problem With BSNL Internet connection

pakatil

For me in Chennai, BSNL is OK. As he said unlimited has bandwidth limit. 256 kbps ie around 30 kBytes per sec.
I am also using BSNL since 4 years. No major issues. May be some minor hiccups.
My Trading has never been affected.

May be I am in the Lucky League along with you...:D

Revati

Use following dns server ip

These are openDns.com dns server ips. Quite reliable and fast. register at the website to get additional advantage.

750UL bb plan suffers from low bandwidth as this particular port would have many subscribers attached thereby reducing available bandwidth.This results in dropped packets and poor response. Better to go for 512 Kbps UL plan.

Your tracert and ping stat are ok.

pk:)
I have 750UL plan and works quite well. But I face slow connection problem when I download lot of historical data from icharts website.

How to apply DNS settings? Will it cause any problems or access restrictions?

Thanks,
Revati

Revati

ALso when I open network connections, I see two connections, one for the LAN and other BSNL. So to which connection I should apply this DNS settings?

Thanks,
Revati

pakatil

I have 750UL plan and works quite well. But I face slow connection problem when I download lot of historical data from icharts website.

Thanks,
Revati
DNS does only resolving the Names. Once the URL is connected, its job is done. Download speeds not dependent on DNS.

pakatil

ALso when I open network connections, I see two connections, one for the LAN and other BSNL. So to which connection I should apply this DNS settings?

Thanks,
Revati
Two Connections in Network Connectins. :confused:
Do you have two Network Cards or are you using Broadband Modem in Bridge mode.

Cheers

pkjha30

Thanks,
Revati
750UL will give you approximately 30 Kilo Byte/Sec speed ( 256Kbps means kilobits per sec, you divide it by 8 to get actual speed in bytes since 8 bits=1 byte, it is one byte which represents one character or usable data)

for changing DNS setting log in to 192.168.1.1 in your browser. Normally default userID and Password is admin/admin unless you have changed it.
Go to advance setup and select DNS setting. enter above ip numbers and save. That should be it. As pointed out DNS resolves names . faster , the better. BSNL DNS is rather slow.

As for changing DNS setting in windows network. With two network icon, you have bridge mode connection. Click on Control panel from Start menu.Click on 'Network Connections' icon. Click on the LAN connection. In resulting page click on Properties page.In the dialog page there is a window under general tab listing all windows services. Scroll down to Internet Protocol(TCP/IP) and select it then click on properties button.You will get a page which will list IP address of your gateway ( 192.168.1.1) and Computer IP address(192.168.XX.XX, where XX is a generally a number from 1-255)
Below that you will have settings for DNS connection saying Use the following DNS Server Address. there is one 'Advance' command button.
Click on that.Go to DNS Tab.There will be a box with heading DNS Server Addresses in order of use. Click on Add command button and type one by one both IP addresses and click Add Button. Then use the up and down button to make these IP addresses first two addresses.Don't delete other addresses.They would be DNS IP for BSNL.
Click on OK on each page and close all windows. That's it. Second method is slightly longer.

Image for second method is as below

pk:)

hi pkjha,
I am using AIRTEL GPRS with SAMSUNG C130 mobile phone . it has data transfer rate nearly 5 kbps . Download of 1 MB file takes nearly 3 min.Will you please help me to increase the download speed
as always
thanks and regards

I have been using BSNL internet since past three years without any problem. Earlier I have used Reliance, Tata, Wireless tower etc....but none worked. Best part with BSNL is that there is no cheating.

rvlv

hi,

Three sources of problems
1your phone line is bad
2your modem is bad-you got bad model
3your settings are wrong.

4 TH Problem your not knowing and not wanting to know or least bothered mood.

If your Modem is DNA A211-1, model then it is sort of defective modem, you need to get it replaced.

then you may have settings problems.
If your id and pw are set in modem, no need to use any ipaddress etc.
In the network connection settings-properties just choose
Obtain ip address automatically, and
Obtain DNS server address automatically
both above need to be checked in
TCP/IP iNTERNET PROTOCOL PROPERTIES.

iF YOU DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU READ,JUST DONT FINGER YOUR SYSTEM.
call bsnl man and he will fix it.
If your phone line is not good, dont do anything else first get phone line fixed.