problem With BSNL Internet connection

chintan786

So, now is your only problem seeing your usage? Your previous problem of not connecting via BSNL has been solved?

If your user name is a 14 alphanumeric ending in 2008, trying logging onto bbservice.bsnl.in.

If you still have problems, check out this forum at:
http://broadbandforum.in/

my username is 12digit.. and yes it is alphanumeric.... and not ending with 2008..as far as this forum is concerned i am there from last two days....my id is Warlock....u can see same queries there also.

S S

Hi!

I have the broadband account with the India's Number One [USELESS?] communication company, which, even today, believes in communicating over landline alone. EMails are greek and latin, even today, for most of it's employees.

Good - Bad - Ugly is the performance.

Good : I get the actual download speed of 175 KBps at Bangalore. That is great.

Bad : The general attitude of the bsnl personnel, if and when the problem is reported, and the time taken to solve it, if it is solved.
:)

Ugly : The connection remains 'ON' but the browsing is NOT possile. I could have missed this point. But at about 3.30 pm, that I started replying to your comment and suddently the browsing stopped. It started after two hours. Reasons unknown.

That could be the problem at your end too. One message from you says that browsing started and the next says it stoppd. That is the time it stopped at my place too.

This, I have observed mostly on Saturdays and Sundays, so did NOT care much about it. Occassionaly, it also happens on weekdays. Cannot help it.

Cheers! Goodluck in making it applicable successfuly.
SS

chintan786

Hello Friends.. Today my BSNL conncetion strts working...BSNL told me tht they had given wrong PORTAL Id..... now i can able to check my usage...... regarding those sites which not get open..they told me tht ..it is a Problem with new connections.... then only work in "BRIDGE MODE"....not in PPoE ( where u can add ur user name and password in modem it self).......one more thing is..... daya before yesterday there engineer visited my place and after trying for half an hour....he told me tht....his firm get contract from BSNL ....so they are there for customer care only..regarding conncetion..they are not responsible if 1-2 websites not get open........

what ever documents i get i find following things wrong.....

1. Default gateway setting..... i have my own billion modem....they provided my setting for Linksys

2. Wrong portal id...this happens only with BSNL i think....

3. the DNS setting provide by them can be cracked or hacked so beware...use open DNS setting...... i have read this on many sites so tell u all...

and Finally thanks to everyone for taking pain to help me...

Warm regards,

chintan786

pleaseharsh

hello...
i own bsnl unlimited 750 plan 256/kbps....but seriously suffering from data continuty in the market watch....the data gets feed for 5-7 mins and then stops..i have to disconnect--> reconnect again and again....
is anyone suffereing same as me or the unlimited 750 plan in itself is bad

ps: i m not doing anything beside , otherthan my trading screen and traderji.com website..also checked on other pc...same low bandwith

hello...
i own bsnl unlimited 750 plan 256/kbps....but seriously suffering from data continuty in the market watch....the data gets feed for 5-7 mins and then stops..i have to disconnect--> reconnect again and again....
is anyone suffereing same as me or the unlimited 750 plan in itself is bad

ps: i m not doing anything beside , otherthan my trading screen and traderji.com website..also checked on other pc...same low bandwith
Both others I know, and myself, that use the 256Kbps unlimited plan have had very few problems with BSNL lately. In fact, over the last two years, I have had no need to contact their customer support and have forgotten their helpline number. It could be location specific in your case.

It would perhaps be best if you narrow the problem by first using the basic network diagnostic utilities -- ping and tracert. For example, on Windows in the command prompt window, you would see something like:

C:>ping traderji.com

Pinging traderji.com [72.52.250.195] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 72.52.250.195: bytes=32 time=332ms TTL=51

Ping statistics for 72.52.250.195:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 299ms, Maximum = 332ms, Average = 310ms

C:>tracert traderji.com

Tracing route to traderji.com [72.52.250.195]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 2 ms 1 ms 2 ms 192.168.1.1
2 13 ms 12 ms 61 ms 59.93.192.1
16 346 ms 319 ms 302 ms traderji.com [72.52.250.195]

Trace complete.

This helps narrow if it is a local machine/LAN, BSNL DNS/path, interconnect or destination server problem.

pleaseharsh

thanx whylately....
today morning its working fine...but manytimes it goes bad...i did ping as u said just now..the result is
ping traderji.com
min=383, max=390, avg=388

and for tracert traderji.com
it took 16 hops ...

does it convey anything .......
regards
harsh