• March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DanPickUp

Gangaji,

The levels you gave that day was in fact very good.

Nifty was trading below the Pivot and the targets given are perfect.
Stop was also some points above the Pivot.

But I guess to shake out the short build ups markets moved swiftly giving no time for the bears to cover their shorts and triggering the SL came back again to the original level like an innocent child :D

How to avoid Stop lose - Is there any way to predict the market's movement like that ?

I made a quick scalp of 9 points with your short call :)

Best Regards,
JK
Hi JK

The main question is not : How to avoid stop lose. As this is not possible all the time, you better ask this :

How many time in a row can I take a stop lose compare to my trading account ? Doe's my money management include such cases or do I always put in the maximum risk I can afford, when taking any position in the market ?

DanPickUp

SwingKing

Shorts according to your account size can be opened if Nifty breaches and closes below 6015-6020.

This would definitely classify as a high risk bet. But in all the probability of move is in favor.

Be prepared for some whipsaw and be flexible to open longs again above this level.

Manage your risk well and protect your capital.

Guys this is not a recommendation. This is just what I am going to do. Thought of sharing with you. Hence if you are taking the trade be responsible for your own trade. I am writing this because I was reading few things some users have to say to Savant in his thread and I was absolutely perplexed to see some guys calling for his head. Not fair to contributors of the forum. No one is paying main contributors here. Hence before writing everyone has to think twice. I sincerely hope moderators have banned the concerned users rather than deleting their posts.

Tc
Have entered Swing Shorts @ 6022 Futures (Average)

Positions will be increased. In my opinion, we will be heading for much lower levels in the shorter term if we close around these levels. The stop loss remains at 6015-6020.

Tc

SwingKing

Does it also means exiting of all longs? Or shorting to hedge the portfolio???
Nimish,

Some of the longs are being exited because of SL being triggered. I absolutely never disrespect stops. Positions in defensives are being maintained. Its too early to call for Bull market's head. This is just routine range formation going on. Next stage is important as we will have to see whether this corrective mode gets spread into something big. Two of the biggest sectors (Bank and Autos) are cracking and hence we need to be careful. Lets see how it goes.

Tc

SwingKing

Raunak Sir,

It seems 2950 is the Short Term or may be Medium Term Support levels for SPOT NIFTY.

What is your opinion?

Regards,

Gangadharan
Gangadharan,

2950 would make everyone bankrupt. :)

I think you mean 5950. I'd say in this scenario, there is no level which is worth looking at. Hence just wait and watch.

Tc

Gang123

Seems like everyone(volumes) has shifted to SBIN Feb options. By mistake added Feb contract to my watchlist and was wondering what you were referring to.

Dear Aloyraj,

I bought 12500 SBI JAN CALL 2800 and sure of selling it above 45 if not today then next week.

Take Care.

Gangadharan:thumb: