Upstox - RKSV - Trade in Rs 20 Max

Ok, so it looks like the entry of 28 shares was charged as a single order (even though the execution was split into 25 & 3), & then closing orders were charged as separate orders of 25 & 3. So, it looks like an order larger than 2L would likely be charged a brokerage higher than Rs.20 (at least on the closing leg), if the entry-order gets executed in several parts.

I think earlier today I saw a notification flash on the platform about a webinar to be held at 4 p.m. I wonder if this will be about trading from the charts since RKSV had said that they'll have it ready by the end of the month but I don't know where & how we're supposed to attend it. RKSV, please provide more details.

I think earlier today I saw a notification flash on the platform about a webinar to be held at 4 p.m. I wonder if this will be about trading from the charts since RKSV had said that they'll have it ready by the end of the month but I don't know where & how we're supposed to attend it. RKSV, please provide more details.

Hi Newbie Day-Trader,

Webinar will be on programmatic trading. To attend click on the below link :thumb:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFuZh2HKpBg

Snake.Head

A single OCO entry-order split into 5 SL's & 5 TP's. It's very time-consumig (not to mention, annoying) having to modify all of those SL's & TP's individually when you have trades to attend to in half a dozen other stocks.

html image hosting
This not that useful if it is split order in mini order managing those order is headache
Will have to wait for Trade from chart to how well it is built

marimuthu13

A single OCO entry-order split into 5 SL's & 5 TP's. It's very time-consumig (not to mention, annoying) having to modify all of those SL's & TP's individually when you have trades to attend to in half a dozen other stocks.

html image hosting
hi
i too trade with Bracket order for commodity (not with RKSV), same thing for me too (multiple SL and TP's , all due to order filled partially, your ask and bid qty with respect order que's with exchange).... its nothing to do with RKSV, its nature of BO itself, none can do anything about it.

also same concern over brokerage ..my plan is 20 rs per trade....means for buying and selling 10 lots of crude oil in a single trade, i suppose to pay only 4o rs as brokerage whereas i am actually charged around 120-160 rs, because of multiple SL and TP's

i dint have problem of modifying SL's and TP's as i trade fixed SL and target.

This not that useful if it is split order in mini order managing those order is headache
Will have to wait for Trade from chart to how well it is built
Right, it's not useful at all then because the whole point of a BO is to save time but this, in fact, consumes more time if you have to modify all of these orders individually.
Well, irrespective of whether orders are sent from Watchlist or from charts, I'd think that their Order Management System would be the same, unless they actually found a way to resolve this issue altogether. They should at least allow us to quickly cancel & merge all of these orders into a single SL & TP in a couple of clicks.

hi
i too trade with Bracket order for commodity (not with RKSV), same thing for me too (multiple SL and TP's , all due to order filled partially, your ask and bid qty with respect order que's with exchange).... its nothing to do with RKSV, its nature of BO itself, none can do anything about it.

also same concern over brokerage ..my plan is 20 rs per trade....means for buying and selling 10 lots of crude oil in a single trade, i suppose to pay only 4o rs as brokerage whereas i am actually charged around 120-160 rs, because of multiple SL and TP's

i dint have problem of modifying SL's and TP's as i trade fixed SL and target.
Are you trading with Zerodha? Like I've said before, I've never used BO from any broker until now since RKSV are the first one that I'm working with, who offer SL-L entries for BO while other brokers I've tried only seem to offer BO's with simple Limit entries, which I don't like. Right, it's terrible having to pay several times the brokerage you were actually supposed to pay but I'm not really sure if this issue is completely unsolvable; like I've said, if they can't stop formation of multiple SL's & TP's then they could perhaps offer an option to right-click that stock in the Position Book to cancel & merge all such SL's & TP's into a single SL & TP quickly, instead of expecting day-traders to waste so much time in modifying orders as well as pay several times the brokerage. In case of commodities, at least there are lots, which can only be broken into a limited number of parts but imagine putting orders of similar monetary value in stocks, which might be broken into numerous chunks; just to illustrate the point, today, Apollotyre had an average volume of 18914 shares PER MINUTE & 315 shares PER SECOND, & mine was a very small order of merely 90 shares, which got broken up into 5 chunks, so just imagine what it could potentially do to a substantially large order, which might get executed in many dozens of little chunks, that's what I'm most concerned with, & I don't think I can dare to put in larger orders if they can't solve this issue.

marimuthu13

Right, it's not useful at all then because the whole point of a BO is to save time but this, in fact, consumes more time if you have to modify all of these orders individually.
Well, irrespective of whether orders are sent from Watchlist or from charts, I'd think that their Order Management System would be the same, unless they actually found a way to resolve this issue altogether. They should at least allow us to quickly cancel & merge all of these orders into a single SL & TP in a couple of clicks.

Are you trading with Zerodha? Like I've said before, I've never used BO from any broker until now since RKSV are the first one that I'm working with, who offer SL-L entries for BO while other brokers I've tried only seem to offer BO's with simple Limit entries, which I don't like. Right, it's terrible having to pay several times the brokerage you were actually supposed to pay but I'm not really sure if this issue is completely unsolvable; like I've said, if they can't stop formation of multiple SL's & TP's then they could perhaps offer an option to right-click that stock in the Position Book to cancel & merge all such SL's & TP's into a single SL & TP quickly, instead of expecting day-traders to waste so much time in modifying orders as well as pay several times the brokerage. In case of commodities, at least there are lots, which can only be broken into a limited number of parts but imagine putting orders of similar monetary value in stocks, which might be broken into numerous chunks; just to illustrate the point, today, Apollotyre had an average volume of 18914 shares PER MINUTE & 315 shares PER SECOND, & mine was a very small order of merely 90 shares, which got broken up into 5 chunks, so just imagine what it could potentially do to a substantially large order, which might get executed in many dozens of little chunks, that's what I'm most concerned with, & I don't think I can dare to put in larger orders if they can't solve this issue.
No, its not ZEROTHA, as they dont have BO for commodity. As u mentioned, most brokers offers BO in NSE with limit orders , no SL-L or SL-M.

But why are you looking for BO if u have to modify SL or target, that too for smaller order size in cash?

BO is meant for relaxed trading