Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Hi Could you please advise on this
say you have carried forward loss of 2 lk from previous year because of Options trading

and this year you have income from house as 1 lk and FD income 1 lk and salary income 4 lk

can we offset current year 1 lk house income and 1 lk FD income with previous yr 2lk option loss and pay income tax only for 4lk salary income based on our IT slab?

Its bit urgent. could you please reply. Thanks in advance
Hi John, You can get in touch with our tax filing & Audit partner to answer your urgent clarifications - https://cleartax.in/business/partner-fyers

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Just for the sake of argument - Quite a bit of Physics evolves just by theorizing.

For instance, data for blackholes were gathered decades after it was first theorized. Also, gravitational waves. Also, String Theory.

So, what you have is a multitude of theories and when decades / centuries later, when data gathering is possible you match the data with the theories.
True! When the multiple theories will be tested decades/centuries later, they will either be proven or disproven. Essentially, the availability of data is the main reason why old scientific theories are busted and get superseded by their successors. Fortunately, the scientific community operates with an objective rule set, without hesitating to admit their failures. But the same can't be said about other discretionary research in the world of trading / investing etc. :)

Last edited:
Today i shorted nifty, and order got rejected due to option market order not allowed; now question is world second largest and liquid script nifty is not safe for market order then why allowing illiquid fno stocks and why stoploss with market order. there is also huge risk than liquid script nifty. wat kind of joke made by fyers management its just unacceptable for me. also who r scalper how he can scalp with limit order.

Attachments

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Hey there,

We are looking to hire an experienced person for the role of Communications Manager. I am keen on those who have full-time trading experience of at least 2-3 years. Instead of posting ads on job portals, I thought why not reach out directly on TJ to see if anyone would be interested to join my efforts in communicating with our clients and the community at large. FYI, we give higher priority to those with practical knowledge of trading rather than the bookish, tie-wearing, marks-scoring MBA types :).

Here's a link, which provides more details - https://fyers.in/job/communications-manager/

Last edited:

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Today i shorted nifty, and order got rejected due to option market order not allowed; now question is world second largest and liquid script nifty is not safe for market order then why allowing illiquid fno stocks and why stoploss with market order. there is also huge risk than liquid script nifty. wat kind of joke made by fyers management its just unacceptable for me. also who r scalper how he can scalp with limit order.
Hello @sanjufunda,

Yes, I acknowledge that near-OTM, ATM, and ITM index options contracts are liquid. I will give you clarity on why we have blocked market orders for options and how you can scalp without any troubles using limit orders.
  1. Far OTM index contracts and OTM contracts of stocks become illiquid towards expiry as the activity starts to fade.
  2. The trading system recognizes the users' fund availability to enter a trade based on the Last Traded Price (LTP).
  3. The exchange provides only Level 2 data to the brokers (Best 5 Bids/Asks). This is not sufficient to gauge liquidity in options because the order book is full of spoofing by Program Traders (Algorithms). Hence, we cannot authenticate the fund availability based on the best bid/asks.
  4. In cases where there is little to no liquidity, allowing market orders will jeopardize risk management. For instance, it will allow the trader to enter a position in excess of the fund availability in the account. It may result in debits which is not a desirable outcome for either the client or us.
To scalp effectively using limit orders, you will need to do the following:
  • Long - Enter a limit price, equal to or higher than the best (Lowest) Ask Price for the order to go through as a market order.
    Example: To buy a call option who's (Lowest) Ask Price is 100, enter a limit price at 100 or higher.

• Short- Enter a limit price, equal to or lower than the best (Highest) Bid Price for the order to go through as a market order.
    Example: To sell a call option who's (Highest) Bid Price is 100, enter a limit price at 100 or lower.
Hope this clarifies.

Hello @sanjufunda,

Yes, I acknowledge that near-OTM, ATM, and ITM index options contracts are liquid. I will give you clarity on why we have blocked market orders for options and how you can scalp without any troubles using limit orders.
  1. Far OTM index contracts and OTM contracts of stocks become illiquid towards expiry as the activity starts to fade.
  2. The trading system recognizes the users' fund availability to enter a trade based on the Last Traded Price (LTP).
  3. The exchange provides only Level 2 data to the brokers (Best 5 Bids/Asks). This is not sufficient to gauge liquidity in options because the order book is full of spoofing by Program Traders (Algorithms). Hence, we cannot authenticate the fund availability based on the best bid/asks.
  4. In cases where there is little to no liquidity, allowing market orders will jeopardize risk management. For instance, it will allow the trader to enter a position in excess of the fund availability in the account. It may result in debits which is not a desirable outcome for either the client or us.
To scalp effectively using limit orders, you will need to do the following:
  • Long - Enter a limit price, equal to or higher than the best (Lowest) Ask Price for the order to go through as a market order.
    Example: To buy a call option who's (Lowest) Ask Price is 100, enter a limit price at 100 or higher.

• Short- Enter a limit price, equal to or lower than the best (Highest) Bid Price for the order to go through as a market order.
    Example: To sell a call option who's (Highest) Bid Price is 100, enter a limit price at 100 or lower.
Hope this clarifies.
I can understand this, atleast allow without margin mkt order; myself buying only one lot with 1L where actual price i know max 10k per lot as risk management. I am totally against margin trades but this is not making sense in such liquid script u guyz turn off mkt order due to not able to calc margin (calc on based of maximum loss+10%extra) no issue.
Till time I will see further option or trade future. I want actually quick trading system with chart not want watching order window and askbid for it as i know liquidity before placing order.
In fast market your suggestions not practically possible to watch ask bid best price order place, if order open thenre-edit again and again except watching wat is happening in market.
@Tejas Khoday

My issue are as follow:
1. I am watching fut price then buy/sell option; so i m not predefined which price of option i hv to buy/sell because it’s depends on spot/fut price. So cant place early limit conditional order when future reach that particular price then option buy.
2. I hv to place multiple order of required different legs of option strategy same time now this is difficult for me to wait one order confirmed then place second order (snap i hv added).
3. Mostly my position big no of size i cant wait for fully execution of order; due to this reason yesterday i hv to forceful bought at 66 when i caught price 60 just because of limit price i hv to chase and given 10% costly rate to buy.
4. I clearly told i dont want leverage or margin so its not difficult to calc margin and fund balance requirement.
you also acknowledge atm and near otm itm liquid then wat is the issue; i m telling i dont need stock option or far otm option.
so kindly request you to see my case different way and allow option mkt order for me atleast as a full time trader i must required this. You as brokrage house best among all discount broker i admit this.

@Tejas Khoday

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

john302928

Yes we have acquired the BSE license for all segments. But we haven't announced it yet because we want to finish the pending work with MCX first.
1.Any idea howlong will it take?
2And do you provide quarterly charts in tradingview api?
3can we enter custom time frame charts?
4are you providing historical chart in trading view api from the day stock was listed in exchange?