate/idiot, can't handle it ...stop using internet banking/ATM to their customer.
My Gmail was hacked once ...Did I stop using it ? No
Adhaar will be no different.
Adhaar is not going anywhere. The govt will find a way to use it that fits within the judgement.
Will be interesting to see what will brokers do now.
Again, just because most people will do X, Y or Z, doesn't mean it's ok for the government (or anybody else for that matter) to force it on those, albeit few, who don't want to do it. It is authoritarian. I'll leave it at that.

@Newbie Day-Trader, Yes you can load option chains and yes the OI change is available in % too.
I'd not explored Fyers One much since chart-trading & position-sizing-tool on Fyers Web have been the main draw for me, so didn't realize that Fyers One had option-chains. Nonetheless, I'm not able to see Change in OI; the "Chg" column seems to be showing change in price, & I'm not seeing Change in OI column in Add/Remove Columns setting either. Please let me know if I missed something.

@Tejas Khoday sir, Is FYERS planning anything similar to Zerodha Q where your clients can get a detailed reports of their trades? Eg. equity curve, trading patterns, win-loss ratio, winning/losing days etc. One easier way to do this by just listing the broker with websites that already do it eg. www.edgewonk.com and www.tradersync.com
For Edgewonk Fyers has to generate the trade reports in one of the formats that Edgewonk can import. Otherwise option is to enter trades manually. It is ok as long as one has 2-3 trades a day for manual entries. The next thing with Edgewonk is, it is good for positional kind of guys, not for intraday traders (who take few trades a day + enter/exit in multiple orders), and if one is scalping (multiple rounds for few points with multiple entries/exits) it is NOT the tool at all, they have issues with multiple entries/exits.

Check this - https://stage5trading.com/platform-solutions/s5-trade-analyzer/ They are a broker in the US and as they have the order/trade info, everything happens in real time and it is beyond what Edgewonk can do. Also check - https://futurestrader71.com/recordkeeping-and-trade-performance-analysis/ You might have heard about FT71 its his brains behind this tool. This has support for all but its their proprietary tool, brokers here can look at it and develop similar or better one.

10 years back brokers in India all they gave was terminal, 3-7 years back few started giving charting also + now integrated tools like Fyers1, and now this may be the next thing which really helps traders analyze what they did. Lets see who does it first.

D.Hatkar

Never stop learning.
For Edgewonk Fyers has to generate the trade reports in one of the formats that Edgewonk can import. Otherwise option is to enter trades manually. It is ok as long as one has 2-3 trades a day for manual entries. The next thing with Edgewonk is, it is good for positional kind of guys, not for intraday traders (who take few trades a day + enter/exit in multiple orders), and if one is scalping (multiple rounds for few points with multiple entries/exits) it is NOT the tool at all, they have issues with multiple entries/exits.

Check this - https://stage5trading.com/platform-solutions/s5-trade-analyzer/ They are a broker in the US and as they have the order/trade info, everything happens in real time and it is beyond what Edgewonk can do. Also check - https://futurestrader71.com/recordkeeping-and-trade-performance-analysis/ You might have heard about FT71 its his brains behind this tool. This has support for all but its their proprietary tool, brokers here can look at it and develop similar or better one.

10 years back brokers in India all they gave was terminal, 3-7 years back few started giving charting also + now integrated tools like Fyers1, and now this may be the next thing which really helps traders analyze what they did. Lets see who does it first.
Thank you for your detailed reply. Really appreciate it. And yes, let's see who does it first.