Day Trading Stocks & Futures

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
How else can they lure new bakras into the stock market?? If they tell the truth to the general public that 60% of the market is down and out, who will invest in the market? Index management karo aur logon ko Ch****** banoa. Also, I hear several people asking "Yaar market roz upar upar jata hai par mera Mutual fund ka value neeche hai".

I go through numerous stock charts everyday and looking at them I often wonder from where Nifty gets so much juice from. Rest of the market looks dead. Obviously bhai, Kuch gad bad zaroor hai. Kuch dhamka hone wala hai!.

Edit: I have always felt that they should have an Index (not sure how to compute it) which will consider all the gains and losses of all stocks traded and reflect a wholesome picture of the market.

Edit 2: Or maybe this is a part of the "slow, painful & prolonged" correction that we've discussed many times in the past. Maybe this how it works... that the weaker ones have already started to bite the dust. Eventually, the rest of them who are bouncing and making new highs begin to correct substantially leading to a wide spread contagion. If you see some Mid caps/small caps.. they are trading well below 2008 lows. And it appears that the pain in many of them are not yet over. As I type this, my thoughts go out to all those people who entered mutual fund for the first time at high of the market an are seeing negative returns. Those who bought mid/small caps right on top. I think these people will never want to come back to the market again.
They do come back.

Again at all time high. (based on true story of the author... ) :)

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
Latest Notice: Exclusion Of Futures And Options Contracts.

All Members,
Exclusion of Futures and Options contracts on 34 securities This is in reference with SEBI Circular Ref. No: SEBI/HO/MRD/DP/CIR/P/2018/67 dated April 11, 2018 regarding Review of Framework for Stocks in Derivatives Segment which states that after a period of one year from the date of the circular, only those stocks which meet the enhanced eligibility criteria shall remain in derivatives segment. Accordingly, members are requested to note that the contracts for new expiry months in the following securities will not be issued on expiry of existing contract months.

View attachment 35710
View attachment 35711
at last suzlon is out of fno...

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
So If stock markets represent the state of economy, this is the real picture:D

No need for recomposing the index. Because Broader indices like Nifty100, Nifty 200 & Nifty 500 are already available to track the market broadly. But problem cannot be addressed even if we track Nifty500 i/o Nifty 50. Because even Broader Nifty indices will replicate Nifty50. This is due to our weighted average method of index calculation where the companies with higher market cap will occupy higher weightage in index. So even if we track Nifty 500, top 20 companies like RIL, HDFC, TCS, Kotak etc. will account to appx 70% + weightage.

I think we need to track Indices of Mid cap & Small Cap where Nifty constituents are not included. And these indices will give somewhat actual picture. But why TV anchors really care for all these.
https://www.niftyindices.com/indices/equity/broad-based-indices/nifty-midsmallcap-400

Mid Small 400. NSE has answer to all our queries it seems.

mohan.sic

Thats bad, as it would disturb levels of SL that you would want to keep. Slippage is something that is to be absorbed by the trader. And yes, its late here :)
But Once the Bracket Order is executed, and the Stops and Targets are live in the markets, we can modify both to take care of the slippage and bring them to intended levels right? Please advise People

Yes, stops and targets can be modified once your initial order has been executed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Suppose BO for 200 quantity is executed in say 10 trades, there will be 10 stop and 10 target orders and if you want to modify, each one of them has to be modified. I think all the orders cannot be modified together. Not easy.