Hey @gregferns, We don't allow buying stock options using Bracket Orders (BO) as we don't provide any leverage for options buyers except in near-month Nifty options. Hence, please select "MARGIN" product type instead of BO.

Possibly your next question - But that should this order is not allowed right?
The Answer - We have an RMS check which prevents stop loss below a certain %. In your case, you have placed SL as 7 which means that your stop loss is INR 2.2 (More than 50%). In such cases, you get the pop-up notification as you have shown in the screenshot.

Hope this clarifies.
Hi..

Yes that explains it a bit better (the RMS part).... Can you tell me what is the normal percentage SL allowed?? Is it different for different trades / sectors / types ??

Also, when you said MARGIN instead of BO isnt that for OVERNIGHT positions ??
This link below says MARGIN is for overnight.... And i may not want to carry that position overnight...
https://fyers.in/how-to-buy-shares-on-fyers-one-2/

Regards
Greg

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Hi..

Yes that explains it a bit better (the RMS part).... Can you tell me what is the normal percentage SL allowed?? Is it different for different trades / sectors / types ??

Also, when you said MARGIN instead of BO isnt that for OVERNIGHT positions ??
This link below says MARGIN is for overnight.... And i may not want to carry that position overnight...
https://fyers.in/how-to-buy-shares-on-fyers-one-2/

Regards
Greg
1. 50% is the normal percentage. No, it is the same for all sectors & types at the moment.

2. Yeah, I said MARGIN product type because as an options buyer you're going to pay 100% of the premium amount anyway. So, if you select the INTRADAY product type, your position needs to be squared off by the end of the day. Why do that when you don't get any leverage while buying options? It's an unnecessary hurdle. You can choose it if it is a conscious decision.

1. 50% is the normal percentage. No, it is the same for all sectors & types at the moment.

2. Yeah, I said MARGIN product type because as an options buyer you're going to pay 100% of the premium amount anyway. So, if you select the INTRADAY product type, your position needs to be squared off by the end of the day. Why do that when you don't get any leverage while buying options? It's an unnecessary hurdle. You can choose it if it is a conscious decision.
1... Ok Noted.. Thanks
2... So you are saying that if i am SURE ABOUT MY CALL for the trade direction, then might as well go for MARGIN instead of INTRADAY... IN both cases i will be paying full premium and blocking funds also right ??

We have written about our Square Off timings as per our Risk Management Policies just in case you didn't know - FYERS Square Off Timings.
Thanks for this.. .Read it....

One question here...

If i open a position intraday in the morning and i just leave it there,,,, will it get squared off at the end of the 1st session (irrespective of profit / loss ?) or will it get squared off only by evening ???

I am asking specifically because considering volatility in crude i have noticed that mostly (not always) if we take a trade in the morning it can be very profitable towards evening.... So in this case if i keep an intraday position will it get squared off at 1st session close or it will continue till end of day ??? Or will it be at your discretion considering margin involved in commodity future ??

SORRY FOR ASKING TOO MANY QUESTIONS...

And thanks.

Greg

D.Hatkar

Never stop learning.