Day Trading Stocks & Futures

checkmate7

Not a big supermart but it is most efficiently run supermart.....go and spend few hours in their stores to see the people shopping, their pricing, rush at the billing counter....I go there every 3 months just to see things myself.
I can compare tht with big bazaar here since I m not in Mumbai...Went on 2nd Oct and felt like why did I come so much crowd as if we were getting free product there...

I can compare tht with big bazaar here since I m not in Mumbai...Went on 2nd Oct and felt like why did I come so much crowd as if we were getting free product there...
DMart and Big Bazar no comparison...

checkmate7

sridhga

Retail is not going to fall off the cliff because of the online onslaught. Many US retail chains are closing down because they are high cost models. Eventually retail will evolve and adapt. It may co-exist/compliment/support online. D Mart stores are not big as such but their footfalls are too impressive. I do not go there for shopping as it wastes lot of time. But observing the store, its pricing and footfalls is a part of my fundamental analysis that I may not document on paper. Some good retail companies are DMart and Bata. I do not know about VMart since it is not present in my state. Khadim has impressive stores but their debt position worries me.

Is Dmart providing more cheap items and mode of operation is different?
DMart mostly owns the premises they set up their stores in...so they have no worry of high and increasing rentals...average customer of DMart is a lower middle class person but he buys his entire months provisions from them so their per customer sales is high...this enables them to keep their prices low..

ST

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
Is Dmart providing more cheap items and mode of operation is different?
they own the real estate outright instead of renting in most cases. At least that's what they are doing in tier 2 and tier 3 cities. In mega cities they go for longer lease model. I guess, property valuation is added to the books.