Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerodha

Question to zerodha.

Sir i have purchased 1000 stock of ongc under trade code DD0118 but unfortunately for the last 2-3 trading days i have not been able to sell under cnc code as i am told exchange has not delivered to Zerodha. its a huge inconvenience for me . pls sort out for me.
Hi Pari,

There was a long weekend and last thursday was also a DP holiday because of Mumbai election.. Hence stocks bought on Wednesday or on Friday, might still not showing up on your holdings..

Zerodha

Guys, did any of you hear from Zerodha about MCX accounts? Last I checked was on friday, when they said accounts are open, we will communicate on Monday/Tuesday.
Account opening welcome letters would be sent today and tomorrow for MCX. Trading should start on Thursday or latest Friday. The delay has happened, because one of the guys at exchange who was supposed to give a final go has suddenly decided to take an off... :annoyed:

msa5678

Hi Samit,

1. We have been working very hard and all of us got a long weekend off, thanks to lord Shiva.

2. MCX for retail trading is still not live so we are not obligated to work on sundays or govt holidays, when the stock markets are closed...
Traders are the most impatient of the species.:)

Guys or Zerodha,

Just Like ODIN DIET, do we have setting in NOW or NEST TRADER for connecting to the servers using proxy server? I did try to look for it, but unfortunately was not able to. Please let me know if you know where to find it.

Cheers!
@Zerodha, I re-checked on NOW again, I couldn't find place where I can configure proxy. Well, you know my issue of not able to connect sitting behind FW as the port is 56000, even NEST TRADER (for MCX immediately and FO/MCX in future) is also the same 56000, I really don't know why Omenysys don't use 80. I thought I will check a paid proxy service to connect, but I couldn't even find a place in NOW to configure too. Can you please let me know, if I am missing something?!!!

Cheers!

EDIT: Just checked nowonline.in it seems working now for me. For some reason nowonline.in wasn't working behind FW few days back, now it seems fine. Also, would like to know if NEST TRADER will have web interface?!

Last edited:
Hi Samit,

1. We have been working very hard and all of us got a long weekend off, thanks to lord Shiva.

2. MCX for retail trading is still not live so we are not obligated to work on sundays or govt holidays, when the stock markets are closed...
@Zerodha, hope you all enjoyed your long weekend.
I am eagerly waiting to see few good feedbacks on your new commodity platform. I was under impression, this was supposed to start from 20th.. but I think I might have to wait for few days more to watch some good comments on this forum.
.. best of luck

Trader J

GOLD = 1000 grams (1 KG)
GOLDM = 100 grams
GOLDGUINEA = 8 grams
GOLDPETAL = 1 gram

The price of GOLD and GOLDM are quoted in Rs. per 10 grams. The price of GOLDGUINEA is quoted in Rs. per 8 grams. The price of GOLDPETAL is quoted in Rs. per 1 gram.
Thanks, Ninja Trader and Augubhai,

How much minimum money need for trades ? are my below calculations correct ??

GOLD=1000 Gm= 5 % of 2,800,000=Rs 140,000
GOLDM=100 Gm=5 % of 280,000= Rs 14,000
GOLDGUINEA=8 Gm= 5 % of 22,200= Rs 1110
GOLDPETAL=1 Gm= 5 % of 2800=Rs 140

Please let me correct.....Thanks:)

Shekar,

By response is good, I meant more people joining the system...

As far as survival, guys!! our operational costs are really low and even if 80% of you are making profits, we will still be profitable...

But the idea is to keep you all happy!!! ;)...
:clapping::clapping::clapping: ...ZERODHA is very big hearted company ever seen in India, no one want to lose even 1 % of there profit....but its great that Zerodha dont care there 80% profit for just they want there client to be happy....Thanks Zerodha:)

:clapping::clapping::clapping: ...ZERODHA is very big hearted company ever seen in India, no one want to lose even 1 % of there profit....but its great that Zerodha dont care there 80% profit for just they want there client to be happy....Thanks Zerodha:)
Do you really think Zerodha will loose anything because of this Zerodha Challenge scheme ? They will increase their clients and the turnover substantially and will make more profits.....but this scheme is win win for both good traders as well as Zerodha and that is how it should be.

Very imaginative way of increasing the business and keeping the clients happy. Good initiative on their part...

Smart_trade

Do you really think Zerodha will loose anything because of this Zerodha Challenge scheme ? They will increase their clients and the turnover substantially and will make more profits.....but this scheme is win win for both good traders as well as Zerodha and that is how it should be.

Very imaginative way of increasing the business and keeping the clients happy. Good initiative on their part...

Smart_trade
Totally agree and second that, its a business they are running, there should be rationale behind everything that's done. If you look at the Forex/ECN/CFD brokers across, they usually have these contests/challenges every month and will be on throughout the year, to get new interest.

Smart_trade
The people who actually get a refund, will be the ones who use stops, take regular profits, and have a well defined system. Hmmmm... that puts 99.98 % of people out of the question. Including me.

Status
Not open for further replies.