Upstox - RKSV - Trade in Rs 20 Max

Raj232

My NEFT to RKSV was returned back to my bank-account. What's going on?
Not sure, unable to get thru RKSV /Upstox telephone lines 022-61309999. It gives an automated message stating you are in the queue and after 5-10 minutes, it disconnects.

You can't rely on Upstox charts for live trading. I've experienced that over the last several months.
I always keep Z's chart open on a different browser for technical analysis and use Upstox only for inputting orders.
If you're using Zerodha's charts anyway then I'm curious as to what makes you want to trade with Upstox.

Contra

If you're using Zerodha's charts anyway then I'm curious as to what makes you want to trade with Upstox.
De-risking.
Not putting all the eggs in one (discount broker) basket.
With assets divided between two discount brokers, I'm lowering the risk.
If one end fails, I can quickly move to the other.
Besides, RKSV used to be great till early this year. But the charts are a niggling point that prevents proper analysis.
To be honest, I've had on-off issues with Z as well (but their charts are a plus)

De-risking.
Not putting all the eggs in one (discount broker) basket.
With assets divided between two discount brokers, I'm lowering the risk.
If one end fails, I can quickly move to the other.
Besides, RKSV used to be great till early this year. But the charts are a niggling point that prevents proper analysis.
To be honest, I've had on-off issues with Z as well (but their charts are a plus)
Very good points. I wonder why RKSV's services are going down like this if they were good until earlier this year, I hope it's not a financial issue for them. I think charts are a very important issue but in any case, if you're able to trade off of Upstox while checking Zerodha-charts then more power to you. Right, I've also had a bit of a love-hate relationship with Zerodha since had they those major issues with their OMS a while back, & also stopped replying to queries here. :/

Last edited:

Contra

Very good points. I wonder why RKSV's services are going down like this if they were good until earlier this year, I hope it's not a financial issue for them. I think charts are a very important issue but in any case, if you're able to trade off of Upstox while checking Zerodha-charts then more power to you. Right, I've also had a bit of a love-hate relationship with Zerodha since had they those major issues with their OMS a while back, & also stopped replying to queries here. :/
This was one thing I wanted to highlight -- I sometimes get the impression that RKSV is more keen on catering to their education arm (Trade Academy) than permanently fixing the legitimate and long-standing issues of Upstox users & traders. One might end up assuming that Trade Academy is the real money maker (and major priority) for these guys. So those who just want to trade on a robust & reliable platform will be forced to look elsewhere.

Fact is, despite RKSV's head's assurances of revamping customer support, it remains a sticky point because their support staff still comes across as "out of the loop" and clueless. Their tax-compliant BO is not yet available. Inability to add Aadhaar details via BO (a facility that Z already has) is also not available. On charts, I've experienced prices disappearing or freezing at market open. On occasion, certain basic indicators like pivots used to sort of "squish" the candles and make them look weird, same with Renko... long story.

I sincerely hope they realize that they should prioritize traders, trading platform efficiency & funds payin/payout/NEFT issues first before expanding into other areas like education & algo trading.

Because, without the loyalty of traders consistently using a platform for days, weeks & years, other areas won't see sustainable growth.