cloudTrader

Hello Everyone,

What is your opinion/experience of NSE Bond Futures? Your feedback will be helpful for us to take a look at it. Currently, we are not offering it on our platform. Today, I spent some time with NSE officials who gave us some insights about the product and how lucrative it could be for retail traders since the margin requirements are really low. It was a fruitful discussion and we got to learn about NSE's upcoming initiatives which are nothing short of brilliant.

Looking forward to your feedback.
Really nice to know that there are upcoming initiatives which you have termed as brilliant. Just like to know whether these initiatives will be brilliant from perspective of the exchange or the retail traders ? :)

pannet1

Really nice to know that there are upcoming initiatives which you have termed as brilliant. Just like to know whether these initiatives will be brilliant from perspective of the exchange or the retail traders ? :)
hi,
sarcasm does not help anyone. besides this is not z thread either. ::D

TraderGYO

Hi @Raj232, According to me, the execution matters more than the charges. Also, we have many features which other trading platforms may not have and I don't want to get into that in my post. Instead, I will explain how this Bracket Orders (B0) functionality works so you will this understand this in greater detail.

Example:
  1. You place a limit buy order for 3 lots of Nifty Futures at 10500. You place a Stop Loss at 10350 and Target at 10600.
  2. Until the first leg of the order is executed (Partially or fully), the Stop Loss and Target orders are stored on our servers before they are sent to the exchange.
  3. Your order gets partially executed (1 lot).
  4. Now, your Stop Loss and Target orders are placed on the exchange order book as 2 separate orders (1 lot each).
  5. Suppose, the price comes back to 10500 and the other pending lots also get executed at the limit buy price.
  6. Now, the same pending Stop Loss and Target orders are placed on the exchange order book as 2 separate orders (2 lots each).
It is a more sophisticated than cover orders and hence due to the above-mentioned mechanism, the brokerage tends to be more if the trade gets executed in parts. It is not possible to combine all of the above orders into 1 single order.

Hope this clarifies.
Absolutely agree with this approach. I just have one query , would it be possible for you to provide limit-stop loss order under such bracket order mechanism? It might save traders from black swan ticks.