Journey of an Intraday NIFTY Trader with 5 Lakh Initial Capital - REAL TRADES

milkyblack

Please crop the screenshot like this View attachment 38121
Cropping the TB in this format will not give the details about the avg buy/sell price etc. The info that you can see in the bottom pane of the window.

Here SL -33 points.

In the first trade +9 points , I assume it as target .

Can you explain your target/SL/ RR ratio.
The second trade did not hit the target as I mentioned in the post, the trade was closed at eod, as all trades are intraday so had to close it.
Target is to trail the trade once it gets into profit or book when price action suggests so. So far we have not had any profit trade as such from the time I started this thread. Today's trade also was closed because I had some commitments and hence had to leave early.

What is the limit of number of trades you can take per day? I see in excel you reduced risk to 18k per trade, first trade u lost 12k ( if i am thinking correctly), considering a SL of 20 P for 2nd trade you would have risked more then 5 % today including Taxes.

Also I am assuming you pay 150 ( per lot ) as minimum is around 124.73 with 0% commission intraday

Also since this gives you 25 trade opportunities ( after commission you would be left with 22 trades) did you decide max drawdown?
No. of trades to be taken in a day is limited to 2. Irrespective of profit or loss on the first trade. Yes you are right 1st trade was -12K. And with 18K per trade it comes to 36K max loss for the day, So that is going to be 8% loss in day, if both trade hits the SL, can it happen, yes of course !

I have mentioned in the excel that I am keeping Rs 2.5/- lot as cost of trading, which is on the higher side that is Rs 187.50, I think with most of the brokers Rs 2.5/- per trade cost is reasonable.

With such high leverage that is being taken a DD of 30% can easily hit. 15% being a very common thing that will keep on happening on a regular basis, and no alarms will be raised. The current DD is 10%, with 5 trading days over, 4 days in red.

Today was a small profit day, nothing that changes anything. So far no tweaks to the strategy has been done other than taking care of the wrong trade that was taken yesterday which costed 12K. Proper system has been implemented so that such errors do not repeat, other than this 12K all other losses are part of the system.

Also I would like to appreciate all the members here who are taking interest and posting their comments and thoughts to this thread, it helps me to learn a lot from your wisdom. And along with you I look forward to see this capital to grow overtime, by being consistent and stick to the system (which includes a very little bit of strategy, somewhat aggressive money management & lots of psychological issues to address as the days progress)

milkyblack

What are your exit rules? I am wondering why did u exit the profitable position so early? Hope its not due to previous trade losses.
So far no trades have been taken or exited for any psychological pressure. I had mentioned yesterday that will update the excel and thread in the night, the reason was a pre planned other engagements that I had this left early from terminal.

If any trades taken other than the strategy, entry or exit I will mention it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk