HotForex

Status
Not open for further replies.
speaking of failing trades the other day i was reading about "Stop Hunting" and this guys was discussing (in a forum) how it feels like the market always goes against you whenever you enter a trade, and the tendency is you cut you lose and suddenly the market moves to your favor, I have encountered such situation and if you do not know what you are doing it is going to be another losing trade.. people say that the broker is going against you, but this guy was explaining that it is not the broker, but the financial firms and bank are the ones who are doing it...

I guess that's another factor for the that adds to the 90% fail/lost trades! here i go again speaking out my mind, I hope Im making some sense here :) and please don't quote me one this, I repear DON'T QUOTE me for I am also in the process of learning :) anyway, I agree people should not focus on spreads too much in general, low spreads may serve as a bonus. :)

Yes, I entered a trade on the EUR/USD with 0 spread.
There are many brokers that are going with next to 0 spreads. I remember in 2004 when the spread on the GBP/JPY was 12 pips. Now its 3, at times.

I'm with Hot Forex, not because of the spreads, but because their customer service and entire company has been excellent up to this point.

With the leverage, brokers have their way of making their money. The spreads can be a smoke screen, as is evidenced by the fact that on occasion I get 0 spread. Brokers know 90% of all traders fail.
I don't use the webtrader much, it makes me dizzy :) but at times I do process orders or close them on my Iphone, but thats about it. :)

4xpipcounter

Tamaa, you hit on something that is truly a pet peeve of mine.
First, do me a big favor. Go find the one that said the brokers trade against them, blah, blah, blah. Direct him to me, we will set up our own little thread somewhere, and when we are finished everyone will be convinced there is no such thing.

(Look out! Pips is off to the races.) People that use that excuse, use it as the excuse for their own failures. It is so easy to blame, than take personal responsibility. After all is it kind of humbling top say, "I just plain messed up." Well you know what? It might be humbling, but if you can address the personal problem, admit you messed up, the while outcome can be very profitable in the near future.

(Still rolling.) Now, let's go to the common sense department. It's beyond common sense to say the broker is trading against poor little me. Forex is a $4 trillion per day industry with 100's of brokers. In the name of common sense, please, PLEASE, tell me how can they all collaborate together to trade against someone's piddly million. Do you get the picture??? Most here do not have a million, but stack that up to $4 trillion, and then on top of that, 100's of brokers who are all going to have the same rates. Would you please tell me how a broker can make the price go against you as soon as you get in.

(More common sense.) Many traders, especially newbies, want to get in the trade so bad, they chase it. The trend is going south, it's got on its running shoes, trader thinks I want a piece of the action, then jumps in. Ahhh, hello!?!?!?. If you want a piece of the action, your methodology is supposed to discern that before you get in.

I'm reminded of a song, "Hungry like a wolf". Direct your buddy this way. That's how I feel.

Okay, now I'm done ranting. All I really wanted to do was just make the point. Anyone think I'm wrong? Then, please, bring your proof to the table and let's talk.

BTW, I got an AUD/USD that was up by 31 pips, and now it is down by 4 pips. ...
Lousy brokers. As soon as In got in the trade, they saw it take off in my direction, and then they traded against me--LOL.
Maybe I traded against my brokers. After all, I haven't closed a losing trade all week.
PIPS, Would you shut-up!!!

Oh,okay. Good-night!

speaking of failing trades the other day i was reading about "Stop Hunting" and this guys was discussing (in a forum) how it feels like the market always goes against you whenever you enter a trade, and the tendency is you cut you lose and suddenly the market moves to your favor, I have encountered such situation and if you do not know what you are doing it is going to be another losing trade.. people say that the broker is going against you, but this guy was explaining that it is not the broker, but the financial firms and bank are the ones who are doing it...

I guess that's another factor for the that adds to the 90% fail/lost trades! here i go again speaking out my mind, I hope Im making some sense here :) and please don't quote me one this, I repear DON'T QUOTE me for I am also in the process of learning :) anyway, I agree people should not focus on spreads too much in general, low spreads may serve as a bonus. :)

I don't use the webtrader much, it makes me dizzy :) but at times I do process orders or close them on my Iphone, but thats about it. :)

Hi Ctech,

Thanks for your advice. I have decided to use hotforex for MT4 only and use my IFOREX account for web based trades.

Hi 4x,
Good luck on this new role. I am sure you will succeed. You are really lucky to get this opportunity and if you perform well, it will be a life changing experience for you.

Let us know how many pips you made for them :)

Regards,
Mehool.

4xpipcounter

Mehool, humbly, I like to say trading has been life changing. I was fortunate to be in the right place at the right time to have the opportunity that I do now, but I did not need it. I'm just being frank about it.
Here's some more bold confidence that I hope will inspire others. It is never "'if' you perform well." Our methodology gives us a distinct advantage over the markets. The markets are trapped. They can only go up or down. With a coin flip, you have a 50-50 chance. With a sound methodology, you chances increase immeasurably. When you have a chance read one of my Weekly Forecasts or the Weekly Previews that come in the week following. That's the advantage. I use my Weekly Forecasts to trade by.
Any rate, I don't want to be held to giving a weekly update concerning the hedge fund, but I did make it 19% last week. I rode the EUR/JPY mercilessly last week as I netted on it alone <> +276 pips.

Hi Ctech,

Thanks for your advice. I have decided to use hotforex for MT4 only and use my IFOREX account for web based trades.

Hi 4x,
Good luck on this new role. I am sure you will succeed. You are really lucky to get this opportunity and if you perform well, it will be a life changing experience for you.

Let us know how many pips you made for them :)

Regards,
Mehool.

4xpipcounter: Its really refreshing dropping by the thread and reading once in a while, I can't avoid at times when you get caught in all that thinking then find your self trapped in a never ending argument with myself due to stress :)

dropping by the forum and reading is one way to clear my head and I do enjoy reading your posts :) I hope that I could do the same thing trading a whole week with out a single lose :) >.<

on a lighter note, I guess its official that our broker is the best broker in asia for 2012 as per World Finance UK (I think) :) its kinda reassuring and hopefully its going to be a good year for all of us :)

4xpipcounter

Tamaa, I'll admit to be a little absent-minded at times, but I don't ever recall being in an argument with you. Maybe our views may have been different, but I don't consider that an argument.

Keep in mind, when I do talk about the weeks of no losing trades, they are the exception. My total win-loss percentage is 85%, so you know I lose 3 out of every 20 trades. Weeks like that are more fun to talk about than losing weeks, like I had a few weeks ago (shhh).

Tamaa, define a methodology, stick to it, and it will not be "hopefully its going to be a good year". It will be a good year, if it's trading we are referring to.

Here's an idea: First, I'm glad you are enjoying my posts. I do try and make it entertaining, along with the real core of why we are here. Nevertheless, view the entertainment as window dressing.
What you want to do is find a trader you have the most respect for and confidence in. Latch on to that one, and see the world through his eyes. What will start happening is that things will evolve. You will plot your chart according to that methodology, but then you will begin to see things that become personal to you. Things, at that point, truly begin to develop. You will then base decisions, not on what someone said, because Tamaa said. It is a great feeling when you get to that point.

I'll give a couple of examples, and one will be personal. First, there are many respected traders in this forum, but let me use one of them as an example--Kavima.
She gives much credit to Timothy Morge for her personal development as a trader. The thing I've observed is that she has personally added a few spins from her own observations that has also benefited her.
Personally, I've done the same thing. My silent mentors has been "The Great One" (The phrase I coined for him.), Max McKegg, and the people at Action Forex. If you look at their methodologies and compare to mine, you will hardly notice a resemblance. This is because of the evolution of my methodology after learning from them.
Here's something even nicer, and you will feel good when you get to this point. In my development, I used to make my forecasts, then see if they agree with Max or AF. Now, I make my forecasts to see if they agree with me. Sounds conceited. No!!! It's a confidence all traders need to have.

In a way, I introduced you to the phaseology of trading.
Good reading? I'm glad. Bottom line: Take the steak and potatoes of this post, find your favorite trader, latch on for dear life, then later, you'll be checking to see if his forecasts agree with yours.

4xpipcounter: Its really refreshing dropping by the thread and reading once in a while, I can't avoid at times when you get caught in all that thinking then find your self trapped in a never ending argument with myself due to stress :)

dropping by the forum and reading is one way to clear my head and I do enjoy reading your posts :) I hope that I could do the same thing trading a whole week with out a single lose :) >.<

on a lighter note, I guess its official that our broker is the best broker in asia for 2012 as per World Finance UK (I think) :) its kinda reassuring and hopefully its going to be a good year for all of us :)

I really appreciate it man, means a lot and I will take it with pleasure. :) I know the road of forex is still a long one ahead of me, and I will continue to try and strive and learn more with each passing day :)

regarding the arguments, I was referring to my self since I do end up in a never ending argument whenever I over think things and I tend to escape that by droping by forums and reading :)

4xpipcounter

In my thread, the one thing I've encouraged is to share opposing views. I think there is a difference to disagree because of obstinacy, and maybe in your case, to disagree because this is the way you see it, so you are asking to abet your interests in learning.
There are lots of briers and thorns on the learning curve. By asking, sharing opposing views and keeping an open mind is the hedge you need in whacking down those briers and thorns.

BTW, if it will be of some help, click on my signature. It will take you to my thread. I did a series on the ichimoku that is a simple click away from your own PDF file, with a very special thanks to Vikirit.
I'm also 9 insertions into my Price Action series, which I hope will be of an interest and a help to you.

You can pop in, ask questions, make comments, and yes, even disagree. It's all good as far as I'm concerned because it benefits everyone, me included.

I really appreciate it man, means a lot and I will take it with pleasure. :) I know the road of forex is still a long one ahead of me, and I will continue to try and strive and learn more with each passing day :)

regarding the arguments, I was referring to my self since I do end up in a never ending argument whenever I over think things and I tend to escape that by droping by forums and reading :)

Status
Not open for further replies.