Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Hello All,

1. Orders are going through. The exchange asked us to reduce the leverage provided to our clients because the margin utilized was higher due to the recent change in their policies.

2. Pending orders have been canceled (This happened in 2 phases. First, NSE canceled all the pending orders when you faced the issue. We then expired those orders in our system after reconciling with the exchange. This was when you were not able to cancel orders).

Why this happened? This month onwards the exchange is blocking SPAN + Exposure Margin for intraday trades. By doing this, brokers' ability to provide leverage has been reduced (As per the Kotak Committee report's suggestions which have been implemented afrer SEBI's approval). Essentially, this is a direct effort to reduce leverage for intraday trading for everybody.

3. This happened to us today because we provide higher leverage than other brokers at 4x. To give you a perspective, we block approximately 15,000 for a Nifty futures position from our clients, but now the exchange has started asking for more margins from us.

We are working on finding a solution.

Last edited:

anildnr

Hello All,

1. Orders are going through. The exchange asked us to reduce the leverage provided to our clients because the margin utilized was higher due to the recent change in their policies.

2. Pending orders have been canceled (This happened in 2 phases. First, NSE canceled all the pending orders when you faced the issue. We then expired those orders in our system after reconciling with the exchange. This was when you were not able to cancel orders).

Why this happened? This month onwards the exchange is blocking SPAN + Exposure Margin for intraday trades. By doing this, brokers' ability to provide leverage has been reduced (As per the Kotak Committee report's suggestions which have been implemented afrer SEBI's approval). Essentially, this is a direct effort to reduce leverage for intraday trading for everybody.

Thank you for answer tejas..but the problem is this is happened during trade time..anyway now it is solved

This is available for Pro a/c only on TV, just like vol Profile etc. If you check the symbol here: https://www.tradingview.com/x/43dqXP9R/ on top left hand corner, this is a ratio chart of BANKNIFTY/NIFTY, likewise I can do any of the math + - / x or 1/ (inverse chart) - https://www.tradingview.com/x/iwzKK17a/ (sometimes helps in seeing the chart from other end) or any 2 symbols available https://www.tradingview.com/x/hQo2pk5w/ (NIFTY in dollar terms)

This function is very useful for this kind of ratio analysis or in case of options, I can easily plot straddle/strangle charts, by giving two symbols, lets say:
NSE:NIFTY18JUN10700CE+NSE:NIFTY18JUN10700PE (TV does not have NSE FO data, hence I cant :( )
@Tejas Khoday Looks like you guys have found a way (not same as I was looking for, but as an indicator in indicator panel, which works too time being) to do this on Fyers web as I see you have added spread/ratio ( - and /) as indicator, I really hope to see the others too + x 1/ too.

Hello All,

3. This happened to us today because we provide higher leverage than other brokers at 4x. To give you a perspective, we block approximately 15,000 for a Nifty futures position from our clients, but now the exchange has started asking for more margins from us.

Thank you for explaining the situation from a broker's perspective.

How does this effect the cash market trades? Will you keep providing the CO margins at their existing levels? For eg., BAJFINANCE at 20.83X
Leverage Provided or will that change too?

https://fyers.in/margin-calculator/bracket-cover-orders/

@Tejas Khoday
Is there a way to make popped out windows in Fyers One independent of the home/main Fyers one window? Lets say I pop out a chart or workspace from Main/home window, when i minimize the home window other windows/workspace also gets minimized, that should not happen :( the popped out Windows do not become independent of home window. Kind of becomes useless even when you are multi monitor setup (am sure you can understand and see/feel it too, as you got X monitor setup too).

Please fix this.