Hi @timepass, @Newbie Day-Trader & @bashasm,

We have also mentioned several times on this thread that it makes sense to have a minimum spread between Target & SL.
Going round and round, the same point. It makes even more sense to have input validation, so as to disallow any erroneous inputs, whether inadvertent or otherwise :).

Ok.

Going round and round, the same point. It makes even more sense to have input validation, so as to disallow any erroneous inputs, whether inadvertent or otherwise :).

Ok.
Coming to the issue of having a minimum spread i think what @Tejas Khoday is implying that while placing order we need to be aware of what the spread will be between SL and TP .... Many a times it so happens that we are placing order in a rush so as not to miss the train.. In that instance we really do not try to remember about the spread being very small or in some cases being very big.... i believe i have been stopped out from order execution due to spread between SL and TP being very large also....

So to avoid all this, i feel @timepass bro's message of INPUT VALIDATION is more important here.. The system should have been able to point out and stop my order if the spread was less given the volatility taking place at that instant.. I don't know how it is feasible or how it can be technically done, but that is what should be done.

Thanks @Tejas Khoday for your clarifiying posts although i am replying here and not to your post directly...
I think i will start using CO instead of BO as this is the 2nd time that has happened to me so as to avoid more mishaps and losses also.. Do note i blame myself and not anybody else for my losses.. only thing was i felt sad it happened to me again (second time) for no fault of mine, hence the rant. Excuse me for that please.

regards
Greg

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS

Ok.
A while ago, a few TJ members said exactly the opposite. Saying input validation should not be there as we should not take excessive precaution and the trader must understand the risks. I guess you were a part of that conversation too.

Thanks for your inputs.

travi

Of course you guys are doing a good job and also on the lines of "educating" the trader.

I don't know the "how" very clearly yet, but perhaps a one-time popup warning like many other softwares that have them (not repeated for every BO placement)
but creating awareness of ultra-tight SLs.
"You have been warned" kind-of-a-thing :p

A while ago, a few TJ members said exactly the opposite. Saying input validation should not be there as we should not take excessive precaution and the trader must understand the risks. I guess you were a part of that conversation too.

Thanks for your inputs.

@FYERS_Team @Tejas Khoday

How to change the colors of the RS/Previous day levels, the issue comes when I change the chart background color to dark color, I need to change these

View attachment 34896
Hi @bashasm,

Our intention behind FyersOne is to provide sophisticated and advanced charting platform with a screener to our Intraday traders. You may face limitations in customizations of colours for now. In this regard, your feedback has been noted down until then, we will appreciate your patience.
Thanks!

Of course you guys are doing a good job and also on the lines of "educating" the trader.

I don't know the "how" very clearly yet, but perhaps a one-time popup warning like many other softwares that have them (not repeated for every BO placement)
but creating awareness of ultra-tight SLs.
"You have been warned" kind-of-a-thing :p
Good suggestion :up:

If not full RMS then at least a warning.

Thanks for your inputs.
It could be added to Settings, so those who want it can keep the validation on while those who don't want it can turn it off, just like we already can with trade-confirmations, order-visibility on charts, sound on execution. As previously suggested, traders could also preset their desired SL & TP % for all of their BO orders in Settings, & this wouldn't be an issue.

On a separate note, would I have to have a demat with you in order to get margin against Liquidbees or will it be possible for you to give margin by keeping them in your pool account or something? The haircut will be 10% for Liquidbees, right?

Hi @Newbie Day-Trader,
We appreciate your suggestion with the terms of BO. It will add value to our efforts & own interest to ensure your experience is smooth and hassle-free. Your feedback has been noted down, will review with our team.

Yes, you are correct haircut is 10% and you do need a Demat account with us to buy and hold equity investments (i.e. Liquidbees), then only it will be eligible for collateral margin as your depositories play their role here in providing margin.
Thanks!

Hello @Fyers Tech @FYERS_Team @Tejas Khoday

HAD RAISED THE BELOW SUPPORT TICKET LAST NIGHT..... It is 10.30 am and still it is showing negative balance due to which i cannot trade....

I had hoped to see some positive initiative from Fyers side and thought with the BO issue being rectified at your end the matter would be solved... BUT I HAVE TO AGAIN WRITE TO SUPPORT AND POST HERE TO GET MY QUERY SOLVED......

Please see the image down... FG0297 - Gregory Fernandes

This is because i had placed a BUY order in BO and as per support the SL and TP was very close and hence 2nd leg of BO order was executed and left me stranded with open position WHICH I WAS NOT ABLE TO CLOSE.
Support then had to raise a counter order to square off the position.

NOW DUE TO THIS THE BELOW BALANCE IS NOT SHOWING CORRECT.

In fact today morning it was showing +/- Rs 209000/-.
KINDLY RECTIFY THE SAME AS I KNOW I HAD AROUND 20000 Rs and today maybe in loss of around 1500 to 2000 rs...

ALSO PLEASE WITHOUT CHECKING THE CASE PROPERLY DO NOT SAY THAT THE BELOW AMOUNT IS CORRECT ETC....

Attachments