Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerodha

Dear Zerodha
can i trade with NSE NOW offline sofware because some other firm said that if i don't have NCFM license with me they are not going to give me offline facility i.e. i can't login and trade from my home in comfortable platform what is your's rule about this can i trade from home in NOW offline with Zerodha.
Sitting in home and trading is not called offline, it is called online.... offline is where you go sit with your broker or trade through the phone....

We give you online platform, NOW exe(software), NOW webbased and NOW mobile, all online and you trade on your own... We don't have any branches, so you can't really do any offline trading(other than call n trades)....

Hi Zerodha,

Do you have any plans of a partnership with any Overseas trading firm like IIFL and ICICI Direct? They allow us to trade abroad in Equities and ETFs on Nasdaq / Dow / FTSE etc. However, the charges and margins required are very steep for a retail investor trying to diversify.

The ETFs on NSE only have exposure to Nasdaq 100 and Hang Seng Bees.

i Shares is the global product of choice for a global investor. It's a shame we Indians still don't have access to it.

Hi darkstar,

Whoever said we don't cater to small accounts.. If you read the previous post, for us a small account or big account doesn't really matter.. Every client is uniform to us, just because a client buys 300 lots of nifty we don't kiss ass or just because you trade 1 lot we neglect you... We are the only brokers today, who don't charge a minimum brokerage... You buy equity for Rs 100 for a day in our percentage plan, the only amount that will show in the contract note would be Rs 0.01 ... If we didn't care about the small traders, like every other broker we would have had a minimum Rs 20 per contract or etc..... Our name Zerodha stands for ZERO + RODHA( barriers in sanskrit) or Zero Barriers... We wouldn't name our company this if we intended to acquire clients and then increase charges... We are planning to have interesting things that can be done on the pricing from the next financial year, which could save you costs even from the present levels..... Cheers...
what is that plan didi id became effective now could you please discuss it here?

I very quick question sachin, How dose one put a stop loss once a trade is executed.(NSE now platform)

If its not to time consuming please give an example.

1) if I am Shot at 4200 (sl at 4215)
2) if I am Long at 4200 (sl at 4185)

Some one at your office told me I will have to put a counter order, but wont it block more of my margin.

A quick reply in this would say me a lot of screen time :D and least to say money too.:p

Thanks

columbus

I very quick question sachin, How dose one put a stop loss once a trade is executed.(NSE now platform)

If its not to time consuming please give an example.

1) if I am Shot at 4200 (sl at 4215)
2) if I am Long at 4200 (sl at 4185)

Some one at your office told me I will have to put a counter order, but wont it block more of my margin.

A quick reply in this would say me a lot of screen time :D and least to say money too.:p

Thanks
In ZERODHA it won't block any margin.

There are 2 ways to close a trade.

1.Market order
From net positions ,you initiate it by choosing the order.

1.Limit order
By placing a counter order.In Zerodha it won't block fresh margin.

In ZERODHA it won't block any margin.

There are 2 ways to close a trade.

1.Market order
From net positions ,you initiate it by choosing the order.

1.Limit order
By placing a counter order.In Zerodha it won't block fresh margin.
thanks Bhai,

That was a big help, I live in humble city of Pune, we lesser souls of this city have lot of problems of electricity, so between changing my internet connection from cable to data card some minutes are spent and it may prove disastrous in volatile markets.

Thanks for your help:thanx:

Zerodha

Hi Zerodha,

Do you have any plans of a partnership with any Overseas trading firm like IIFL and ICICI Direct? They allow us to trade abroad in Equities and ETFs on Nasdaq / Dow / FTSE etc. However, the charges and margins required are very steep for a retail investor trying to diversify.

The ETFs on NSE only have exposure to Nasdaq 100 and Hang Seng Bees.

i Shares is the global product of choice for a global investor. It's a shame we Indians still don't have access to it.
Hi investor,

We are presently taking baby steps... :) ... Everything will be available over time, nothing planned on this presently!!!!! Cheers!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.