Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
@Tejas Khoday ,
hi, writing in after sometime.
like i had said earlier i did start to trade with you since yesterday, i needed some clarification about the the platform and i had called your support. someone told me they will call me back after they have switched on their system and connect the remote access. and as i was afraid i waited till afternoon before calling back. ( iremember expressing this fear earlier) . this time i asked for kishore ( i had interacted with him earlier and seems to be a helpful chap) and discussed with him. though he was unable to give a solution he at least tries to help.

The other points i want to make regarding the platform usage could be unique to me but being day trader i did find it bothersome.
1. i had placed an order and wanted to modify the order at one point. i used F3 to invoke the order book and after summoning the modify window was waiting for a slight change in the pricing before i place it. after around 30secs when i did place the order it got rejected saying " response time out, refresh your order window" !! by the time i could do this the price had moved against me and i lost the opportunity. I also found out its the same F1 F2 etc., why would you have a timeout for this. i usually call a window and many a time i may not be able to place/ cancel an order immediately. if these keep becoming inactive every few seconds it will become difficult to modify /place orders. could you explain the logic here. i dont see any.

2. when we invoke the buy or sell window for options/ futures, the lot quantity is selected by default there and by using the up /down button the incremental jump of the lot quantity is achieved, ( this also is true with nest) but something strange happened. if for example bank nifty with a lot size of 40 is changed to 45 and then the up/ down button used, the jump is by 40- i.e to 85 and not to the next logical step of 80. this is how i have seen it nest and wonder why this strange quantity should come for derivatives which have a predefined lot size.

3. the F3 and F11 windows always seem to open full screen even though i keep reducing the sizes, since the full screen blocks the market watch window it would be nice if the windows can be adjusted to a smaller size as required by the user.

4. i am not sure how many lines you have for your telephone connection. but i did have to wait quite sometime to get your support on line. since your client base is increasing, maybe it would be wiser to increase the number of lines
1. Do let us know if it happens again during market hours. If we are not reachable, please screen record it and send it to us so that our team can have a look at this. We will be able to get to the root of the issue when it is happening and will be easier to identify why it happened.

2. Noted. We'll ask the team to make the change in a future update.

3. Actually, the windows used to be much smaller but we got a lot of feedback asking us to increase it to full screen so we did. This is the same with NEST too. The order book, trade book and net positions window open in full screen. We'll work on the resizing in a future update too.

4. We have one board line to keep things simple. We're hiring more support executives. I guess you called when there was high call traffic. Usually, our response time is minimal. Thanks for your feedback.

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Brokers can go down it is not unheard of. As a trader you have to know that. Only thing that concerns me at this point is that I was trading this week's BN and N options and today is expiry. So if they are unable to fix it then I might have to pay over 2500 for STT of ITM options. you learn new thing every day So..
We resolved it in the shortest time possible during market hours.

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
@Tejas Khoday
Is there a way to make popped out windows in Fyers One independent of the home/main Fyers one window? Lets say I pop out a chart or workspace from Main/home window, when i minimize the home window other windows/workspace also gets minimized, that should not happen :( the popped out Windows do not become independent of home window. Kind of becomes useless even when you are multi monitor setup (am sure you can understand and see/feel it too, as you got X monitor setup too).

Please fix this.
Your feedback makes sense. Will work on this in a future update.

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
@Tejas Khoday , thanks for the response ( or the deliberate lack of it!) . now i know exactly what i can expect from fyers.
Hello @kharikumaar, I do my best to revert to as many messages on this thread as possible and as fast as possible. Apart from just replying on the thread, I have to work on implementing the suggestions, communicating across our different channels, running the business and the managing the intricacies of it. However, I have replied to your previous messages. The thing is that your messages tend to be long (I really appreciate that you take out the time to do it) so during the rush hours, I may not be able to read them in peace, especially if it is not absolutely critical on that very day.

Keep them coming because feedback is important to us, I will reply as soon as I can.

Happy Trading!

Last edited:

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Dear Tejas,
I have a suggestion. If u r fyers mobile app is to be the same like Fyersweb interface, then it will be very user friendly to place order,exit and overall for trading.
I am mostly using mobile only for trading.
Thanks in advance.

Sent from my M5_lite using Tapatalk
The thing is that TradingView application doesn't have a mobile app interface. Also, trading from charts feature is not very efficient on the phone due to the limited space available to maneuver with your fingers. We can implement it, but after running UX tests, it was not as expected so we abandoned the idea.