Realtime Stock Quotes

People, give suny a break!!!

He has not said anything but I think you would like him to continue to support the product. I have seen many freewares die due to lack of support and maintenance. Remember yahoo changes the data format frequently which may make this product useless if it is not modified accordingly. Also new versions of AB releases may not work with this software unless specifically ported. So guys and gals cheer up and give full support to sunyhyd if you like the product.

S

sunyhyd

Thank you all for your support - findVikas in and shivpsin particular for being so understanding.

I intend to keep ManshiRT free. Software development is my hobby and I spend most of my time in this activity. Furhter, I am looking forward for your help and suppport so that I can keep on contributing.

I would like to mention that as far as testing (and other value add) is concerned, other than findVikas and vijbala there has been almost nill contribution.

Thank you

Raju

Hi,

Thanks for the software . I would give it a try and inform you the status in next week.

Thanks,
Raju

I get the following error:
Platform = Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2
Assembly Name: ManshiRT, Version=0.8.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Assembly Version: 0.8.0.0
Exception Source: ManshiRT
Exception Type: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
Exception Message: Could not load file or assembly 'TabStrip, Version=2.0.2523.29272, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
Exception Target Site: .ctor

---- Stack Trace ---
. ..ctor()
ManshiRT.exe: N00000
. .()
ManshiRT.exe: N00097

How do I resolve it?

earthy8

lazytrader

Brother, If you do not want to use it then there is certainly no push to you. Please stop visiting this thread but do not discourage someone's efforts. I have just taken AmiBroker's Standard License with data services for 6 months to start with and recommend you the same if you want real time data.

I do not think this is an advertisement trick, even if it is.. it gives you free data now. so use it as long as you are getting free lunch. You can stop using it when it gets paid like people do with all the software.

Being a software developer myself I feel sorry for my community, our hard work is hardly appreciated. Kudos Suny.. !!!
Have you used a software which works great and there are some problems that you go thought a lot of trouble to fix and have everything set up and just when it all seemed perfect you get a pop-up saying it has expired?

Nothing wrong in releasing software for testing and charge for it - only when the testers are informed in advance that it will only be available free for a limited period. Do you agree with me on this?

If you do then you will realize that when someone doesn't mention it at the beginning or ignores multiple queries about it they are bound to get such responses.

findvikas

Have you used a software which works great and there are some problems that you go thought a lot of trouble to fix and have everything set up and just when it all seemed perfect you get a pop-up saying it has expired?

Nothing wrong in releasing software for testing and charge for it - only when the testers are informed in advance that it will only be available free for a limited period. Do you agree with me on this?

If you do then you will realize that when someone doesn't mention it at the beginning or ignores multiple queries about it they are bound to get such responses.
I agree with you completely about the frustration that one could have if one face such situation. I do not know Sunyhyd personally or any other way but he told me that he intend to keep it free which I would not doubt if he is a Hobby Coder. He said it in the public forum as well but you never know :)

S

sunyhyd

I get the following error:
Platform = Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2
Assembly Name: ManshiRT, Version=0.8.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Assembly Version: 0.8.0.0
Exception Source: ManshiRT
Exception Type: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
Exception Message: Could not load file or assembly 'TabStrip, Version=2.0.2523.29272, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
Exception Target Site: .ctor

---- Stack Trace ---
. ..ctor()
ManshiRT.exe: N00000
. .()
ManshiRT.exe: N00097

How do I resolve it?

earthy8
Hi earthy8,

The error is saying that it could not find "TabStrip.dll" file. Please make sure this file which is a part of this release is available in the ManshiRT folder.

Thank you

Hey Sunyhyd,

K, heres what i inted to do, since my present winXP wont load .NET3.5 and i have a spare HDD, i'll start installing winXP ground up in bits and peaces in my spare time on the second HDD .. just so i get a clean install all the way up to .NET3.5
(This should tell you just how fantastic yr software is :) )

Before i start pls advise what else i need to have besides listed below ? :
- WinXP + SP1 + SP2
- .NET 1 to 3.5
- Java

(my SATA/Power cables snake out of my cabinet, so changing HDDs is not an issue, and since both HDDs would not be connected at the same time, my second installation sould be squaky clean and able to run yr program, kindly advice re the above)

Thanks