Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Yes ...It is better if u enable it on the expiry day. Me too not able to trade in jan expiry using CO.

Sent from my M5_lite using Tapatalk
The thing is that commodity derivative contracts don't expire uniformly like equity and index derivatives. Hence, at tiimes, the enablement of contracts can be overseen. We have noted your feedback and will do the needful going forward. However, if cover orders are not going through, please let us know and we shall look into it immediately.

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
The equity markets have closed for the year 2018! I guess everyone on TJ will wind up the day soon and head towards your fav bars or friends houses to bring in the new year! I wish you all a very happy new year 2019! I hope this has been a great year considering markets have been very volatile! Although NIFTY, BANKNIFTY and NIFTY 500 only gave a 2%, 6% and -5% returns respectively this year, I surely hope many of you have taken maximum advantage of market volatility by timing and outperformed the markets.

2018 was a decent year for us. This year, we reached a total of 10,000 clients! I remember when we first started the business, we had less than 500 square feet office space, no leads, no employees and zero clients. We left everything from our previous employment and started afresh! Today, we're a sizeable team with good knowledge capital in our own respective work domains, we haven't spent on advertisements so far and grown purely on the basis of referrals. In the beginning, we only had an NSE license but now we have acquired memberships of all major exchanges in India. Yes, it did take up a lot of time but what to do? Our business is heavily regulated and new memberships take forever! One needs more patience to hang on than Warren Buffett I guess ;-). Also, we have managed to be bootstrapped all along with our own capital without conceding to any investors who could be a mismatch to our working style.

In the meanwhile, I have learned a lot about traders and investors (Angels & VCs included) in these years. It's been a fun journey so far and I hope you all are satisfied with our interactions on Traderji. I will continue to engage with you all. I wish @Traderji team and the moderators such as @timepass all the very best too! This forum certainly deserves a much larger audience considering that it is independent of any bias. I feel like writing much more but for now, I will stop!

Oh and by the way, we have updated all the holidays on our Trading Holidays Calendar for 2019 here - https://fyers.in/holiday-calendar/

Thanks for the patronage :)

Last edited:

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
@Tejas Khoday
Even if we leave aside the traditional brokerages and compare the discount brokerages - there is a fierce competition. Think what you can offer unique to your customers!
Hey @msdtime, This is India after all! There is competition in every field I know of. Especially in this era where access to information is not a barrier anymore. There is no way around it except to deal with it efficiently. I have been in other businesses before broking where the nature of competition is even more extreme and have dealt with those adversities too. This makes me a bit comfortable! Competition is a good thing @msdtime. If there's only one person running a race, it's not really a race, is it?

Hi, Please re-try now. We have resolved it!

Note that currently, we provide Cover orders only for near-month expiry contracts. Since ZINC Mini December contracts are expiring today, we had not yet enabled it for the next expiry. However, we have done it so that you can trade.
Pls see this issue i have now.

I placed a CO for crude. I dont know what happened there is no PENDING ORDER showing in the ORDER tab.. But position is showing as 1 sell lot of crude oil.

NOW I AM NOT ABLE TO CLOSE THE POSITION AS THERE IS NO ORDER IN THE ORDER TAB. PLS HELP URGENTLY as your customer service has not yet replied to me... If you can close at your end please do so.

1546267554765.png

Riskyman

Pls see this issue i have now.

I placed a CO for crude. I dont know what happened there is no PENDING ORDER showing in the ORDER tab.. But position is showing as 1 sell lot of crude oil.

NOW I AM NOT ABLE TO CLOSE THE POSITION AS THERE IS NO ORDER IN THE ORDER TAB. PLS HELP URGENTLY as your customer service has not yet replied to me... If you can close at your end please do so.

View attachment 32230
Boss, the order has been executed and now you are holding a short position. (There is no order in the order tab because the order has been executed)
You can close it yourself by clicking on x mark either on the chart or from the position tab.

Riskyman

@Tejas Khoday . Hello and Happy New Year to you!.

Dropped by to mention that Fyers web has been functioning very well since my last interaction with you. (My usage is limited to basic charts, order placements/modifications etc.) Very Happy with the system now and appreciate your efforts to solve the execution/modification issues that were present earlier. :up:

As I have mentioned before... one of the reasons (apart from the tradingview interface) I trade with Fyers is because of your presence on traderji. I sincerely hope you will continue to be present here and help your clients resolving their problems as you have been doing so far.

Good luck!:up::up:

Boss, the order has been executed and now you are holding a short position. (There is no order in the order tab because the order has been executed)
You can close it yourself by clicking on x mark either on the chart or from the position tab.
Bro the order is a CO..... IT DOES NOT ALLOW TO CLOSE FROM ANYWHERE ELSE BUT THE ORDER TAB..... AND IN THE ORDER TAB THERE IS NO PENDING ORDER TO CLOSE..... I TRIED CLOSING BY CLICKING X AND EVEN TRIED CLOSING FROM POSITION TAB ETC..... NOTHING WORKING....

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk