Going with the Intraday Mini-Flow!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TFL

Thanks ST and other friends,
I normally keep a word document open while going thru this thread and the 60 min flow and keep copying and pasting the important and relevant portions into that document which over time becomes a compilation of important things. When the document becomes bulky, open another one and name it part-2. Guess all other serious members can do this as the thread itself is now like an ocean and digging into it to find something is now very very difficult.
Bee
Good Job Bee,

I just write it down on my Rules Paper File and keep it aside always...
Share your word files here once in every month or so.

:)
Haribird.

Posting the 15 min chart of yesterday's (31-10-2008) Nifty Futures. I saw a post yesterday when the market action was on,asking about how we have pivot on 15 min. Having undergone this difficulty myself earlier I thought of sharing what I have learnt about identifying pivots.
The market was doing a big sideways movement on 30 min chart ( our prime timeframe) from 12=30 to 1=30 ,broke down ,WRB ,then a resting bullish bar,then another dive at the bottom,now we look at 15 min for clues.

When market is coming down,concentrate on highs,see the action in the circled area ,from 2:00 to 2:45 the market was oscillating in the range and you have to train your eyes to see pivot in the circled area.Is it a pivot fitting in defination of 3 bars,5 bars,palm held open in front of your face ? No but just concentrate on circled area without bothering about words,definations etc you will see the pivot,the breakout and a huge move up. And guys,this is not afterthought,my post at 3:01 mentions market reversing.

In intraday mini flow we cannot ignore these pivots. I also used to have difficulty in locating such pivots when our friends like Rakesh,MJ,MB,Prabhjeet and few others used to see these pivots effortlessly and I used to scratch my clueless head trying to fit it in words and definations. But with practice every one can see these pivots.

These reversals are of vital importance in mini flow.

Some friends who joined recently may find this post useful.

Best Wishes,Trade well !!!

Smart_trade

TFL

Posting the 15 min chart of yesterday's (31-10-2008) Nifty Futures. I saw a post yesterday when the market action was on,asking about how we have pivot on 15 min. Having undergone this difficulty myself earlier I thought of sharing what I have learnt about identifying pivots.
The market was doing a big sideways movement on 30 min chart ( our prime timeframe) from 12=30 to 1=30 ,broke down ,WRB ,then a resting bullish bar,then another dive at the bottom,now we look at 15 min for clues.

When market is coming down,concentrate on highs,see the action in the circled area ,from 2:00 to 2:45 the market was oscillating in the range and you have to train your eyes to see pivot in the circled area.Is it a pivot fitting in defination of 3 bars,5 bars,palm held open in front of your face ? No but just concentrate on circled area without bothering about words,definations etc you will see the pivot,the breakout and a huge move up. And guys,this is not afterthought,my post at 3:01 mentions market reversing.

In intraday mini flow we cannot ignore these pivots. I also used to have difficulty in locating such pivots when our friends like Rakesh,MJ,MB,Prabhjeet and few others used to see these pivots effortlessly and I used to scratch my clueless head trying to fit it in words and definations. But with practice every one can see these pivots.

These reversals are of vital importance in mini flow.

Some friends who joined recently may find this post useful.

Best Wishes,Trade well !!!

Smart_trade
Smart_trade,

Your massage about the possible reversal was at the right time or I may not look for another long trade. I observed in 15 min and reversed at the right time. Thank you for the notification.

We can consider the sideways(in 15 min as last days...) breakout as a reverse point right even if the visual pivot like thing is not so visible...sat the many bars have same highs?
I think have seen a chart by Saint somewhere in the forum stated about such a reversal.

Haribird.

Last edited:
V

vvvv

attaching same 15min nifty
r those marked in white pivots??...pivots as per saint is sumthing from where market turns.if the market had gone down again from the point marked by u as pivot then tht point wud have been a turning point...
in this case we had a reversal from tht. point.i hope u understood wht i mean.
by definition not a pivot definitely...
r u referring to a congestion pattern of 4 bars there & u r calling the high of the congestion as a pivot..if yes then u r entering at the breakout of a congestion
still doubts abt wht ur stating or maybe im missing sumthing.

orderflow13

Buyers and sellers reach on consensus of price and that creates the zone/congestion pattern.High and low of that zone can be pivot.Market may turn from there, breakout or reverse.Thats what we looking for to set our SAR .
Correct me if my understanding is not correct.

Saint,

At this stage of my learning I would never have dreamt of taking a position at 2814. Even at 2836 + room, I would have hesitated as the long wick of this candle is very discouraging. Only a convincing break of the WRB Hi + room would have made me take that long after an exhausting day of many ups and down and that too at the end of the day. Guess we have miles to go to even reach a small part of your trading ability.

A major area (in fact the key) to successfully trade miniflow is to judge the reversals. This skill can only be had with experience. Saint, I would request you to continue your detailed commentary on reversals that we encounter everyday on miniflow with your ideas like the one you have given today. This will complicate the thread bit, but the insight into your way of thinking will help us in recognizing the signs early and taking action. Only seasoned trader like you would have taken the last trade (of going long) - we were either too exhausted, shell shocked or licking our wounds to really think coherently at that point of time.

Thanks as ever for your inputs

Bee
Yes Bee.......getting the reversals at that exact time and moment is important.All with time.....it will all come.

For now,everyone is doing a great job.When I started out,I was not half or a third as good as you guys are.......you all doing a great job.

Keep persisting........go through as many charts as you possibly can.

Well done,everyone!!

Saint

attaching same 15min nifty
r those marked in white pivots??...pivots as per saint is sumthing from where market turns.if the market had gone down again from the point marked by u as pivot then tht point wud have been a turning point...
in this case we had a reversal from tht. point.i hope u understood wht i mean.
by definition not a pivot definitely...
r u referring to a congestion pattern of 4 bars there & u r calling the high of the congestion as a pivot..if yes then u r entering at the breakout of a congestion
still doubts abt wht ur stating or maybe im missing sumthing.
Yes Vikram.....a breakout from a an area of congestion on the 15,a failed breakout pattern on the 60.......2 reasons to get bullish and seize that reversal.

Just that congestion pattern breakout would not be enough for me........if that hourly bar closed at 2810 or something thereabouts,would still be bearish.2836 is a negation of half that WRB fall.Another bullish bar is enough......entry would have been 2836.

Saint

One more thing........hope you guys don't mind posting charts that are visible to my poor eye.

Red Green Colour Blind........which is why all my charts are black and white,or Blue and Red,etc.

Sorry for that inconvenience........

Thanx,
Saint

V

vvvv

One more thing........hope you guys don't mind posting charts that are visible to my poor eye.

Red Green Colour Blind........which is why all my charts are black and white,or Blue and Red,etc.

Sorry for that inconvenience........

Thanx,
Saint
seriously speaking wht kind of stuff u see when u see a red green color..just curious
thnks for ur explanation...wht i understand is ur miniflow follows the price action more closely than ever...do u suggest any exercise or reading sum buks for understanding pure price action more closely.

Saint you gave us a huge headstart, could I even dream of trading like I do now without ur guidance?

trading 60m & Miniflow makes me feel like Zeus, will always be humble and never get my returns go to my head, Dont really want to electrocute myself with my own lightening bolt

My transition was more to do with leaving my ego at the door than anything else.......

Thank you.
MJ-
Wishing you all the very best,MJ ..... keep going the way you have been doing for some time now and you won't be needing any guidance from anyone.........but yes,always always remain humble........guard against that ego that comes with great success.And before a great fall.

You are doing great,my friend.......keep up your efforts.And may you reach dizzying heights of success.

Saint

Status
Not open for further replies.