Status
Not open for further replies.

ranger123

Hello Zerodha member,

I want to know how fast is NOW soft ware on the mobile phone. Is they work at same fast as on the PC. Also tell me what kind of mobile phone is necessary to get NOW soft ware to working on trading. If you can tell me name of some cheap mobiles phone then it is good also.

Thank you.

Zerodha

say i long 1 lot bnf and not closed it till end of the session and you close it for me as i dont have margin money to hold.then 40 rs is my total brokerage?or 40 rs plus the RS.22 you debiting in my ac?
All the trades that we close for you will have the additional call n trade charges.... 20 rs extra plus 10% of Rs 2 as service tax and hence Rs 22... Everyone has access to the SPAN file and will know exactly what is the margin requirement...

Zerodha

Hi,

I bought Nifty PE worth 25K. How ever, in the Margin used, it is showing 35k, 10k is for Unrealized MTM. What is this Unrealised MTM and why this amount is blocked?

Please respond.
Thanks
Syam Sundar
If you have 25k worth of options and making a 10k loss, it will be showing this as unrealized loss and will be blocking from your 25k... Can you please check this once again tomm, it will not show you 35k, if you haven't made a profit of 10k intraday... Do leave us an email on india@zerodha, we will call you back and explain how it works...

Zerodha

Some basic questions please (you might have answered them earlier across various posts here) related to the various charges. I am more of an investor than a trader. But when I trade (with delivery across few days interval) with my current broker, I am fleeced on the basis of brokerage.

1. Additional charges (STT+cess+etc) in addition to brokerage assuming that I am using your %age based option (not flat rate) - would be great if you can explain with some an example. Assume I want to buy 20 shares of RIL @ 1021rs. So, total trade charge is 20420rs. How much extra would be my out flow in terms of brokerage + taxes + DP charges + other charges?

We have a brokerage calculator, leave us ur email id on [email protected], will mail it to you...

2. Is the DP account with your company?

For DP we have tied up with IL&FS

3. DP Charges: Any charges per transaction? Monthly/quarterly/Annual charges? Is it based of the # of scripts held?

Rs 400 annually, Rs 200 is collected end of every 6 months...

4. Any other charges for using the software (monthly charges or per trade charges?)

NO

5. Is there some minimum brokerage per trade? (for brokerage at 0.1% or 0.01% depending on type of trade).

No minimum brokerage per trade or per contract note...

6. Slightly offtopic, but relevant: What are the transaction charges on mutual funds? As per the fund's described commission? or?

Presently we are still not letting clients buy mutual funds online...

7. Any other point you would like to highlight to us related to the charges? (something on the F&O side - which I dont venture into; etc).

The charges bit once I send you the calculator is self explanatory, all the costs and charges are mentioned on that sheet...

Cheers...

Zerodha

Hi Zerodha

Presently, I am making transactions through ICICI Bank. As Zerodha is still not tied up with ICICI Bank, and thus for ease of transactions I have opened an account with HDFC also. Please let me know how to update and link my new HDFC bank account with my trading account.
Send us an email of the scanned cheque leaf with a request to make your primary bank account as your hdfc bank account...

Zerodha

Re: how the brokerage for split trades calculated?

Hi
If i put an order for 1000 shares with disclosed quantity as 100 generally the trade takes place at 10 times. will the brokerage charged is 20 or 200 in this case? In some cases even shares in qty of 1 or 2 takes place? How you charge for these trades?
We charge you based on executed order numbers, so it doesn't matter how many trades take place in execution of that 1 order...

So if your 1000 shares is bought 1 share 1000 times, you still pay Rs 20 only... When you place an order exchange generates an order number this will be unique even if it is executed in multiple trades...

Also, if you modify a partially executed order, the order number doesn't change in the exchange, so you won't be charged anything extra.... For eg, if your 1000 shares buying, 500 got bought and 500 is pending... Now if you modify the price of the remaining 500 and it gets executed... You will be paying only Rs 20 for this whole trade...

Cheers..

Zerodha

Hello Zerodha member,

I want to know how fast is NOW soft ware on the mobile phone. Is they work at same fast as on the PC. Also tell me what kind of mobile phone is necessary to get NOW soft ware to working on trading. If you can tell me name of some cheap mobiles phone then it is good also.

Thank you.
Execution speeds on the NOW mobile version again will depend on your mobile phone connectivity speeds... But NOW mobile is an awesome tool to trade on... It works on blackberry, java, android and apple operating systems.... If your phone supports the OS, then it should work fine for u....

Zerodha

Dear Zerodha,

How much leverage u give us to trade in nifty n banknifty futures? [not for intraday]. plz explain the term also.

touchraj
Leverage is given only for intraday futures with us, to carry forward a future position you need the exchange stipulated margins...

If you are doing intraday, margin required is 50% of SPAN margin for all futures...

A penny saved is a penny earned... ;) ...

Putting up queries is alright, we could answer for him here itself... But it is always better not to divulge any information on a public forum.......

We have clients who are innovative!!!!!!!!! an extreme case is....

Client asks us to courier the trading forms, He receives the forms, tears the binding and then tears it to make individual sheets of the form...

He sends this thing back saying he has printed our form, with a cheque for Rs 200 for account opening( Rs 100 we waive off if someone prints the forms, 200 instead of 300).... It can happen only in India.... ;) .....
LOL :D

hahahahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.