Journey of an Intraday NIFTY Trader with 5 Lakh Initial Capital - REAL TRADES

MSN1979

Today's trades. Excel updated.
Edit updated the image to show the bottom pain properly
View attachment 38032
can u please post chart for your trades? Also If you can mention if you took short or long.

your risk was 4+% today.

PS: Good Luck, Will be watching the thread

Last edited:

milkyblack

Good Luck brother..

Since you said the primary focus of this thread is risk and money management and making capital grow using aggressive compounding, please include a column "Stop Loss" level in that journal, so that the risk associated with each trade can be known.

Thanks
Thanks for your wishes and the input regarding the SL, I will update the sheet this weekend which will reflect the risk part too.

milkyblack

Best of luck for your nifty intraday trading
What are the factors you consider while entering the nifty trade.
Thanks for the wishes. I will be trading this strategy based on 5 min TF on nifty futures, core of the method is price action.

you are trading with 600 Q NF in 5 lakh capital ? or these are multiple trades ?
Today it was just one trade with 600 qty

can u please post chart for your trades? Also If you can mention if you took short or long.

your risk was 4+% today.

PS: Good Luck, Will be watching the thread
Thanks for the wishes. Today's trade was a short trade. As I have mentioned in my opening post, once the strategy is giving profits I will share the things I look for before entry and exit in details. There is no point discussing about the strategy if it is not a profitable one.

Core focus for now is consistency and managing risk in case of drawdowns (like current situation) and scale up aggressively when in profit.

MSN1979

Tried to write 3rd time and deleted. To be honest not interested in strategy. But need some visual markings on chart to relate as to what was traded. Hope thats no to much to ask.

Most of the xp traders here know what you traded ( no I am not xp myself) I have a hunch that you traded a pull back but that's pretty much it. Anyway my point is nobody wants to see the thread to see I made this much today and lost that much. So My interest to come here would only be if I can

1. Learn, about chart postings (of your trades) ( this can still be done without sharing the strategy)
2. Learn ,How you manage the trades and work with MM and RR

Please don't see me as a troll, I wont comment about this again if you still decide not to post charts

milkyblack

Tried to write 3rd time and deleted. To be honest not interested in strategy. But need some visual markings on chart to relate as to what was traded. Hope thats no to much to ask.

Most of the xp traders here know what you traded ( no I am not xp myself) I have a hunch that you traded a pull back but that's pretty much it. Anyway my point is nobody wants to see the thread to see I made this much today and lost that much. So My interest to come here would only be if I can

1. Learn, about chart postings (of your trades) ( this can still be done without sharing the strategy)
2. Learn ,How you manage the trades and work with MM and RR

Please don't see me as a troll, I wont comment about this again if you still decide not to post charts
Firstly, the thought of you being a troll never came in my mind, but I do understand your concerns about the charts and things related to it. You may mark the price points on the charts and try to extrapolate what you see and share.

I have been in that zone of charts and strategy for a very very long time, and have worked hard for years from morning till midnight trying to find the right chart setup. And after I zeroed in on few I went to trade the next day, only to return back to the drawing board again and start the same process once again. It took me no where.

It's not only me who says that setups play small role in overall trading, but anyone with core understanding of the markets and how money works will say the same thing.

There are many chartists who read the chart pretty well, but yet unable to convert their studies into money. As a trader it is of no use to me. What a trader should look for making money, even if it is by a simple setups with average understanding of charts.

What is the key difference then? It's the mind. Get fixated in searching for a holy grail and you will be still searching even 10 years from now. Trading is like sports there is no a particular way to bat or bowl or hit a shot, but yes there are bigger premises of rules which one has to stick to in sports as well as in trading.

If I post charts here and discuss strategies and then mostly eod we will have a discussion why it did not work and if we could use a xyz filter or change the time frame or an indicator could have avoided the loss etc. will just divert my attention from my primary goal and the members of this forum who has moved on to higher levels of trading and realize that, money management, risk management and mind management are the next level that needs to be worked upon, and I will not divert from the main objective this thread.

VJAY

Dear MB,
Nice to see you here
Last many years you completely off from forums...once again to drawing board!!!
Hope your technics of MM and psychology might be help here all...looking to forward your educative posts here

Sent from my ASUS_X00TD using Tapatalk

milkyblack

Dear MB,
Nice to see you here
Last many years you completely off from forums...once again to drawing board!!!
Hope your technics of MM and psychology might be help here all...looking to forward your educative posts here

Sent from my ASUS_X00TD using Tapatalk
Hi Vijay, really good to see your post too and glad you remember. Hope you are doing great!