Upstox - RKSV - Trade in Rs 20 Max

Re: RKSV - Unlimited Online Trading @ 1947/-

My observations with RKSV..

These are Pro's And Con's @ RKSV

Pro's

1)Very Good in brokerage prospective as they charge fixed/Month.
If you trade in multiple scrips with less volume this would definitely save bucks even if you compare brokers like ZERODHA.
2) NSENOW Terminal known for most of the people.. good if you have network fluctuations no need to reconnect etc..
3) Call and trade service is good. basically response is good/quick .
4) They have a 2 different product codes MIS/NRML
If you have already decision in your mind intraday/delivery while entry it's easy.

5)Transaction charge RKSV charge 230rs/Cr which is good in the market.

Con's

T+1 day on wads your future position margin will be locked 100% even intraday.
so only new trades with MIS will 50% allowed @Intraday Trading.

For example :- On day one you traded nifty (Rs. 5000 for 1 lot of 50 shares) using MIS option it requires margin in your account 12,875 . carry forward 100% i.e 25,750 . If you carry forward this position. this position will be locked margin of 25,750@100% on day 2 onwards....until you close.

MIS/NRML is little bit confusion. On given day you took entry in the morning @MIS and scrip is moving as per your expectation you want to go for overnight like BTST or couple of days has to convert this from MIS to NRML. Then only this position will be carry forward otherwise it will be squared off as you entered as MIS. This conversion you will have to be done it either in terminal or call them and convert it to NRML. NSE NOW Mobile app doesn't have this feature. if you have habit of trading @mobile app then it will be un easy to remember it and call them as you will have to depend on them and call them before 3:00 or 3:15 to convert it.. other wise you will miss this position.
Note :- This conversion willn't be charged... only call and trade will be charged 25rs/order . This 25 Rs doesn't include in fixed brokerage

overall experience is good .. But if these 2 Cons Rectified/re look 1) 50% margin for futures intrday until 3 from day two onwards 2) MIS conversion to NRML automatically or in Mobile app future.. if client want to ... RKSV can WIN more clients and tough to beat them until other competitors also release same fixed brokerage plan

My experience with them only on futures ...my points restricted to only futures trading . Charting prospective i dont use Now/Nest charts .. couple of 3rd party tool discussion going on this thread by senior members .. please go through it before you open account with them..:thumb:

Thx,
KP

Last edited:

Those people who are not a full time trader like me.. and cant sit in front of terminal all the time(specially after 1pm).. there may be small mistake(MIS/NRML) can cause LOSS/missing the opportunity to carry overnight .. running 2 potions intraday. May be carry overnight wrong positions if they don't remember 100% which option they selected while executing prior order /stop loss etc..

Thx,
KP

Last edited:

@RKSV,
Do you enable link to excel feature, which enables RTD to RT export data to excel?
I hope you must be, just want to confirm.
Yes RKSV NOW platform has the Link To Excel feature enabled in it. I am using it for Josh1 utility.

:thumb:

1 year free subscription ?? RKSV said 1 month free subscription :confused: Must be different products.

At present I am using the "Launch Plus" option in Now 1.7.1.1 and the result is far from satisfactory.
Yes , 1 year subscription is for NEST Starter & 1 month subscription is for NEST Premium which also includes the News Wire from Dow Jones.

I have subscribed for Nest Starter & not really satisfied with charts as the interface is quite unfriendly. Also when I take Tick data from the charts for Backfilling purpose, the data has a problem of mixing EOD values with the Tick data which is quite frustrating as the last Bar in the charting software is always a wrong one in the intraday chart as it is based on the EOD readings.

I hope Nest premium delivers in a better manner.

Trader J

This MIS/NRML really confusing stuff. FUTURES trading prospective .

today i bought BANKNIFTY @ MIS I PLACED AN STOP LOSS ORDER AS NRML( I really don't remember this option) my STOP LOSS triggered but two positions was running simultaneously@ INTRA DAY .

i am very lay man level. Its obviously very confusion and no one can remember/decide weather to go positional or intraday every time@ entry . decision should taken on the scrip move/risk/market condition etc...

This is suppose to be taken care automatically system level... Zerodha is good at it .. i have decided to continue my activity further with ZERODHA until this gets resolved ..Its just my personal opinion

may be its good for CASH MARKET . i don't know ..i usually play in futures @trading very rare i play in cash @ intraday so NO comments ..i do only investments in Equity

Also another reason no exposure if you have overnight potions in future next day market intraday hours. i agree 100% required to carry overnight ,.. its is one of the RISK management plan. but your 50% margin should be mentioned as something like * conditions apply...
:lol::lol::lol:

Thx,
KP
If RKSV will copy and paste ZERODHA RMS system, than RKSV will become No 1 to 10 Broker in India, and ZERODHA will go to No 11 , but they will not do it because there brokerage is limited to 1947 per month.

I would also like to suggest you that dont go for RKSV if you are F&O trader with margin because you may be save Rs 2000-3000 brokerage per month but may be you lost Rs 10000-15000 profit due to margin restriction and MIS system.

If RKSV will copy and paste ZERODHA RMS system, than RKSV will become No 1 to 10 Broker in India, and ZERODHA will go to No 11 , but they will not do it because there brokerage is limited to 1947 per month.

I would also like to suggest you that dont go for RKSV if you are F&O trader with margin because you may be save Rs 2000-3000 brokerage per month but may be you lost Rs 10000-15000 profit due to margin restriction and MIS system.
Hi Trader J
Definitely RKSV will be better in-terms of brokerage if they can provide us simple tweaks/modifications to their system I was trading with them since last 4-5 days . Overall experience with them has been good.

I have already posted above in this thread issues for me .

You are correct regarding margin Exposure prospective . They are bit lag in this front at the moment. I had a personal discussion with RKSV team that I am fine with 50% exposure but that should be given irrespective of positions until 3 pm…I also mentioned that I am fine with auto square off based on their choice after 3 PM if I don’t have sufficient funds to carry all the open positions after 3…But they said at the moment it’s not possible in their system… SO I am going back to ZERODHA.. But in case of any change and they are able to give me 50% EXPOSURE I would prefer to continue my relation with RKSV..:thumb::thumb:

As they are young and working hard to support user needs. they are interested to tweak their systems based on the genuine similar kind of multiple user requirements . Let’s see how it goes…:cool::cool:

Hi Trader J
Definitely RKSV will be better in-terms of brokerage if they can provide us simple tweaks/modifications to their system I was trading with them since last 4-5 days . Overall experience with them has been good.

I have already posted above in this thread issues for me .

You are correct regarding margin Exposure prospective . They are bit lag in this front at the moment. I had a personal discussion with RKSV team that I am fine with 50% exposure but that should be given irrespective of positions until 3 pmI also mentioned that I am fine with auto square off based on their choice after 3 PM if I dont have sufficient funds to carry all the open positions after 3But they said at the moment its not possible in their system SO I am going back to ZERODHA.. But in case of any change and they are able to give me 50% EXPOSURE I would prefer to continue my relation with RKSV..:thumb::thumb:

As they are young and working hard to support user needs. they are interested to tweak their systems based on the genuine similar kind of multiple user requirements . Lets see how it goes:cool::cool:
I guess you have paid the brokerage for July month ??